“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ludowici, Georgia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I can not find one negative thing concerning the hotel based on value alone. There was active construction at the time of my stay hence the lower rate. The facility is modern and tastefully decorated. The room was clean and in good repair. Do beware of local taxi-including the service used at the hyatt--they go off the meter and charge much more than fair would total.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are doing all that we can to make guests comfortable during the final stages of our transformation. For clarification, the meter taxis are independent of the hotel and though you may be picked up in our front drive, we do not have any partnerships with local taxi services. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the city.
Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 14, 2011

From the moment we walked in we felt welcome. Polite, efficient, courteous front desk. Clean, modern rooms. We walked to the aquarium, the hard rock, pitty pats. Yes, there are homeless folk....it's a major city. Nothing to be nervous about. The renovations look great. The gym is fantastic. I always like the Hyatt soap. Lol. Overall a great experience. Thank you for helping my 5 days in Atlanta to be a nice, relaxing, fun experience.

• Stayed December 2011
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to the city.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, it's a great location near everything, our room was absolutely beautiful- the art was so great I wanted to take it home! Luxurious finishings from the showerhead to the granite to the tile, carpet was very clean, all the furniture was brand new. I cannot say enough good about our stay here, also ordered room service which was prompt and had a romantic evening in! Loved our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: Higher up has nice city view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed all the upgrades from out $65 million renovation and look forward to having you back again soon.
Marietta, GA
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I needed an intown place to crash following a concert event at the tabernacle (snoop and whiz). With that, I used priceline to get a 4 star hotel in downtown. The result was a slam dunk! The hotel bid was $48, which came to $61 with taxes. The location was perfect to every place I needed to be. The room was modern w flat screen tv and contemporary furnishings, just how I like it. The bed was oh so comfy! My only negatives were the $29 to valet park, but that is to be expected and the very thin walls. I could hear every noise from the street to the hallway. But for those issues, I'd highly recommend this hotel. Be sure to try your luck w priceline!

• Stayed December 2011
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
We are happy that you were pleased with your accommodations during your stay with us. It’s always nice to catch a show and stay at a great hotel downtown. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Hotel was in a great location to Marta. It is great having a nice warm bridge and mall to walk through to get to the subway on cold December nights. We stayed in the radius tower and it was nicely decorated. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest though. I liked the provided toothpaste but provided shampoo and conditioner was horrible- don't bother using it. The mattress was very uncomfortable! It was the cheapest, most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. You would think a 4 star hotel would have a better mattress. I guess I'm just spoiled by the heavenly bed at The Westin.

FL
Reviewed December 5, 2011

arrived at midnight atl time. valet told me i would have to park my car myself as they were closed (full). i had to walk a couple of block to park my car. didnt feel very safe. was approached twice by homeless folks. Ran into a "lady of the night". interesting so far...
room was on 8th floor corner room. no problem- nice enough room. the mattresses needed replacing, creeked whenever i would move and i weigh 115 lbs. the real problem started @ 715am to the sound of " check, check,...check 1,2,3" over and over and then rockin' around the christmas tree repeatedly until i finally decided i couldnt take it any longer and went downstairs @ 9am. i was not told there was a parade . common sense would tell the hyatt not to place guests ( particularly those who arrive @ midnight) directly over a parade route and not even tell the guests. this was unacceptable! i even videoded the ongoing practicing of the routine and loudness to email to hyatt.

1 Thank gulfcoaster
HyattAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that transpired during your stay. It seems that not having a parking space available would be a very frustrating start to your stay. I have also addressed the matter with you not being informed about the parade during the check-in process.

Please be assured that what you experienced is not indicative of the product and service standards that Hyatt Hotels has established for all hotels. Our front desk should have known when checking you in that we should have placed you elsewhere instead of being very close to the noise of the Parade. Did you get enjoy the rest of your stay?

Again, my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. We certainly appreciate the business and if there is anything I can do you can reach me at my contact information in your inbox. Thanks and have a great week.
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2011

listen, great hotel. great staff. the room...... great.

my issue then?? the room made me feel like I was in a board room with Donald trump. seemed to "corporate". the rooms at the Marriott make me feel more like home thats all

as far as walking outside, i'm not intimidated, so I had no problems. I had more of a issue with a American red cross worker questioning my "wanting to help my fellow man" and saying that I don't give enough. I have traveled all over North America to save my fellow man from peril. sometimes sleeping on a sidewalk for a few hours to only go back and work rescue operations. needless to say, the ARC will never receive anything from me again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business