“Consistent Hampton. Renovated. Handy”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dallas
“Consistent Hampton. Renovated. Handy”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just off the Highway, easy to find. This Hampton was a quick place to stop for 1 night. Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast. For the price, I'll stay here again. Nice evening reception, strong WiFi, in room coffee, paper under the door. The location was great for where I was going. You can pay much more and stay closer to downtown or Mid town, but if you need to be on this side of Atlanta, beat the traffic and sleep here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank joelinda
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
We're near the intersection of Interstates 285 and 85 so it's easy to get into the City, and to the northeast suburbs. Stop back and visit us again. Peggy Berg, Owner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I frequently visit from NC because of Georgia's great resteraunts, shopping areas, and the fact it's only a 4 hour drive. Every time I've been, my mother and I have stayed here. Yeah, it's only been 3 times but that says a lot by itself. The rooms are clean, the sofabed and bed are both extremely comfortable. Room 512 is the best! I can never hear the other occupants of the hotel, and breakfast is hot and fresh every morning, and each day they mix it up a little. Every time we come we're greeted with friendly attitudes and some of the employees even remember our names! They offer to help with bags, help you carry breakfast back to your room, the whole nine yards. They cater to your needs. Carson is above all our favorite. Last time, right before we left we even got an "We'll miss you!" I left my shirt last time, and they even offered to send it to NC for me, but I'm already on my way back to Atlanta to visit. Unfortunately, this time my family requested we stay with them... I'm going to miss the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Aja B
I'll tell Carson you noticed. I really like traveling with my children so I'm always happy when families chose us to be their home-away from home in Atlanta. Bring your Mom back soon. Peggy Berg, Owner
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you're okay with the location (it ain't central), then it's a great place for the price. Friendly helpful staff. Pluses include: nice "guest appreciation" hour on some weekdays when you're treated to wine (don't expect a 1996 Rothschild) and snacks, a good complimentary breakfast with a nice seating area, a pool, free parking, clean tasteful rooms, an exercise room and free wifi. Overall a solid Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Glencie
We installed great new exercise equipment a couple of months ago. Look for some new decoration in the exercise room before year-end to go with the new machines. Peggy Berg, Owner.
Kentucky
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our 4th of 5th time here. We have family 'around the corner' and we truly enjoy coming back to this hotel. The lobby and breakfast area has been remodeled. It is beautiful!

The staff is so nice and friendly. The reception from 5 to 7 is top notch. Drinks and hot food. Then the breakfast in the morning is so well done, a lot of variety and again, friendly service from the staff.

The room was clean and well appointed. Very comfortable bed. We were on the fourth floor, king size bed. The only thing we noticed was a stuff smell as you departed the elevator on that floor, but it did not permeate our room.

We sat in the pool area, which was clean and inviting. We just did not use the pool itself.

We will certainly return there on our next family visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dentalhy
Thanks for the compliments on the new lobby. The community table and panels are Zebra Wood and Curly Maple. Hand made and one of a kind. Come visit again soon. Peggy Berg, Owner
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Got a good deal through AAA. Nice location. Nothing super special, but nice, clean and friendly. Breakfast was included but very packed, so I would recommend getting there early! Overall a pleasant experience and one I would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa C
SandraMonsalve, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Lisa,

Thank you Lisa for your review. We are glad that you choose to stay with us and recieved a good rate with our location. Breakfast can get very busy especailly during the 9 and 10am. We hope to see you again soon in the future.

Your Friend at the Hampton Inn

Sandra Monsalve
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recently stayed at this Hampton Inn. The lobby was beautiful and newly renovated. I can describe it as fresh and welcoming! The room was large, comfortable and clean. TV was perfect and internet worked easily!! Thank you! The work desk was perfect for me to "work" and the chair was comfortable. Hallways were bright and clean. Breakfast was delicious and the server was very friendly. Parking was free and was well lit. Outside pool looked fun but didn't have time to use it. I had been told that the lobby area was designed by the Owner and his wife and that the woodwork was done by the Owner. The table and design was a "wow". The staff was always friendly. And I made a couple friends that I enjoyed that always made time to chat a bit. They are so proud of their property! Thanks Jonathan and Nancy!!! The location was easy to get to from the airport. Plenty of places to eat and shop. Convenient to Stone Mountain and downtown Atlanta. Had no problems with the GPS. Would definitely refer and go back! Thank you Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake for a great experience! I'll see you again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WorryFreePhilly
Dear WorryFreePhilly,

We are glad to hear that you had a very good experience in our hotel. We are very please with our hotel and our employees. All of our guest is family to us and we are always happy to see you.

Your Freinds in Atlanta,

Sandra Monsalve and all of the Hampton Inn Staff
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Staff: First of all, whoever has had terrible customer service here did not have the same staff as we did. We had wonderful customer service all weekend! Friendly front desk and breakfast staff... always said hello when entering hotel or making eye contact.

Hotel: Great location-- 15-20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, 15-20 minutes to Stone Mountain, great mall across the street, and close to MARTA station. Air is still not working in the hallway (at least on the 5th floor) which makes the hall very uncomfortable and smelly. We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but both looked very nice.

Rooms: We had requested a non-smoking King bed room, but when we entered our room, it had the smell of a smoking room... as soon as the front desk was notified, they were at our door within 3 minutes with a key to a newer, larger, better smelling room. The second room was wonderful and very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Good sized refrigerator and microwave. Trash cans should be lined with a trash bag.

TV: The TVs were nice, large, flat screen TVs. Several channels did not work and several of them had no sound. We were there to see the city, so it didn't bother us all that much.

Bathrooms: The bathrooms were clean and well stocked. There were, however, several holes in the shower curtain and there was no fan, only a light.

Shuttle: Shuttle is a limo, which was very exciting to us, but the night we planned on using it--we were told you had to give the hotel a 24-hour advance notice to use it. Just a nice little tidbit to know.

Overall, great hotel. Breakfast, price, rooms, staff, and location were perfect for our Atlanta weekend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethanyB615
Dear Bethany,

We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. I am pleased to know that we were able to accomodate your room. Thank you for letting us know of the shower curtain and I will forward this information to the housekeeping supervisor.

The next time that you are in town just ask for Sandra (myself) and I will be glad to take you in the limo.

Until your next visit take care,

Sandra Monsalve