“Very Nice”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ky
“Very Nice”
Reviewed September 7, 2006

Stayed labor day weekend with wife and two kids. Was a little leery of some of the responses but turned out great. We didn't get the screamin deals that have been posted ($75/nt) - paid $135 which included buffet breakfast for all four, so not too bad. Lobby is very nice, rooms larger than standard and very nice, Pool and bar great, hotel staff exceptional, driver (Joe) very prompt and helpful (Free service to local area restaurants, etc). Only complaint we had was really not the hotel iteself but the surrounding area. The sidewalks were all broken up or non-existent which meant you could not walk anywhere. Theres not much to walk to anyway. Other than that we all agreed (Kids are real hotel critics) that the hotel was excellent. And for the first time scouting around Atlanta- hats off to you. Your city is beautiful and very diverse.

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Just_some_dude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
Darrow, Louisiana
Reviewed September 2, 2006

My family and I were guests at The Grand Hyatt Atlanta from
July 17 - July 23, 2006. From check-in to check-out we were treated like royalty! We took advantage of all of the amenities that The Grand has to offer and I can honestly say that I am hard pressed to find anything negative to say about our experience.
The staff assigned to The Regency Club was outstanding! The food was delicious and hot just like we like it (at both the Regency Club and Cassis). Housekeeping was great! Housekeeping really took care of us. Our room was immaculate upon checking in. The towels and toiletries were quickly replaced and we were provided with more than enough of everything. Turndown service was a nice touch. We enjoyed the melt in your mouth chocolates that were left on our beds each night. The hotel concierge was helpful. They were well informed about the area and provided us with easy to follow directions to the attractions downtown.
We took the hotel shuttle to the Lenox Mall, which is about 2 blocks down and across the street from the hotel. Our wait time for the shuttle was less than 10 minutes. The pool area and the adjacent japanese garden were nice. There wasn't any loud music playing by the pool on the weekend that we were there. There were a number of people in the pool and everyone seemed to be having a really good time.
There is a lot of construction going on in the area, but we didn't hear a thing. We slept peacefully and comfortably EVERY night. I must add that The Grand has the most comfortable beds! I looked forward to getting lost under the covers each night.
The self parking lot for The Grand is next door. It is $15.00 per day to park with an in/out privilege. The $15.00 price is a little steep, but we were prepared to pay.
Overall, we had the best time! The location of the hotel was perfect! The Grand Hyatt is surrounded by many great restaurants and shops. My family and I are looking forward to staying at The Grand Hyatt Atlanta again and again and again!!!!!

• Liked — friendly, efficient staff/cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — eat at Dante's Down the Hatch
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Triavelhappy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 2, 2006

I booked a "Corner City View" room through hotels.com. It's an upgrade to the Standard Room. When I arrived, they put me in a 4th floor room with a view of the construction next door. I notified the front desk, and they moved me to the other side of the 4th floor, this time with a partial view of the construction. I was really upset at this point because I paid extra for the "City View" and felt like I was being ripped off. I called the front desk again and very politely explained that I wanted the room I paid for. The lady at the front desk was not sympathetic. Because I booked the room through hotels.com, she said the issue would have to be taken up with THEM, because according to HER records, I booked a Corner Room only, not a City View room. I offered to show her my printed receipts and description of the room I paid for, and she said there was nothing she could do. She said that they were not responsible for what hotels.com presented to me.

I was truly heartbroken because this was supposed to be a special night, and there I sat looking out the window at a construction site in a very basic room. My boyfriend convinced me to put it out of my mind and try to make the best of it. We decided to go check out the gym. The gym was impressive and the ladies sauna was relaxing. We had a nice workout, and it helped me to put the incident out of my mind.

When we returned back to the room, the phone rang. It was a lady with customer services in the hotel. She apologized about the incident and offered to: 1. Move me to a 24th floor room with a City View. 2. Give me access to the Club Level with complimentary snacks, beverages, and continental breakfast. 3. Give me a late check-out (2:00PM). I happily accepted. We were moved right away and the view was perfect.

Overall, we were happy once everything was resolved. I got the room I paid for and enjoyed the rest of my stay.

• Liked — The Club Level
  • Disliked — The Construction next door and front desk employees
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to get a room on one of the top floors.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank denevemarie
Chicago
Reviewed July 31, 2006

Stayed her for a conference in June 06. I was looking so forward to visiting Atlanta (hadn't been there in 20 years) and staying in the legendary Buckhead. What a bust!!! Buckhead is basically two malls and people driving around. There is no street life. First problem with the hotel, the entire front of it is torn all to pieces with construction and there are NO signs directing you to the one open driveway or around to the back. i drove around the block several times before finally calling and then figuring it out on my own. The parking garage deal is indeed annoying -- extra cost and the attendants are very rude and the in/out privileges seem to be a mystery to them. Just leaving the garage every time was a huge ordeal. Check in was smooth enough, but rooms are very worn and stained and badly need renovating. The staff seemed friendly enough except for the doormen who would literally stand there talking to each other while you went in and out of your own accord. AMAZING!!! Also upon returning to Chicago I realized I had left something in the room and when I called about it was given a huge runaround with lots of attitude -- after demanding a call back from the general manager (which I actually did receive, but I think this was only because I played the lawyer card) I was assured that all my issues were the exception and not the rule. Anyway, the hotel overall is WAY WAY overpriced and the area is hugely over-rated. Anyone from a real city will find Buckhead laughable.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank madonnasman
tampa, FL
Reviewed July 31, 2006

Just got back from a weekend trip to Atlanta with the girls. We got a GREAT deal on our room for $75 a night, thanks to Priceline. I was a little worried we would be stuck a bad room, but not the case at all, super nice big double. At almost the end of the hall from the elevators as well. Super quiet, clean, and well worth the cheap price.

Parking is a little pricey, but that is the case with all ATL hotels.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We selected the Hyatt because of its outdoor pool.When we arrived poolside with our teenage daughter the pool area was filled with "swinging singles" who had paid $10 to attend a party at the pool on a Sunday afternoon from 1-8 p.m. The area was crowded and very noisy, the singles were drinking heavily, and our daughter was hassled by older men who were clearly not hotel guests. It was very unpleasant to be in the middle of this flesh market.
The Hyatt is quite expensive, and part of the expectation for the price is a pool area reserved for hotel guests. We have also stayed at the Ritz and the Westin--these hotels provide a first-class experience, unlike the Hyatt.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank trippro
Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I am just returning from a weekend stay at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead. I can definitely say I had an wonderful experience. My entire stay was . Check-in and check-out both took no more than two minutes (seriously). The lobby was wonderfully appointed and the room was just as nice! Didn't have any problems with water pressure and the room had updated furnishings! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends