“Luvs it” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
orlando
“Luvs it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

We arrived late to the hotel on friday evening, but we didn't have to wait long. I booked our room at very cheap rate through hotwire.com ($80).We were even given two complimentary breakfast buffet tickets by the nice ladies at the front desk. To my surprise we ended up on the twenty-second floor in a corner king room with balcony. The room was very spacious and the private balcony was to die for. Everyone was extremely nice from valet to bellhop. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely return. They provided shuttle service to Lenox and Phipps plaza. They also provided the shuttle when my hubby and I went to a popular spot TWIST.

The bed was very comfortable, however the tv was a little outdated, but we didn't watch much of it anyway. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trvlgrlorlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I spent the weekend and had a very nice time. I got a great rate on Priceline ($63 per night) but didn't get a "Priceline room" as so often happens. The check in was a little slow but they brought additional people out once the line grew. I had a king room and it was huge. There was enough room for at least another queen bed in the room. The bathroom was also large and had good supply of towels and toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet.

The location is excellent as you can walk to both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. There is also a MARTA station a few blocks away. I didn't eat in the hotel but did eat at The Flying Biscuit and BrickTop's which are just out the side door of the hotel. This is my favorite area of Atlanta and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank flaguy
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We took our two small children (5 mos and 2 yrs) to Atlanta to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately, I contracted severe food poisoning almost immediately (not from food at the hotel). Severe enough that I was taken from the hotel in an ambulance. While I certainly hope no one reading this review ever finds him or herself in this situation, I have to assume that the amazing staff would treat other visitors as kindly in less awful circumstances. A friend came to the hotel to stay with the baby while another friend took our 2-year-old. When we came back after 15 hours in the hospital, our babysitting friend told us that hotel staff had come by every hour to check on the baby and make sure he wasn't getting sick. They brought up baby blankets. They took the bottles she brought and sterilitzed them, returning them with bottled water for formula making. They brought her a very nice dinner, unasked. And when she told them we were on our way back they brought up a large assortment of food in hopes that something would be tempting to me. They also came and returned the room to an immaculate state. (My two-year-old ran wild while I was so sick and pretty much upended everything in sight.) I cannot say how touched and appreciative we were. They didn't ask for a dime for any of it. They seemed genuinely concerned about our welfare. We were so so grateful. It was a terrible situation, but made so much more manageable by their kindness.

It's also worth noting that we are not members of any frequent guest club. We'd never been there before. We got our room off Priceline for a song. It's not like we were the traditional "valued customers" that companies will go to great lengths to satisfy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank JaySaint
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

This was absolutely one of the most memorable hotel stays in my life. I wasn't just captivated by the Southern charm. Everyone on staff at the hotel was super nice and genuinely helpful. I'd recommend the Grand Hyatt Atlanta without any reservation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CasperChicago_IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

I'm glad this was paid for by the company. Rooms were dated but clean. Old TV's with no HD. Very friendly staff. Price was a little much for parking. If you want anything expect to pay including the $4 bottles of water in the rooms. I didn't see any vending machines. 4 stars?

• Stayed January 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Although the hotel staff was pleasant, the rest of the experience was disappointing. Upon arrival, it was amazing to hear that overnight SELF PARKING was TWENTY dollars PER NIGHT! Valet parking was $30 per night, even if you never move your car. The Internet was another $10 per night, but here's a great tip... seek another wireless network and you can connect with Marriott Courtyard nextdoor for FREE. The towels had holes in them, housekeeping had to be contacted on two days to bring back the glasses they removed while cleaning and of course, the 15 cent bottle of Dasani water can be yours for a mere $4.00. The worst part of the stay was the very firm mattresses that did not allow for a decent night's sleep. The best part of the stay was decent meals and courteous staff. Renovations, I hear, are underway. This cannot possibly take place soon enough. Call before you reserve online to confirm. You'll sleep much better if you do.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nancys_Man
Agra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

This hotel was amazing! My cliants and I drove 10 hours to get there and I must say we were not disappointed. Besides the room being extremely clean it smelled really nice. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. The location was great because we love to eat and shop and we were just minutes away from Lenox Mall and all kinds of restaurants. We were very pleased and can't wait to come back!Good location, just a short drive to Lenox Mall and many other shopping places. Room was very clean, service was also very good. Hotel car will take you where you need to go in a 2 mile radius. We needed to make a trip to a pharmacy, late at night, because we needed medication for a sick child, and the driver quickly got us there and back. Room service was a little pricey, but overall would stay here again. Everyone at the Grand Hyatt was very nice and helpful. I attended a concert in GA and we choose the Grand Hyatt as our hotel. Before staying there, I had no opinion of this particular place. I hadn't heard anything good or bad. Long story short, we had a BLAST and I can't wait to go back!! Super nice place!! it was a greate experiance for all of us

• Liked — Cleanness
  • Disliked — hotel rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 3nishantsharma