“Grand Entrance - Small Room”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Grand Entrance - Small Room”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My co-worker picked the place because it was "on sale". It still was very expensive, as I don't think I've ever paid that much for parking and breakfast buffet. The parking is valet only. In addition to $32.00/day they expect tips and you have to budget 5-10 minutes to actually get the car. The breakfast buffet was very good, but blew a $22.50 hole in my per diem.

The hotel is huge. When you enter, the roof is aligned with the last floor of their towers. I am not easily impressed by size. In fact, it means I have to walk more to your room. I would much rather have a spacious suite instead of a grand entrance, but that was not to be.

I stayed in Radius tower. Maybe they have larger rooms elsewhere, but mine was so small, two people could not easily pass. There was no bath, just a shower. Did not have a "Do not disturb" sign either.

Other than that, good service, friendly staff, but I put a premium on comfort, convenience and value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy our hotel. We do offer various sized rooms within our three towers and would have been happy to change your accommodations for you. We hope that you give us an opportunity to wow you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm not impressed, I'm not really a city girl either. I traveled with my husband for a conference that was held at the hotel for a week. We took our daughter and it's not very baby friendly (she is 7 months). They advertise they have cribs, it's not a crib it's a pack n play, I would have just brought my pack n play if I had known that since ours is nicer. Her formula has to be kept in the fridge and heated up, guess we were lucky to at least get a fridge. The rooms are small, the fridge is very small, it fits into a cabinet and it does not have a little freezer like most little fridges do. The staff was friendly. Parking is ridiculous at the hotel, ask for the Triple A parking garage and it's almost half the cost and is the same garage. If we were not going to a conference, I would not have stayed here. The hotel is very clean from what I have seen so far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused and hope that you do decide to visit us again in the future.
Penn Yan, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our stay in Atlanta was arranged by a business associate. I had concerns that I wasn't able to choose our accommodations. But, I could not have made a better choice myself. We got on the "Marta" train at the airport and got off a few steps from the hyatt.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The view of downtown Atlanta was lovely. The staff was professional and helpful. I couldn't ask for more from any hotel.

2 Thank justvisitingkids
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in the future!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed for one night while on business to attend the AmericasMart. And yes, the valet wrecked my car to the tune of $3700 in damages. I understand that accidents happen, and that when you leave your car in the hands of others there is a risk. However, it's horrible when you have to leave with a damaged car. The valet manager was nice and handled it great, but it still doesn't leave me with a good memory of the place. They did not comp my stay, but did throw in a free breakfast, and didn't make me pay for parking.

The hotel itself was clean, nice city views, and the service was pleasant. There was a woman panhandling in the lobby restroom, but I told her that I had no cash and she left. The breakfast offered a nice range of choices, and the location was perfect (across the street from AmericasMart).

I might have had a terrible experience, but overall I think that this is an average hotel in an excellent location (if you're going to market).

2 Thank Katie R
Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Hyatt is a great option for an Atlanta visit. We were here for a business trip and it was extremely comfortable and convenient to everything.

Atlanta is hot, humid and stormy in July and staying in a hotel that is connected to a shopping mall and rapid transit made our stay much more enjoyable.

In addition, the property is unique with a 22 story atrium and large sculpture. It has nicely appointed rooms, although slightly small bathrooms. But they are simple and clean design.

Nice views of the city and nice restaurant and market deli. One odd thing - no room service is available during the middle of the day. Also, the hallways pretty much always had discarded food trays and food debris. Note that our room was very clean.

And finally, we really appreciated having a patio door that opened. What a nice feature to be able to get some fresh air!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank BridgetF
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of our convenient connections to Peachtree Center Mall and MARTA. We did experience extremely story weather during your time here so being able to get around without going outside is definitely a big help. We hope to have you back with us on your next visit to Atlanta!
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I spent 4 nights here this spring for a business trip. The hotel is very nice and the staff helpful. The only complaint i have is that i had a room in the main building on the 21st floor, which was directly above the bar in the main lobby level. I was busy with work and tired, but was not able to go to sleep when i needed and wanted to due to a busy loud bar. There was a challenge w/the internet. There two confrences going on at once and the internet in our rooms kept crashing which made it difficult to get the work done that i needed to.

Room Tip: I had a business associate who had a room that was not in the main part of the hotel. Although her r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We are happy to hear that you found the room comfortable and apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused. We understand your concerns and would have been happy to change your room for you. We hope to have you back with us in the future.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I got a standard room which felt small to me. They were nice and modern. The location was good. Fun bars and good food very close. The aquarium and coca cola museum were within walking distance, unless it is hot and humid. The big issue I had were the doors were very loud when they shut and echoed considerably. It can definitely disrupt your morning if you have early birds next door.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MT1666
Thank you for your review We are glad to see you enjoyed our downtown location. We will be sure to forward your comments on to the appropriate departments and hope to have you with us again soon.