“Okay~Good Location~Cheap~”

Ranked #99 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Okay~Good Location~Cheap~”
Reviewed April 3, 2005

It could be a beautiful hotel. It's old & charming ~ I was impressed with the exterior & the main floor was nice.

It's *very* cheap compared to other hotels in Atlanta. Right in the middle of Little 5 Points ~ near downtown...VERY good location. Lots of nice people in that neighborhood ~ Pet Friendly with a dog walker ~ hotel staff very nice & helpful.

It's an older, charming building but could really use some remodeling. I'm not even that concerned with the modernization of it ~ but the phone jack was torn out from the wall~ the furnace would not turn off~ no tub, shower only & the shower head fell off when I was in it. Very small, teeny tiny bathroom~small room.

It's definetly not the nicest place I have stayed it BUT for the price, location & friendly staff, we will be staying again. I've read reviews that the rooms were dirty, ours was very clean.

I would recommend for someone who wants to be close to everything but doesn't want to spend a ton of money. In a nice (and seemingly safe) neighborhood with lots to do within walking distance.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed February 24, 2005

We have stayed at the Highland many times over the last few years; our recent stays have led us to choose another hotel when in Atlanta. We love the location - the only reason we continued to visit the Highland at all- but even the location can no longer make up for the condition of the rooms and building. We always appreciated that the Highland is an older building and we never really minded that the carpet was a bit bare or that the pipes bang for awhile when the heat is first turned on, but what was once a charming Euro-style hotel has just become run down and unviting. On a previous visit, some sort of "critter" was sharing the bed with us and woke us up at 4am by running across our arms. Our last visit was spent in a room with a bed that sloped so extremely on one side that my husband spent the entire night rolled against the wall. Staff seems less than concerned, but I'm not sure that that could have done much about it anyway; I have to assume that the entire place is in a similar state.

We have missed the stays that we enjoyed at the Highland in previous years, but I'm afraid that we won't be returning any time soon.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank oimtess

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed March 21, 2004

Based on the other review I went to check out the Highland Inn for a possible ten day stay. It is awful!Positives: - Good location in the trendy, alternative Poncey Highlands Midtown area and near many restaurants & shops - Cheap, weekly rates start at $150 for their smallest rooms, breakfast snack apparently included - Parking is provided free - The building has charm and potentialNegatives - It did not seem clean - Rooms are indeed 'uniquely decorated' - if you like the 'dingy look' - Old bathrooms - The smallest and cheapest rooms are tiny and even their 'best' rooms are fairly small & awkwardAll in all, I would not stay there for free! It might be an option for people on a really tight budget who don't mind low quality accommodation and are looking for a central location in Atlanta.Personally, I would love to see someone buy this place, invest some money and trun into a cute boutique hotel, it has the potential...I ended up in the new Super 8 Motel (----------) in Midtown which has large clean rooms in a good location (between Midtown and Buckhead) and was not much more expensive (weekly rates from $250).

10 Thank StyleTraveller
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 16, 2002

I had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at The Highland Inn. The room was uniquely decorated, the service was good, and it was conviently located within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and bars.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member