“Krispy Kremes!”
Review of The Highland Inn

The Highland Inn
Ranked #97 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 29, 2006

Just got back from my trip to Atlanta. I didn't know what to expect from The Highland Inn, but I was pleasantly surprised. The location was extremely convenient to Emory (I was attending Homecoming Weekend) as well as Buckhead and downtown Atlanta. The staff was low-key and friendly. My room was more than adequate, although the lighting in the bathroom and the water pressure in the shower could have been better. The free breakfast included pastries, bagels, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, juice, coffee & tea. On Sunday morning, they even had Krispy Kreme donuts. And they only charge 75 cents for the soda machine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Su2116

Reviewed August 15, 2006

My husband and I have decided that we like chain hotels, so read this review with that in mind. The Highland Inn was quaint and very clean. It has small rooms that are very old but if you are looking for something unique, you will love it. The bed was old and the amenities are nothing of a modern hotel chain, they are very basic. The lobby is small and VERY hot. They have wireless internet but you have to sit in the lobby to use it. We probably wouldn't stay there again, but I know there are a lot of people out there who would love it. Next door there were restaurants that seemed to be very popular and alway busy. The best part of our stay was the price is affordable and nothing else in downtown Atlanta is as economic as the Highland Inn.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alishadawn33
Reviewed June 18, 2006

If you want luxury or the generic McHotel experience, don't stay here. If you would enjoy a quirky but functional value, this is a great place to stay. An old building, but a well cared for property. Small room and tiny bathroom (ample shower) but clean and comfortable. Easy walk to a wonderful variety of food and beverage establishments. Considering the location, it's a bargain. Staff was friendly and helpful with information and directions. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 27, 2006

Loved the location of this hotel; great little bohemian neighborhood, shopping and restaurants. The room was adequate and quaint, a little loud from the street and restaurant noise but not overwhelming. We had to run the air conditioning unit pretty much non-stop. Room was clean and all amenities functioned properly. The bathroom was strangely situated, what with the stool facing the shower stall just inches away and located basically smack in the middle of the bath closet (it was not really a room). The staff were very nice, not very knowledgable about the area but helpful nonetheless. Continental breakfast not great, but there are plenty of other places to go to eat nearby. My partner & I love to stay at out of the way places like this and found the Highland Inn an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Chillymama777
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2006

I stayed here for a conference and needed something cost effective. The price was much better than what I had been finding but the rating wasn't as high as the others. I will start off by saying that THE ROOMS ARE REALLY SMALL, but I didn't take the vacation to stay in my room so that did not bother me. It's like a dorm room with a small bathroom. It only has a standing shower and a sink and toilet. The room isn't much but it was reasonably clean and that was my only concern. The staff was VERY nice and I appreciated them. The complimentary breakfast wasn't much but cereal, store bought sweet rolls, and fruit, but again I wasn't there for the breakfast. There is a nice bistro next door and ice cream shops. There is a great 24 hour diner that I would suggest that is around the corner called The Majestic, everything was good. I encourage anyone who isn't picky about their hotel and don't need a mint on the pillow but a cheap place to lay your head, this place is cute and clean and will work. You can request a room with a microwave, fridge, and an iron. It comes with cable TV and you control your A/C. I would NOT suggest a family vacation here or a romantic getaway where you would spend a lot of time in the room. It's NOT fancy but it works.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 1, 2006

We had high hopes for this hotel, having stayed in many nice European hotels. But all of those hotels had functioning outlets, working heating and air conditioning, beds parallel to the floor, and reliable staff. The Highland Inn had none of those things and should not use the word "European" to describe itself. The staff was indifferent to our complaints that the outlets did not work, the bed was on a 45 degree angle to the floor, and the radiators blasted so much heat (and could not be turned off) that we were forced to run the air conditioner all night. "Awful" would be more appropriate.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank sheilakob
Reviewed March 5, 2006

I stayed in Atlanta at the Inn 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine with me. Perhaps I am easier to please than most people are. I read the past reviews before I booked and noticed all whining. So, I went on their website, (which is pretty cool by the way) and noticed that they do not hide the fact that the place is an older building and that it is a budget Inn. These people who wrote the past reviews need to do their homework before they tear a place up. Some people, like myself like to stay at off-beat places. I thought that the location was fantastic, the rooms just like their website said were funky, I was 7 blocks from my concert, and I got to have some pretty great sushi down the block.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank Sierra M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Midtown
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#17 of 172 in Atlanta
Inn at the Peachtrees
#102 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to The Highland Inn? Share your experiences!