WINNER WONDERLAND

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #17 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glendale, California
“Great hotel for business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a two day meeting in Atlanta and did not really know where to stay. I shopped around and decided on the Hyatt. Good service from the front desk. Room was a little small, but fine for my needs. Used the gym and the pool which are both up to 4 star standards. The Embassy Suites and InterContinental are virtually across the street. Both of those were contenders when I was booking my trip. I would probably go with the best price since you will have access to the same restaurants within walking distance. General area is more upscale than many of the areas of Atlanta that I saw when driving around.

Room Tip: There is a building being build on the backside of the hotel. I would ask the front desk for a room...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, we appreciate you sharing. We hope that now that you have experienced our hotel we can welcome you back again soon.
Grainne McClain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because we needed somewhere to stay for a few days after our wedding on Saturday. I had the corner room on the 23rd hotel which was fine. It was quiet and that is what I asked for. I had forgotten my makeup bag at home and the Hyatt was great in that situation because they had a tooth brush and toothpaste and makeup remover I could get from the front desk until I obtained my bag the next day. What wasn't great is that at 11pm that night I would have loved some water but there was no vending machines to be found and the room service prices for water is pretty outrageous. As some other have said, the amenities are average. The towels were nothing special, the linens on the bed were nice, but the mattress is old and pretty uncomfortable. The TV went out for a while due to rain. The Wifi is outrageously priced. There is nowhere good to park that feels safe, especially at night and in the rain, so I paid the outrageous valet price. However, I got a good price on the room so that made up for the outrageous valet, wifi, and room service prices. The hotel is well-located, the lobby is beautiful, the bar is nice, and most of the staff are helpful. However, I would tell you that you should expect no courtesy from the front desk just because it is your wedding night. When I requested a quiet room from them at check-in, because it was our wedding night, I was told that the room I had was the room I had because they were full. No congrats, no nothing. This was totally different from my experience with the reservation staff, when I called and made the reservation, who led me to believe that this was a great place to have a mini-honeymoon. Thankfully, the room was quiet enough. In total, it was an average stay.

Room Tip: You want a high room, preferable a corner king.
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. First of all congratulations on your recent wedding. We apologize that our staff did not show you a little more attention, we assure you this is not typical. We are glad that we were able to help woth your missing items. We would love to invite you back.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was beautiful, I had the corner room of the 24th floor. Try to get that if you visit. I loved the room so much, I just wanted to sit in there all day. Unfortunately, I had to work... As for the view, there is a lot of construction going on right now. They are building some posh apartment structures, but that means you have the view of the crew from the 24th floor. I am sure this will not be an issue for very long.

The bar is special. Another place that I felt the urge to just hang-out for long periods of time (and it was not because of the drinks. I loved the lady at the gift shop, and check out the clothes prices, not bad.

Overall this is a great place to stay. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it. Sure it will be even better in a few months.

Room Tip: Corner and high in the air.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay and especially your room. We enjoy the people watching out the window too. We are glad you like the bar, it is a great spot to unwind and relax. We hoep to see you back often.
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was chosen for its venue, but I will be more critical next time when selecting a hotel in Atlanta. As some other reviewers also mentioned, is the hotel really at par with its rating? The room was ok, for an early 80's hotel. The high tech, but ever so cheap tv/media/computer thing, was not really capable of giving good quality images or sound. Breakfast was mediocre, management should consider staying in one of the new Hyatts in China to be brought in touch with reality.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TheHappyCamper2013
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent. We appreciate the feedback and have shared it so we can improve the items you mentioned. We hope that we can make it up to you on a future stay.
Cedartown, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This property is very nicely decorated and appointed, but who charges for wifi anymore?? $10.95 per day per device is a little excessive in my opinion. And I had a bad experience with parking. I was in for a conference, and when I arrived, hotel parking was full. I was directed by hotel staff to a pay parking deck which cost $35 for my 2 night stay. The hotel did give me a $20 credit at checkout when I explained the situation, but I was still out $15.
If you don't mind paying for wifi and parking is not an issue, this is a lovely place to stay. I didn't take advantage of the offer, so I'm not sure how well it works, but there is a free courtesy car to transport guests to destinations within 2 miles of the property, so that's nice.
Also, I was staying at a negotiated rate, so I'm not sure about the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Stone Mountain.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments, we really appreciate the feedback and are glad that you enjoyed the hotel overall.
Minnesota City, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

At the time of this writing I am staying at this hotel. Room is nice but not a 4 star hotel room. Maybe a 2 star. Amenities with room are minimal. Bath tub does not drain properly, rust around shower head ring. You get some soap, small tube of shampoo and conditioner. You only get 2 glasses with room also. No bath mat at all. Towels are minimal and not plush. I have had better at budget hotels. We are on 7th floor and can hear traffic noise with windows closed. The bed is just OK, nothing special. The Conceirge was useless. We asked for dinner suggestions and she was not experienced enough to know where to send us. I have had better help from Red Roof Inn staff. Just as an FYI, Internet is still $10 for minimum (we got it waived), self park is $20 and valet is $32 per day. Orange juice is $5 and a bagel is $5. There is a Caribou across the street. Honestly, if you expect a 4 star hotel this is not it. Go elsewhere if you expect a nice room. This place has some beauty like its lobby area and garden but that is where nice ends and below par starts. I hope AAA comes in soon and gives it a true rating of 2 diamonds.

Room Tip: High floor
Green Features: I believe in green but there is a place when it stops and plain cheap takes over.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robbguympls
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and have ensured that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments. We assure you this is not typical. We are very appreciative that you let us know. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, please reach out ot the hotel management at such a time.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was only able to stay here for one night. This hotel was chosen based on location to our meeting venue. It isn't in the heart of Atlanta but it is just a short train ride away. Because this is the financial district, it doesn't have a nightlife feel. My room was a corner room and therefore three windows and plenty of light. The room was a decent size and there was enough room to do my "travel" exercises. It was very clean and had everything I needed. The bathroom had an outdated heater/vent on the wall next to the toilet. I feel like this was for a nostalgic reason because nothing happened when I turned the nob. My tub had a dent and crack in it that was about 2in wide and just covered over poorly with calking. I had to be up early and therefore back in my room to watch SNL. Unfortunately the cable didn't work. Every 20 or 30 seconds it lost signal. I wasn't able to watch it, nor was I able to watch the news for weather and traffic the next morning. However the staff was very helpful. The concierge helped us find places to go, transportation, and even made restaurant reservations for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so uch for sharing your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and are truly sorry that you had trouble with your TV. We appreciate you letting us know so we can ensure its fixed. We hope to welcome you back soon and make it up to you.