“Excellent value for money”
Review of The Highland Inn

Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked the Highlands Inn based on its positive tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. Although the hotel is an older property, the room was cleaned and well furnished. There was breakfast included consisting of bagels, cereals, muffins plus coffee and juice. The only slight negative was that the breakfast items could have been relenished more often as some did run out. The location was good with bars and restaurants nearby and felt perfectly safe to walk around. It is only a short drive to downtown Atlanta where we parked in the Pemberton Place garage for $10 for the day. We booked using hotels.com and paid £35 (around $50) per room per night which was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks, which I will be sure to share with our staff. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in Atlanta!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The people above me woke me up 4:30 in the morning . They were loud I couldn't sleep. I call the front desk to see if they could call the room and thy don't the number. I didn't sleep till the sun came up.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Cynthia,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely regret the disturbance during your stay. Maintaining a quiet and sleep-conducive environment on guest floors is one of our top priorities. I will discuss our noise policy with the front desk and how this could have been handled to avoid further disturbances to you.

If there is anything I can do to compensate you for this unfortunate incident, please contact me directly to discuss. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Best,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked at hotels.com for a quick overnight trip for our nephew's graduation. The inn touted itself as a European boutique hotel, but it's really a step up from a hostel. Bare bones. We paid half the fee charged on their website for a double room. Double means just that: double beds. When I called to confirm the day before our trip, I got no answer, so I emailed. The reply from the front desk staff was condescending and rude, and immediately I regretted booking at the Highland Inn. I then discovered that others have complained (if you want link, let me know). It was too late to cancel, so I arrived with trepidation. The room was spartan, the shower was awful, the a/c window units were not very effective, the carpet was old, the fridge was banged up, and the breakfast was paltry. However, the neighborhood was cute (my local relative said it was not that "good" but I couldn't tell from our brief stay) and it's close to historic midtown (2 miles). The management never contacted me re the rude reception, and my final recommendation is to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: away from next-door bar noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adventure M
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that you did not have a positive experience with us. Currently, we are replacing the window units throughout the hotel with individual heating/cooling units, however, if your unit was not working efficiently we would have been happy to move you and the same goes for the shower. Any time you are not happy with anything during your stay, we are more than happy to help.

Upon further investigation, I am having trouble locating the email you spoke of, and it certainly is not in keeping with how we treat our guests. We urge you to contact us directly to discuss. We strive to make our guests stay the best it can be and would be more than happy to address this situation with our staff.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at this charming hotel for a few days a year ago and will be staying there again next week. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else now! The staff are super helpful and friendly. The building is old and quaint, reminiscent of hotels in Europe. This is not a chain hotel, so don't expect the sterile surroundings of a Holiday Inn etc.! The location is great too! You can walk to restaurants, stores and a park after you enjoy breakfast! Oh, and there is a very friendly resident cat who likes to hang out at the front desk and in the lounge!

Room Tip: Ask to be placed at the back of the hotel far from the noise if there is a function scheduled.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the staff and crew. It makes us happy hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will get the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a great time at the Highland in Atlanta, with a few minor issues. The shower was really bad when it came to temp management, but this may have just been our room. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful! They were great. If you stay there you have two areas in walking distant's for good restaurants or shops.I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear about your issues with the water temperature. I will alert our maintenance staff of this issue.

I will also be sure to share your kind words with our staff, they work very hard to make sure that our guests are happy, thank you for noticing. Please come back to stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta, we would love to have you!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I must say I was impressed by this hotel, the outside is very nice, its in a really good location next door to cafes, and small boutique stores, very artsy I loved the area very much. this is no corp. hotel, its very old school( but modern), they still use keys I love it lol. free wifi, cable, and wonderful staff. I have nothing bad to say about this place, I would stay here again no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiffany H

Wow! Thank you for your 5-star review. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with potential guests and for the kind words about our location and staff! Please stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed only for one night in this quaint inn. It's right next door to Cafe 360 and I was able to have a business dinner there, fabulous food and service and then walk about 50 steps to my room. Old hotel for sure but I like that kind of thing. Had everything I needed, even a blowdryer and breakfast included!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Boutiquelover

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the cafe next door. It would be our pleasure to have you back again!