Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
$152
$143
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskatlanta airportupgraded to a suiteshuttle driveran early flightdefinitely stay here againrestaurant staffone night staywaffle housefree shuttlebusiness centergreat customer serviceroom keyenjoyed my staysouthern hospitalityfree breakfastvery nice hotel
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Where do I even begin..I would give it a no-star rating if I could.

- Fire alarm for no reason at midnight of 6/2/13. Apparently, it has happened before. No explanation/announcement of what happened or whatsoever.
- My platinum status is not even acknowledged at the counter, much less a welcome package.
- I was told I still had to pay for $12/day parking as a guest.
- Meal prices are different from what is told. 3x more expensive and when asked, all I got was a 'sorry'.
- They seat you uncomfortably close, right next to each other in an EMPTY restaurant.
- Waitress cleaned the table next to me for a couple and she put the extra cups and plates on mine.
- Waitress literally threw me back my card, without a word as she was unhappy with her tip.
- Front desk sent us to a restaurant which closes on Sundays.
- Housekeeping was called TWICE for extra towels but they never came.
- The room smells like an old toilet.

This is only the first day of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kaleigh L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Kaleigh L,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and for writing us a review. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the service received from our staff and room accommodations being sub standard. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided.

Again, thank you for your review and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will stay here again. I think the breakfast is a little pricey for what you get. The breakfast was like a buffet style, which was nice but the food was a little old like it had been sitting up for a while. If the hotel is going to charge $15 for breakfast it should be cooked to order and real eggs not powdered eggs should be used. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxane A
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spent two months in this hotel for work. I had an amazing time. All employees were very friendly and helpful anytime I needed. After a while they recognized me by my name. All my requests were accomplished. The maids did a great job keeping my room clean and organized. The ladies in the front desk in all of the shifts were incredible. Even being far from home they made me feel like I was in my house. Every time I saw somebody that works in the hotel they acknowledged me and smiled. I highly recommend this hotel. I just have to thank them for everything they had done for me!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am currently on my 6th out of a 7 week stay at the Holiday Inn. I have never felt more welcome at a hotel, and find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone has received less than exemplary service here.
The shuttle service is dependable. It runs smoothly and in a timely manner.
The facilities are impeccable and in great condition.
I have yet to try their restaurant, but I hear from my co-workers that the food is delicious.
The staff is ALWAYS warm and attentive. Everyone I have met will go out of their way to make you feel like a guest in their home.
From Christina and Kristin at the front desk to Juana in room service, I have received nothing but smiles, and genuine service from the heart.
If you are coming to Atlanta, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Spent 2 months in this hotel for a work trip. The service is TERRIBLEEEEE!!!!! The people who work at this hotel must absolutely hate their jobs because they would complain to help you with everything. I really avoided calling down and asking for anything because it would take them 2 hours to deliver just a couple extra towels. The restaurant has decent food but they have yet to ONCE get my order right and every time it is wrong I will ask them to please fix it and they look at me like I have 5 heads and complain "what do you want me to do about it!". The maids barely ever cleaned, they just picked up dirty towels and made the bed. Sometimes sheets were falling off the bed still and the floors were never cleaned, ever. The maids were stealing little things like razors (which are small but expensive) and other cosmetics of mine. I had called the manager several times who has never ever called me back on this issue. Their shuttles are extremely slow and have no reliability at all. If you need to go ANYWHERE even the airport that is 5 mins away you better be down in that lobby 1 hr in advance. The rooms were very nice and newly remolded. The bed is as hard as a rock! I have serious back pain after staying there for 2 months! I really enjoyed the bathroom and shower, probably my favorite part. Everything was nice and new which was nice too. The location is in a very sketchy, poor area. Very close to the airport which is nice but there is nothing in the surrounding area (grocery stores, mall, nothing!) However you can take the Marta at the airport which is convenient to get anywhere. I did not have to pay for my accommodations, my work provided the hotel for me but I know the price per night and it is a pretty good deal. Just don't expect any service whatsoever.

Room Tip: The suites are very large and nice. Not extremely comfortable but are clean and new. Good price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Ash1018,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service received, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J