“Hampton in Buckhead”

Ranked #71 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Vestavia Hills, United States
“Hampton in Buckhead”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a good hotel if you are traveling for events or activities being held outside of the hotel. The location is convenient. However there are not many amenities and it is an old hotel. You can smell the age in the corridors and in the elevators

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Delores_Brown7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our building is one of the first 100 Hamptons built, we completed a renovation November 2012. We make every effort to keep our building clean and in good condition. We implemented a quarterly carpet cleaning in order to keep our public areas fresh and clean.

We invite you back to share our history and experience our service culture. Our team is dedicated to insure our guests are 100% satisfied. Please keep in mind that there is a manager on duty 24 hours a day to address any concerns you may have during your stay.

We hope that you will allow us an opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Safe travels :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great location-close to shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Warm, friendly staff. Modern, chic decor from the lobby to the bedrooms. Loved the way the hotel incorporated Atlanta's/Georgia's history in the room number plates. Great value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cameron D D, Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we are very appreciative. We were also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are a valued guest and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Atlanta area
Toledo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for the Final Four and found it very convenient to access the MARTA by using my feet. I had zero interest in driving downtown or around town on this weekend given the usual traffic situation in Atlanta combined with the traffic in town to watch hoops.

The exterior of the hotel has the look of a Hampton Inn of old, but the rooms are renovated. I was disappointed they didn't seem to acknowledge my brother's HHonors Diamond status when I checked in for him on our rooms as he arrived later in the day. No gift bag or offer of a room upgrade (I am not entirely sure if the later is possible given that it is a Hampton Inn... which is fine).

This location features a fine internet connection if you must upload large files back to the office.

There is an LA Fitness a short walk across the Kroger parking lot next to the hotel. The front desk said they have a deal with LA Fitness for a fee (I think they said $5-$10). When I went to the gym I was prepared to pay and the person at the gym said they only have an agreement with the DoubleTree. Now I am an LA Fitness member at home so I showed the employee my card and she let me in free for the day. I then did this for three of the next four days and received free admission into the gym each day even though my membership doesn't allow for access outside of my home market. I may have also caught a break due to a different employee working the desk each morning.

While I am a sushi fan, the place across the street from the Hampton Inn looks promising, but Yelp suggests otherwise. We checked out the sushi place in the strip mall by Kroger and it was decent. The hamburger place across the street from the Hampton Inn (no, NOT Twin Peaks) that features free range burgers/chicken is VERY good. They also sell beer.

Even though Atlanta is warm to HOT most of the year, don't expect the pool at the hotel to be open before Memorial Day. This was slightly surprising given that a) Atlanta is hot in April and b) it would have served the hotel to open the pool since basically everyone staying at the hotel was in town for the Final Four and half of the teams were from the north... so people are leaving the "cold." The pool is an average size for a Hampton Inn.

Given the amount of humans in Atlanta for the Final Four and many of them staying in Buckhead, I was happy with our location and we received a VERY good rate... many months in advance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our stay at this Hampton Inn was enjoyable. The staff was very courteous and friendly. They provided excellent customer service. We loved the location as it was convenient for shopping and dining at great restaurants. We would recommend this hotel to friends and acquaintances.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Nashville, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived and throughout coming and going during our stay every one of the staff here were friendly and helpful. They showed great customer service and that goes a long way! Even though the hotel is dated in some ammenities they have updated most and it was very clean and quiet.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed our property and most importantly our team. The team was so excited to hear your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Have a great day!
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Always have a good experience at Hampton Inn's. The location of this hotel is in the middle of Buckhead with good restaurants and shopping nearby. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and adequate. Will stay here again in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Have a great day!
Manassas, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel each year around Independence Day as I visit to race the Peachtree Road Race. It is very conveniently located and very reasonably priced and I can get credit for a HiltonHHonors stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple