“Brand names mean something!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #80 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Brand names mean something!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been staying at Hampton's for about 6 years now. Generally, with the exception of major markets (Miami, Vegas, NY), it is the best brand Hilton offers in my opinion. With that being said I have very high expectations, especially traveling to a nice area like Buckhead which has prime location.

Though I was not impressed by this site (no hot water, housekeeping did very subpar job on my room) I was VERY IMPRESSED with the customer service. The front desk agent Emily should definitely be in a MIT program as she handled my unsatisfied experience with professionalism and hospitality.

I will visit the Buckhead location again on my future trips (recreational and business) as I feel like they have a "put the customer first" attitude and I believe that they will do what they can to make sure your stay is nothing short of what the Hampton/Hilton brand promises its customers. Way to go Emily!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MileHighKlub
Delores B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments in reference to your stay with us. We will speak with the housekeeping department in reference to them not meeting up to your expectations. Unfortunately, the hotel did experience a plumbing issue which resulted in no hot water. Please understand that there was nothing the staff could have done to predict and/or prevent the hot water outage. We did everything in our power to make our guests comfortable.
Thank you for your comments; Emily truly is an awesome employee. I have placed in the MIT program and she was very grateful to read your survey. Thank you again we will see you the next time you visit the Atlanta area.
Safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was a very nice stay for me and my wife. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentaty breakfast was also nice and enjoyable. The place was clean. There were many things of intrest within walking distance. There was a grocery store, restaurants, CVS, and other shops that my wife enjoyed. I would recomment this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dennis G
Delores B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We are glad to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our team. Please know that whenever you visit the Atlanta area you always have family @ Hampton Inn Atlanta Buckhead.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'm late posting this, but travelers need to be aware of a security issue. Maybe it has been corrected since our stay in March 2013. We arrived near 11PM on Friday night. The security guard was in the lobby. The desk clerk mentioned that we would "have to park in the garage". Garage was beneath the hotel and was clean and well lit, but had no security cameras or access control. When I returned to the garage the next morning, I found my car and numerous others had been broken into and burglarized overnight. Another guest had summoned the police.

When I reported it to the front desk, they quickly stated that they were not responsible. Their response seemed well practiced, and they did not want any information from me. They did not ask my name or room number. They did offer to contact the police.

It appeared that the thieves were able to take their time, they went through my car thoroughly, picking and choosing what to take. The hotel layout is such that access could be secured easily. At a minimum hotel management/security was very complacent. It appeared that the security staff may have even been complicit in the thefts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Donald M
Thank you for your comments in reference to your visit March 2013. I am sorry to hear that there was a break in during the time of your visit. There have been many changes at the hotel since March 2013, the entire front desk staff; management and security company are brand new.

It is our goal to insure our guests and team members are safe at all times. Our team is proactive and reactive when issues occur and we are committed to the guest experience because we sincerely care about our guests. Due to the incident being over a year ago it would be difficult for me to provide further assistance. However if you determine that there is something I can do to assist please contact me @ delores.brown@hilton.com.
Thank you again for sharing your comments. Have a wonderful week.
Atlanta Buckhead, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I felt the room too small for the queen beds and it had no closet but rather a piece of furniture to hang clothes within causing the room to be even smaller for movement. Pillows were all soft without mix of firmness normally expected .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Thomas S
We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the size of the room and limited closet space. We are an older Hampton which was renovated November 2012. We cannot change the age of the building so we do our best to insure the hotel is clean, well maintained and that our team is committed to insuring our guests have an enjoyable experience. We hope that you will consider another Hilton property should you visit the Atlanta area in the future. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights during the second Atlanta snow storm. The hot breakfast was great with juice, waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, cereals, etc. The staff could not have been more accommodating or helpful. One day none of the restaurants in the area were open and the housekeeping staff was short (all not normal and due to the snow/ice we were having), so they fixed a hot dinner with chicken, fish, and even wine. The room had a large bathroom with a fridge and microwave as well as a coffee maker, flat screen and free local calls. My only issue was with housekeeping. When I got to the room before the storm had even started I dropped my room and when I lifted the bed skirt there was one of those plastic wrist lace up braces and a tube of lipstick. That did not bolster my confidence that the rug had been vacuumed thoroughly, Since there was a storm on the way I knew there would not be another room available, I just wore a pair of heavy socks whenever I was on the rug, Some of my co-workers did not have the fridge or microwave, so you would need to ask for that if it's important. The hotel location is fabulous - next door to a Kroger's and across the street from the Tower Place complex with a theater and restaurants. A short walk puts you near a Marta bus and 1 mile (or so) would actually put you at the Buckhead MARTA rail station.
Since I am sure that the room issued will be resolved, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again
Oh, and someone at the hotel made an awesome snowman!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge or microwave you will need to ask for that room type as not all of the rooms ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Twywn
Delores B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Glad you made it home safe after the storm and thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the dinner and sorry to hear that your room was unsanitary. I had the pleasure of interacting with you during your visit and would have personally cleaned your room to insure you felt comfortable. Please email me @ delores.brown@hilton.com and let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Thanks again for your comments. I look forward to your response.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel was located in the prime area of Buckhead. Dee at the front desk was outstanding! She always had a smile on her face everytime I saw her. The lady who worked breakfast over the weekend was also very professional and friendly. The room was clean and the hotel was nice. If your looking for a place to stay, stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments in reference to your stay with us. I agree with you Ms. Dee is truly amazing. It is a joy to work with individuals that share the same mission and vision for service as I do.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you the next time you visit the Atlanta Area.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Checked into this hotel only hours before Atlanta came to a standstill with an ice and snow event that crippled the city for days, so my rating of the hotel will focus around the staff and how they responed during the storm.
They were a dedicated group of folks who did whatever they could to keep people comfortable during the crisis. The staff stayed at the hotel for days without going home. We were more or less stranded there until things cleared up (about 3 days)
Since there was no housekeeping staff, the front desk folks were folding towels for us in the laundry room!
They were extemely accommodating and helpful. I was most impressed.
As for the hotel itself, it was comfortable. There isn't much counter space in the bathrooms, but that seems typical of most Hampton Inns. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioner units were quiet. The rooms are a little cramped for 2 people, but adequate.
Thank you to all the staff who made a great effort to keep everyone happy during the storm.

Room Tip: Change your travel plans far away from Atlanta if there is snow in the forecast. The city is not eq...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments; it literally brought tears to my eyes. I am grateful I have an opportunity to work with a team that is committed and dedicated to our guests. Thank you and ALL of our guests for understanding that we were unable to provide the services and amenities you expect due to being short staffed because of the storm. We truly enjoyed our time with our guests. It was nice to see the acts of kindness shown for one another in a time of crisis; People truly caring about people. It warmed our hearts. We made the most of it and enjoyed every minute of it. I am glad I was able to be a part of the experience. A good captain goes down with the ship so I would not have it any other way then to be here supporting our team and taking care of our guests. Again we appreciate your comments and understanding.