“Exceptional service & great rates.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Exceptional service & great rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great location in Buckhead area. Lovely hotel & room. Service was exceptional. Free shuttle service within 2 miles of hotel. Purchased a package deal which included gift certificate to Lenox or Phipps malls, gift certificate for fine dining restaurants, breakfast for two (large buffet with omlette station), valet parking, etc. Definitely saved us money. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank sctrvl
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for the great comments and for sharing. We are so glad that you enjoyed our great hotel and the great Buckhead location. See you next time.
Grainne McClain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel features friendly employees and comfortable rooms with very good amenities. Attended a conference and food and service of their catering staff was excellent. Comfortable bed, nice towels and even daily toothpaste. Fitness center very nice. Self parking the biggest drawback as sort of a pain and $20 a day.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nailcutter
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Than you for taking the time to share your review. We are really glad that you enjoyed the staff, room and food, as well as all our great amenities. Maybe next trip you can come for fun and explore Buckhead.
Vienna, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

First time at this hotel. It was just down the street from where my friend lives that i was visiting. Room was spacious, courteous staff. It was a little loud at times but would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paula M
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are so glad that your first experience was so great, and now we hope it will not be your last. See you soon,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just finished a 5 night stay for a business conference (on site).

As a Hyatt Gold Passport - Platinum was given a very nice room on 19th floor facing downtown. The staff was extremely professional. All meals provided by the hotel for our conference were above average and dining at Cassis for breakfast and lunch on a couple of days was much better than many on-property restaurants at Hiltons I've stayed at over the years.

My only constructive comment would be that doors from guest rooms to the hallways seemed heavily spring-loaded and slammed repeatedly. They would do well to put soft close mechanisms on the doors. This especially was problematic since my room was near a service door leading to either housekeeping or a lift for room service personnel. The slamming was a bit rough at times.

Otherwise I found the accommodations comfortable, internet was speedy, TV worked well and room fixtures all operated properly.

1 Thank SFO1K
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We are so glad that you had a great conference and enjoyed the hotel, staff and great food. We hope the next time you come you can enjoy the great hotel location too.
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I use the InterContinental as a barometer for Atlanta hotels and this one is right up there. I'm still here and am compelled to write a review. The room is solidly 4-star, not luxurious, but incredibly nice, but the service here is outstanding. Everyone I've encountered since my check in has been pleasant, efficient and professional. My only quip is that self-parking is downhill and across the street, but they have valet (I'm just cheap) so that may not be an issue. Please do stay here - you will definitely not regret it! This place is great.

Room Tip: They're all great - I prefer a high floor, and this room on the 20th is great.
1 Thank meprice82
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate the great comments and are so glad that you had such a great time and enjoyed the hotel and staff so much. We hope that we will now be the barometer for your Atlanta hotel experiences. See you soon.
Piney Flats, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

What a beautiful hotel this place is! It is bursting with charm and class. I accidently walked into the side entrance to check-in and it was stunning too. Cozy little restaurants located just outside the hotel gave easy access to meals. My room was nice, nothing extravegant but clean and fresh. I had a nice view of the Atlanta skyscrapers at night from my room. The staff was very nice and healpful. I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: walls are a little thin. I could hear my neighbors talking.
1 Thank Queenhnp
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay. The hotel and the location are great and it sounds like you discovered all the great restaurants within walking distance. We look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days in January. It is a beautiful hotel to drive up to; and the lobby and public areas are first rate, with slate floors, columns, and elaborate chandeliers everywhere. Also, there is an impressive "Zen" garden and waterfall (but, no Koi).

When I arrived to my room, my initial impression was tainted by an overwhelming smell of "hotel" chemicals. The young lady who checked me in said she was assigning me to a "Pure" room (I believe this was her expression). This means there is an air purifier blowing in the room, and the soap and other bathroom products are hypo-allergenic. That's a nice marketing thing they have come up with, but, I didn't necessarily feel extra- "hypo-allergenic" during this stay vs. any other hotel visit. Over time, I did get used to the smell of "hotel" chemicals, however. I felt the room was clean enough, and the furnishings were serviceable and without stains.

Hotel staff was very professional and seemed to be dedicated to making their hotel a 1st class operation. If for no other reason, I would stay here again because of the staff. I must say, I never had to touch a door in the lobby, as the doormen always opened it for me, and greeted me like they were genuinely happy I was there. I can tell you, this does not happen in most places. Every Hyatt employee I passed or interfaced with, greeted me in a friendly, professional manner, and I really liked that.

The hotel is in a very good location, as I was able to walk 2 blocks to the MARTA station, to a major grocery store, to an AMC movie theater to see a movie, and to Ruth's Chris to eat. I never went to the mall, but, I believe I could have walked there in a few minutes, as well. In other words, It seems everything you might need was in very easy striking range.

All things considered, I believe this hotel delivered upon reasonable expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bigger32
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We truly believe we have the best staff in Atlanta and are glad you got to experience that. We are so glad that you also got out and about and were able to enjouy our great location too. The room you were in is actually a Respire room by Pure and really is a hypo-allergenic room, specially treated and serviced by Pure and the air purifier is a medical grade device. All the soft and hard surfaces are treated so that there are much less impurities, its ideal for someone with breathing or immune issues. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back for many future visits.