“The Highland Inn”
Review of The Highland Inn

Ranked #97 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A nice "old timey", somewhat creepy hotel in a great location. Within reasonable walking distance of many great Atlanta attractions and restaurants, When we stayed, I did explore the hallways of this hotel and there were some areas under construction but it just added to it's atmosphere and style. All of the fixtures and locks are ancient but very similar and even better than a lot of the "boutique" style hotels I've stayed in across Western Europe. It also reminded me of older apartment buildings I have stayed in around New York City. We both enjoyed our stay here and would (and want to) stay here again,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrPoopadoopolis
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Wow! Thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate you and your feedback. Please come back for a visit soon, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This inn needs some serious renovations. Our sink was not in the bathroom, when you sat on the toilet your feet were in the shower, indoor/outdoor carpet. On the upside, hotel seemed clean and the staff was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. Had we known that you were unhappy we could have moved you to a larger room. All of our rooms are different here and in the future, please let the front desk staff know so we can make your stay the best it can be. We appreciate you mentioning our wonderful staff and the excellent job our housekeepers do, I'll be sure to share your kind words.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Highland Inn, and enjoyed every minute. The hotel has a fun and funky feel and an amazing staff. The staff had great recommendations on things to do in the immediate area and Little Five Points. Way better than a cookie cutter chain hotel. My only disappointment was not being able to go have my coffee or a glass of wine and read on the interior patio. I will definately stay here again and recommend it to my friends who want a unique experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Erin R
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Erin,

Thank you for your review and for mentioning our wonderful staff, I will be sure to share your praise with them. We appreciate you recognizing that we are different in a good way and for mentioning our wonderful surrounding area.

Please come back and enjoy that cup of coffee or glass of wine anytime, we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This 1920s "boutique" hotel is such a relief from the sameness of the chains. My husband and I spied it on a walk in the Poncey/Highlands neighborhood and jumped at the chance to book a room there rather than stay with our son another night! We had a very simple room but it was comfortable and clean with a definitely old-world feel. Next visit I will probably spring for a slightly bigger room. The continental breakfast was really barebones, but I wasn't even expecting it to be offered. The neighborhood is chock-full of dining and shopping opportunities. The cafe next door is a fun and friendly experience especially for drinks on the streetside patio. Overall highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissBetsy

Miss Betsy,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for all of your kind words, I'll be sure to share with the rest of the team. We are happy that you stumbled upon us and we hope you will stay again very soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Highland Inn was delightful! Don't expect fancy, expect to step back in time a little bit....and use an actual room key! Charming staff, real coffee mugs at breakfast, great location! Cozy, quaint, walking distance to shops, good food, and cupcakes!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alison b

Alison,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are intent on walking into a hotel and not being able to tell it apart from every other hotel you have ever stayed in, the Highland is not the place for you. It's not particularly pretty, but it's an amazing value in the heart of everything--and most importantly, it's comfortable. It has more of a feel of a very, very big bed and breakfast. On that subject, the breakfast is very satisfying. The place is worth exploring. I also have to wholeheartedly endorse the restaurant next door. it's wonderful. Someone in a previous review complained about the parking; I didn't see a problem with it. The only downsides I encountered...the hot water seems to run out early and the lights tended to flicker some. It ain't the Ritz, and that's the charm to it. If I make it back to Atlanta, the Highland would be the first place I'd think of booking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and it pleases us that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to see again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As this was my first time staying in Atlanta, I did a TON of research before I chose a place to stay. I have several hotels close to the area I wanted to be in, but the reviews honesly scared me to the point that I almost didn't even want to go anymore. I came across the Highland Inn, and decided to give them a call to ask about the neighborhood. The lady who answered was extremely nice and answered all of my questions very patiently. I also do a google street view of the Inn, and decided this was the place for us. I am SO glad of my choice. The Highland Inn is an older building, but very nice! It has such great character! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had no trouble sleeping what so ever. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the stores next door (there's also a cafe, but we didn't get to test it out, it's on our list for next time!) You HAVE to stop by the American Cupcake Factory for sure! And Manuel's Tavern, which is in walking distance down the street, has SO much history. My boyfriend and I went there for desserts and drinks. Hope I'm not rambling, but I am very impressed with my stay. I absolutely fell in love with Atlanta, and the Highland Inn!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda C
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Ramble away, Melinda! It's so wonderful to hear what a great time you had at the Highland Inn and surrounding area. We would love to have you back anytime! Thank you so much for your review, I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team.