I stayed at this hotel for 6 days in January. It is a beautiful hotel to drive up to; and the lobby and public areas are first rate, with slate floors, columns, and elaborate chandeliers everywhere. Also, there is an impressive "Zen" garden and waterfall (but, no Koi).
When I arrived to my room, my initial impression was tainted by an overwhelming smell of "hotel" chemicals. The young lady who checked me in said she was assigning me to a "Pure" room (I believe this was her expression). This means there is an air purifier blowing in the room, and the soap and other bathroom products are hypo-allergenic. That's a nice marketing thing they have come up with, but, I didn't necessarily feel extra- "hypo-allergenic" during this stay vs. any other hotel visit. Over time, I did get used to the smell of "hotel" chemicals, however. I felt the room was clean enough, and the furnishings were serviceable and without stains.
Hotel staff was very professional and seemed to be dedicated to making their hotel a 1st class operation. If for no other reason, I would stay here again because of the staff. I must say, I never had to touch a door in the lobby, as the doormen always opened it for me, and greeted me like they were genuinely happy I was there. I can tell you, this does not happen in most places. Every Hyatt employee I passed or interfaced with, greeted me in a friendly, professional manner, and I really liked that.
The hotel is in a very good location, as I was able to walk 2 blocks to the MARTA station, to a major grocery store, to an AMC movie theater to see a movie, and to Ruth's Chris to eat. I never went to the mall, but, I believe I could have walked there in a few minutes, as well. In other words, It seems everything you might need was in very easy striking range.
All things considered, I believe this hotel delivered upon reasonable expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil retreat within a vibrant urban setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead
- Grand Hyatt Buckhead
- Atlanta Hyatt