“Great Place - As Long as the power stays on!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #22 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, United States
“Great Place - As Long as the power stays on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Outside of the power outage this is always a great place to stay. Our family has enjoyed staying at the Hampton for sometime. We always try to book it no matter what area of the country we travel to. The staff is always helpful.

1 Thank Ernest J
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Power outages are rare, brief and unfortunately out of our control. But they are an inconvenience. Thank you for bearing with us. Stop back soon - and we will keep the lights on for you. PB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was well located for our needs. It was our firsttriop to Atlantaand we wanted to see some of the sights. We were able to see what wewanted,restaurants were close by...and the breakfast was very good. Parking is not a problem and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: If possible stay on the top floor, there is less, but still some, street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alvinandjune
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Welcome to Atlanta. I hope you visit our fair city again and often. When you come back, let us know you prefer the fifth floor and we will make sure to reserve you a room "up top". We have suites as well as standard guest rooms on the fifth floor. I don't know if you are a member of Hilton Honors, but we can sometimes upgrade our Honors guests to one of the suites. PB.
Mason, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

You can tell this is an older hotel, recently remodeled (paint smell was obvious and we could see carpet being replaced in the hall). It's located in a what seems to be a business district, near/behind a mall. Rooms are not "quiet", as we were situated near the elevators and could hear every conversation, and every "beep" of the arriving elevator. Each time a person on the floor opened and closed their room door, we could hear and almost feel the "slam" of that door. Breakfast bar was good, but the area is one that could very easily get and feel crowded as the seating is in close quarters. The beds in the rooms, honestly,.......were terrible. Lumpy mattresses, and both our bed as well as our daughters creaked and squeaked (195 lb, 130lb, and 80 lb individuals) every time you turned over or moved. Our bed must have been broke, because it tilted to one side when occupied. Several times throughout the night I felt as if I was going to fall out, and my spouse says she kept feeling like she was going to roll down toward me also. The bathrooms were small, there not being any room or place to keep our overnight bag. My daughter found black hair all over her towel. I know that can happen, but that's just gross!

I happened to park my vehicle in a corner area of the lot and it rained heavily overnight. When I went outside to get into my truck, there was standing water up to my ankles preventing me from being able to get into my vehicle with dry feet. Thank goodness we drove my truck, so that I could shuffle down the step rail to get into it. We would choose to stay at another hotel if we ever visited this area again. This one did not seem to meet the standards of the Hampton Inn's that we frequent whenever we travel.

Room Tip: Don't stay near an elevator!
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank FamilyVacationers123
It sounds like everything that could go wrong during your stay did go wrong and I am very sorry you had such a bad experience. I wish you had let us know so we could have moved you to another room and had any problems with your room repaired. We have never had drainage problems in our parking lot before. But I will look into this specifically. PB
Greenfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is GREAT. Aptmosphere, cleanliness, quality of service. Totally Four Star!! Easy access from interstate, and shopping very close by. Hotel staff eminates that southern Georgia appeal. I would happily stay here again. I highly recommend it !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Raymond B
Thank you so much for your review. I particularly appreciate the "southern hospitality" note. We want our guests to feel welcome. PB
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first business trip to ATL so I was unfamiliar with the area and proximity to attractions and facility where meeting would be held. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to ATL for business or leisure. Located close to I-285, local shopping, restaurants, and health care facilities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank China L
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Welcome to Atlanta. I hope this is just the first of many successful business trips to our fair city. PB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is well located off I 285. Room is clean, spacious and neat. Great selection at breakfast. Beautiful pool area and fitness room. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. Great place to stay for less than $100 per nite. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline M
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
It sounds like you travel quite a bit. We are glad you found our hotel and appreciate the feedback from a discerning traveler. We look forward to seeing you again. PB
Absecon, NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Clean, the rooms were great. The breakfast was outstanding. Everything was fresh and nothing ever ran out. The entire hotel was clean, the linens fresh and the room was wonderful. Everything in the Atlanta area was close and available. Shopping, the tourists attractions, etc. were close and easily accessible. I would recommend to anyone that is staying in the Atlanta area to stay at this hotel. The staff was wonderful.

1 Thank Maureen S
Thank you for that wonderful review. Your title "excellent staff" was my favorite part. We have a wonderful team and I'm glad to have your review to share with them. PB