“Quality not as high as we normally experience with Hampton Inns.”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #71 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Cookeville, TN
“Quality not as high as we normally experience with Hampton Inns.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The second week of October we decided to go to spend a few days in Atlanta and go to Scotts Antique Auction. We searched for a nice, economical and safe place to stay in Atlanta. Everything indicated Buckhead was one of the nicer areas, and we were willing to pay more to stay in that area. We called ahead for directions and the told my husband we could get there from 75. Well we could but she took us 45 minutes out of the way. Tired when we arrived, we were less than impressed with our room.

This was't the worst place I have been, but the coverlet on the bed looked sad, for lack of a better word. The big lumps were visible and it needed to be thrown away. It had been washed one too many times. The bed itself wasn't comfortable either. If you were in the middle, the bed didn't sag, but if you moved to either side, your body would sag four or five inches. It is definitely time for them to replace mattresses.

The bathroom was tiny and the vanity was the smallest I have seen in a hotel room. We barely had room to turn around. The staff downstairs was friendly and breakfast was nice, but didn't make up for the other disappointments. Being unfamiliar with the area, we didn't realize there were only one or two restaurants within walking distance and that was the biggest disappointment for us. The only two that were close enough to walk to was a Mexican and a German restaurant. Next trip to Atlanta, we will stay somewhere other than Buckhead. I think that area is more suited to the people who live there instead of visitors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralHManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Greetings Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. I truly believe that feedback is the breakfast of champions and the concerns you have noted that may be addressed operationally will be to prevent future occurrences. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we promise to make it right because we love having you as our guests.

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
Pendleton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here one night while attending the PGA Tour Championship. This is a great location in Atlanta. Rooms are clean, friendly staff and restaurants within walking distance. The free parking at this hotel is a plus because most others in the area charge a fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralHManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Greetings:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your most recent visit to our hotel. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and I am thrilled we were able to met your expectations. We love having you as our guest!
Scottsdale AZ
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights during the month of July and not being familiar with Atlanta was happy, as I'm one to spend a lot of time doing research, that the hotel was well located for where I was going to be attending a seminar that week. The hotel location is conveniently located near an outdoor mall with a grocery store and Starbucks. Across the street there was a brand new Twin Peaks restaurant (I say this because some parents may have an issue with this, though it is more discrete then a Hooters and something I had not known of living on the West Coast). That being said no issues with my room, the location or staff other than when I initially arrived at the airport with a delay and asked if they had a shuttle service. They indeed and suggested I take the subway system to be picked up (not an issue for me) but failed to let me know that the shuttle service ends at 10pm. This posed a major problem as the hotel is not far from the Buckhead station but I happened to arrive on one of the nights were a huge thunderstorm was in town and I had to proceed and walk about 10 minutes soaked in the rain with lightning. The hotel is really in the heart of the business center but no taxis were to be found. I was definitely upset about that and made sure to mention it but obviously there was not much for them to do but apologize. The rest of my stay after that was pleasant and I would recommend and reconsider staying there should I visit the Buckhead area again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Belgotraveler
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I, along with 5 other couples went to Atlanta for a college football game. We booked our rooms at the Hampton Inn months in advance of our trip. When we checked in three of the five rooms were wrong! My husband and I had booked a king room...we were given a room with a double bed!! We returned to the front desk get it switched only to find out that there were no king rooms avaliable! When we asked why we did not receive the room we had booked the lady said that when people arrive to check in they just like to get people in a room quickly and just give them what is open, not necessarily what they booked! Unbelievable! While unhappy with this we decided to make the best and just deal with the smaller bed. However while checking out we discovered we had been charged the king room rate! At least they were able to fix that mistake!
While the breakfast is great, the hotel was so overbooked the weekend we were there that it ws almost impossible to get in this tiny room where the food is...and equally impossible to find a seat once you had your food!
The hotel way overbooked themselves and in doing so made a poor impression on its customers. We will not choose to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We came down for a Girls Getaway weekend, & had a blast! The hotel is very nice! The bathroom was quaint, but cute. Not a big problem to me since I planned on being out exploring all of the sights and attractions around. The hotel is near everything, so that is a great convenience!! We went across the street to this place that is called The Fork & Screen! If you stay here you have to check it out. You get to watch a movie in a movie theater setting, and also be waited on by a waiter. Yes, all this is in the room you watch your movie in! I will definitely be back with my hubby, and then another trip with my kids! Also, the breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sade0580
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Location:
A bit dicey to drive into (and you will likely be driving, it is Atlanta!) but once you're in, it is pleasant. covered garage and outdoor parking are good. The Buckhead location is close to a new grouoing of restaurants, some shopping and a Starbucks next door and two major malls within short drive or shuttle trip. Note, the Lenox Marta station is only 1 mile away.

First impressions:
The hotel has recently done a major makeover to the lobby and rooms. Nice, modern design that is comfortable. The lobby doubles as the breakfast room in the morning.

Rooms:
Basic size but new color scheme, carpeting, TV have given the place a good feel. Some of the furniture is the same but looks newer with the renovation. Comfortable bed, comfy chair an free wifi...that works!

Bathroom:
Decent size, the corner sink can seem daunting but typical of many Hamptons. Fortunately, the shelves below the sink let you stash the coffee maker and extra stuff that clutter the countertop.
Water, okay, tubs show a little wear.

Extras:
The breakfast is nice and sometimes features Southern specialties. (biscuits and gravy, anyone?) It is space is newly designed as a cozy kitchen...a little too cozy when it's busy. There is barely room to turn around, particularly risky with plates of food, drinks, etc. There are fixes: •move the trash can just outside the door to stop that gridlock
•move all beverages to a beverage center, the coffee is already there
•put the flatware and napkins out of this space

Warnings and plusses:
•driving in and out of the entrance is not for the faint of heart. Traffic is brutal in the morning and afternoon, proceed with extreme caution
•the location is close to RT 400, very convenient
•also close to Phipps Plaza and Lenox Mall
•new eateries have opened across the street and up the block, a convenient addition to the area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarkWorld
Santa Rita,GUAM
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in mid June 2012. We had a room on the fourth floor. The room was clean spacious and the bath came with toiletries and was clean and well stocked with towels. The shower temperature was difficult to adjust to our liking but overall, we had a nice stay here. The breakfast was adequate, though the staff doing the prep seemed to be unhappy with the task.

Room Tip: Our room was in the corner nearest Piedmont but was still peaceful