“Dirty Bathrooms”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 22, 2007

The last time I stayed at the Grand Hyatt was almost a year ago and I absolutely loved it! Apparantly it has gone downhill since then.

The first room had not been vacuumed since the last guest and the bathroom was so disgusting I didn't want to take my shoes off. I went down to the front desk to ask to be moved and I had to wait for them to talk to the cleaning staff to verify that the floor was not cleaned. Not quite the customer service I expected.

The next room had a cleaner floor but the bathroom was dirty. the corners of the floor looked worse than a public bathroom, the tub had so much dirt, that it took me a while to clean it out myself, the top of the toilet stool had dirt as well. I could tell that they do not thouroughly clean the rooms. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank OntheRoad_Warriors
Write a ReviewReviews (2,062)

Reviewed July 1, 2007

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for business. It's a very good hotel in a nice part of Atlanta. Lots of shops and restaurants in walking distance (which is unusual for the US! it has to be said). Also very close to a metro stop for access to the city centre. Only negative is that there was a lot of building work taking place nearby - it didn't really affect my star however. Recommended.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank V0yager
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Stayed at Grand Hyatt-Buckhead during a business trip the week of May 8th, 2007. The staff here is professional, courteous, warm & friendly. I have never experienced the kind of treatment I received at this hotel ....anywhere! Kudos to the staff.
The room was very clean and nicely decorated...and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Everything about the stay exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend the Grand Hyatt-Buckhead for business or pleasure travellers. Be prepared to be treated like royalty and have a very comfortable, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Traveler42Portland
Reviewed April 30, 2007

This was the first time using priceline and I was really pleased with getting the Grand Hyatt for $100 when bidding for a four star hotel. I spent an afternoon and evening in Buckhead before catching an early morning flight from ATL

The hotel is very nice, check in and valet parking went smoothly. The room was also good, had a good view of downtown. I thought it was time for new carpet in the room.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank lunabug
Reviewed April 23, 2007

My husband and I chose this hotel for our anniversary weekend. We considered staying at JW Marriott but we are very glad we chose the Grand Hyatt. Upon arrival, the valet attendants were very prompt and friendly. Our bags were quickly retrieved and we were making our way through the beautiful lobby. Andrew greeted us as soon as we arrived at the desk and the check in process was unflawed. He congratulated us on our wedding anniversary (there was a note on our reservation) and informed us that we were being placed in a quiet location on a high floor. What Andrew failed to tell us turned out to be a great surprise! We were placed in a corner suite with a great view of Stone Mountain (did I mention this was an upgrade). In addition, we received a complimentary bottle of wine within 15 minutes of being in the room. This was just the beginning of a wonderful stay.

The entire room was very clean and nicely appointed. Although the wallpaper showed some wear as mentioned in a previous review, it didn't take away from the environment. The bathroom was a good size, we enjoyed the Portica products, and the magnifying mirror on the wall was a nice touch. When we called for extra towels later in the evening, the staff responded with quickness and kindness.

Now the bad….there is no wireless internet; actually internet access is not free. There is a daily charge for service which is ridiculous for a hotel of this standard. The bed was not as comfortable as I would have thought for a Hyatt. It seems as if an ill fitting featherbed was placed on top of the mattress. It is also time for the TV to be updated. Now back to the good…..

After dinner in the Virginia Highland area, we returned to the hotel and decided to spend some time in the Onxy coffee bar. We enjoyed sitting back in comfortable chairs listening to the live soulful sounds of a great singer being accompanied by a guitarist as we enjoyed coffee and dessert looking out onto the Japanese garden. The coffee bar/lounge continued to increase in the number of guests throughout the evening, but the ambience was never compromised. After enjoying the garden from the inside, we took a walk through the garden area from the outside. The garden has such a nice romantic touch which made the evening more pleasant.

Lastly, the Sunday Jazz Brunch in the Cassis restaurant was a great finale to our stay at the Grand Hyatt. You must try the strawberry juice and the grilled scrimp. Travis, the waiter, and the other staff served us with a smile (of course, they should for the price of the brunch). Again, the waterfall was a tranquil backdrop for the meal along with the musical duo from the previous night.

Late checkout was a snap and valet attendants seemed like old friends as they waved us off. Great company, great food, and a great environment made this a lovely weekend. Not only do I love my husband of two years, I also loved the stay at the Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank imsmilng
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Stayed here on a two-night business trip. Got off to a bumpy start. Check-in desk was jammed and way under-staffed. Very disorganized and things didn't seem to be moving at all. Kiosks did not work. When it was FINALLY my turn, was told they did not have any King NS rooms available, even though I'm a Gold member and had reserved weeks in advance. After some haggling, got upgraded to a suite, but took ages to finish process.

Lobby is very nice and chic. Rooms are fine, but nothing special... typical mid-range Hyatt quality. TVs very old. Staff was friendly but not exceptional. Screwed up my wake-up call on first night.

Upon check-out, they had charged me for two gift shop purchases I never made. Had to burn more time at front desk getting them taken off my account.

Bottom line: Decent hotel in great location, but poorly managed and don't expect to be overwhelmed. Also, lots of construction going on around hotel... which was loud all night.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Troy S
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Upon entering the hotel I was surprised at how good the hotel looked; very chic/elegant. The hotel looked new and was well lit. Since I was the only one checking in, I was on my way to my room in 3 minutes. Additionally, the check-in staff was very nice and courteous.

We got a room on the 9th floor with a view of the back of the hotel where the pool and Japanese garden are located. The room was nice too, larger than average, and in great condition. The bathroom was pretty nice too (marble everywhere) and was also larger than average. The toilet is also in a separate area/corner. The bed was excellent of course with an abundance of pillows.

The parking garage (self parking is $15 a day) was close to the side entrance of the hotel, which is where the elevators were located to get to our room. Additionally, the hotel is located in Buckhead, which I thought was a nicer area than downtown Atlanta. Additionally, there are two shopping malls very close to the hotel, Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square.

The only problem I had was that the water coming out of the showerhead and faucet was changing temperature constantly (without doing anything); from cold to very hot and back and forth. In fact, when the water changed to very hot, I was unable to adjust the temperature at all. Other than the water temperature problem, we had an excellent stay here and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007