Hyatt Regency Atlanta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$169
RitzCarlton.com
$204
$127
4,356 results
All reviewsinternational towerradius towersway restaurantatrium towerpeachtree mallfood courtheart of downtownvalet parkingattending a conferencebeautiful hotelbusiness tripworld of coca colafitness centerking roomgeorgia aquariummarta stationolympic park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I just worked with the Hyatt Regency Atlanta to plan a meeting for my company, and from the site visit several months ago until the completion of the meeting on Thursday, I couldn't have been happier. I had done a site visit on this property 3 years ago, and did not consider it at that time because it felt very cold and institutional. That has completely changed. The $65M renovation has helped the hotel to be more warm, inviting and upscale. My first impression as I walked in the front door earlier this year was "WOW!" I was speechless. As huge as the front lobby is, it felt very spa-like. They have enclosed the lobby restaurant, Sway (short for 'Southern Way') and have updated the menu with delicious and huge offerings.

Checking in is a more personal interraction now as you are approached by the associates at a kiosk rather than at a long counter. You also have the opportunity to check-in at an unmanned kiosk rather than waiting in a line if you prefer that.

After selecting the hotel for my meeting, I had great conversations with the banquet and AV companies to help me plan the upcoming meeting. Tracey Martin was very accommodating and gave great suggestions on how to make our meeting a hit.

At the time of the meeting, I requested a sleeping room in the International tower. The other reviews about this tower are correct. The room could not be lovelier or better appointed, but if you're a light sleeper, international tower street-side is not for you. You will hear traffic noise, sirens, screaming, etc., all night long. I had a corner room in the international tower so I was able to keep my meeting materials/equipment in one part of the room, away from the sleeping area. It was a fairly large room and the king bed was enormous.

The meeting facilities in the international tower were very nice, but I think they may be getting close to needing a renovation. The banquet and AV staff were extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable about the food and set ups. I have been planning meetings for 10 years and they were definitely one of the best teams I've had the pleasure with which to work. The food itself was very healthy and delicious, and I had meeting participants say, "This is the first meeting I've attended where I've been able to eat the meals offered and not just the salad." The Hyatt seems to have taken the lead in offering more health-conscious menu items and training their staff on thos items. I was very impressed!

I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency Atlanta for visitor travel, for business travel (as it's very easy to get to from the ATL airport via MARTA), and for meetings. Top notch!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to request a room that's not on the Peachtree Street side.
1  Thank TLee68
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to see that you were pleased with everything and look forward to your return in the future. We will be sure to pass your comments along to Tracey Martin and all departments!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Was here in April for a conference. Good conference hotel with plenty of space. Hotel staff very friendly and check-in and check-out was easy. I was put in the International tower which was recently redone and nicely appointed. Bathroom was nice with a good shower. There is a full size balcony with the room. The view was nothing to look at as it was blocked by another tower of the hotel. Came in on the Marta with no problems. Homeless people were not aggressive. Easy to get breakfast and lunch at the mall food court next door. Lobby/bar/pool area looked nice and they have a well appointed exercise room open 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WK0119
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and got to see how easy travel is with MARTA! We hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

It is my second time to stay in this hotel for a conference within 6 months.

Compared with the last stay in November 2011, there is no big change and I do not have any complaint on any customer service.

I stay in the center tower rather than the international tower this time. Everything is alright but I found that the carpet along the corridor is started getting old ...

The food and drink in the bar are always good - I specially like their Maples Pork Sandwich :) It is also good that there is a 24/7 shop selling snacks, sandwiches and drinks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay again after being with us twice in the last 6 months and that you received the same great customer service upon your return. We hope to have you back with us on your next trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is very centrally located to all the downtown Atlanta sites. It has an excellent concierge and the staff make your stay as pleasant as possible. Atlanta, however, is a very expensive place to visit during the week.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you with us on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed here for a business meeting in late April. I'd say the hotel met my expectations for a Hyatt hotel. The hotel is undergoing a massive renovation project (it appeared to be largely completed except for some elevator work), and everything seemed nice and new. Some of the older reviews of this hotel (pre-renovation) probably don't do it justice anymore.

The rooms were nice, beds comfy, and the lobby bar was a great place to meet colleagues for a drink. It was certainly sufficient for a business trip. I qualify that statement with "business" because if you're familiar with Atlanta you know that there's really no reason to go downtown, except for work. There are tons of great neighborhoods in and around downtown, but the actual downtown area is not a touristy destination.

So I would absolutely recommend this hotel if staying in the area for business in the downtown area, but if you're traveling to Atlanta to explore Atlanta? You can do better, maybe not much better in the service and quality department, but certainly a better location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We have just completed a $65 renovation to completely transform the look and feel of the hotel from the guestrooms, meeting space, common areas and outlets. We are in the downtown area where a lot of business conferences are held but we are also walking distance to all of the major attractions in Atlanta such as the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Centennial Olympic Park, CNN Center and more. We like to encourage our guests to mix a little fun in with business trips to our great city. We hope to have you back with us in the future and hope you will have time to explore some of the nearby attractions.