“Excellent Updated Facility & Service”

Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Ranked #26 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I were very impressed with the quality of stay here at the Atlanta Holiday Inn North (Airport). We volunteered our seats on our flight and AirTran provided us with a night's stay at this location. From the lobby to our room, the design, treatment and decor wowed us. The front desk was professional and efficient, the restaurant/bar area was modern and looked like a NYC establishment, and our room was clean, comfortable and equipped with the most luxurious bedding! Thank you so much for a wonderful, relaxing experience--a true traveling refuge. If you need a place to stay near the airport--this is most definitely it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Near to the airport yet quiet.
Friendly staff, quick transfer to the airport and nice restaurants just in front of the hotel.

Tip: there is a waffle house just in front, so that a good place for an 'american breakfast'...

One excelent choice for travelers...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We hosted a meeting here so I wasn't involved in the selection. But I must say I was very impressed with this hotel, which has undergone a huge renovation. They just re-opened in September of 2012, and the entire hotel is just lovely. The rooms are huge and quiet. But the best surprise was the quality of room service. Generally speaking, I don't have high expectations for room service most of the time, so I play it safe. I ordered a steak, potatoes, and salad--it was perfect. The steak was cooked as I ordered and was flavorful. Potatoes were creamy, salad crisp.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here on easter and the breakfast was great the servers was wonderful, but I didn't think it was right for the young lady to be approached in the manner she was in the lobby with guest around. I think the managers have to be more professional for the sake of business, you never know who's around.

Room Tip: The rooms on north side are more secure. You have to use your key for level access.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank latoshaj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear latoshaj,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. In this regard, we would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you felt our management lacked personality in dealing with guests. Please be assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We used CheapParkFly for off airport parking. The price for this facility was just a little more but they offered a new state of the art secured parking lot. Plenty of lighting, locked gates and fenced in entirely. Bar code in an out, cameras watching the lot. Well someone attempted to break into my truck. The didn't get in but damaged my door and broke the outside locking mechanism. When I went to the desk they were concerned, nice and professional showing genuine concern. But acted like it had never happened before. Mine can't be the only one they tried to get into or the 1st one. I washed my truck the day before we left for ATL and it wasn't like that so I know it happened there. I parked it under a light in the middle of the lot and the door that was damaged was facing the front of the building and the street. According to the pollen and the thin mud layer where I parked there were no other cars near mine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank golfnfire26
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear golfnfire26,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We work hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to provide the best possible service. It is unfortunate that this visit was a disappointment due to the occurrence at parking and level of service received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel to the Atlanta area often on business and it's nice to know that I have a new home base in ATL. This particular Holiday Inn is very impressive from the spacious and modern layout, the helpful and friendly staff (Lola is a great bartender, coming from an ex-bartender!), and sweet amenities including a huge fitness room and iMacs in the business center. I am a Platinum-status Priority Club member and this is one of the best HIs I have ever booked. Did I mention the rate was great, too?? A+ experience.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on either end of a two week trip. It was superb both times. The rooms were a good size and so clean! The beds were very comfortable - I had 2 good nights of sleep. We've tried several airport hotels, and this was by far the best and at a very reasonable price. I always have trouble getting to sleep with the airplane noise - I asked for a room away from the noise and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for me to get to sleep.
Great staff, good shuttle service, will always stay here if I'm back in Atlanta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!