Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
$460
$417
Cancelon
2,159 results
All reviewszen gardenonyx barself parkingbeautiful hotelwithin walking distancecorner roomrestaurants and shoppingclub levelroom servicemarta stationmile radiusper daybusiness meetingthe room was nicefitness centerfree shuttleenjoyed my stay
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We stayed here for one night while visiting Atlanta for the first time. The area is really nice, with many shops and restaurants nearby. The downtown area is a bit of a drive, and if you're a tourist, renting a car would be your best option. The room was nice. The restaurant, Cassis, had great food. They even stayed open for us past 2 so that we can take lunch up to our room. We went back for Sunday brunch and had the worst waiter in the, Travis. The brunch itself is ok, not a buffet, but would have definitely been better had he not been our waiter. We asked for a different waiter, and got Timothy, who is by far the best person in that restaurant. Overall, good hotel, close to many things in Buckhead, but beware of Travis. And valet parking is ridiculously priced, as is self parking. There are many free parking lots in the area. And no free internet. The Holiday Inn has free internet, but the Grand Hyatt doesn't...hopefully they work on that.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank OceanLove3
Reviewed February 28, 2007

Please note I attempted to book a room at the Hyatt in Buckhead. I normally would book on-line, but I contacted the hotel direct, to see if they had special rates with my company. I was calling from overseas, and it took 6 calls to get someone to answer a simple question: What's the best rate for a King-Non Smoking, 2 Adults, for March 24, 2007. The hotel seemed to be chaotic, as I was forwarded, and re-forwarded, all over the place. What's going on? I finally reached the Duty Manager, who seemed to take it in stride, as part of the norm. For $50 more, I chose to stay at the Ritz Carlton, where it took me 3 minutes to confirm my reservation.

I think it's time to take the "Grand" away from this hotel property.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank MichaelChristine
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Fantastic stay!!! Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful.

Only downside is parking, typical of that area but still $15 self park or $22 valet per day.

Other than that, no complaints. Will totally be going back.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TracyEV
Reviewed February 15, 2007

The hotel is really flashy and glamorous looking. Everything is super high priced. It is in Buckhead. The room was clean and compfortable. NO FREE INTERNET!!!! Are you kidding me? I can stay at a $30 hotel and get free internet, I come here for $200 and no free internet.....unexcusable.
Overall, it was really high priced and I'd try to look for discounts if I were to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank doedays
Reviewed January 31, 2007

Grand stay at the Hyatt! I liked that there was:

Taxi waiting outside
Shopping and restaurants nearby
A large bathroom
A comfortable bed with down duvet

I disliked the
Construction outside at neighboring buildings
Walk to some local restaurants (taxi!)

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business