Another Waring Family Adventure…We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a shopping weekend with the kids (3yr & 4yr). The hotel's location is excellent in Buckhead. There is valet ($24) and self parking ($17); spend the extra money and valet if you have small kids and lots of luggage, shopping bags etc, as the parking garage is across the street and up a hill. Very sleek lobby with a beautiful waterfall in the Onyx Bar; Check-in was okay, the attendant told us that we could not get a high floor because we booked an "internet room" through Priceline. While we understand that suites, etc, cost more this language makes guest think that there are inferior rooms...not the image you want to project at a "Grand" hotel. Check the hotel's website for room photos. Room 1226 - The room was average…very clean; but the décor did not fit the hotel; it was older (not boutique-like; just older), darker, and just average. The furniture was the old dark wood with the brass handle variety. There was a nice niche for the desk area but the desk was too big for the space so it was awkward, and cords were hanging loosely behind it. The television was the old variety. There was a nice reading chair that needed an ottoman. The bed was okay; with great pillows. The bathroom was very spacious; large tub and shower combo. The drain in the shower was a little slow (my pet peeve; I hate pooling water). The towel bars were placed at a bad location for such a spacious bathroom, in front of the toilet. We a requested a roll-away bed that arrived promptly by a very nice attendant. Room service food was average; great grilled cheese, but nothing that we would order again. The Onyx Coffee Bar was closed and we were told that coffee was available in the Onyx Bar, however, when asked for a latte the attendant gave me a confused look, and explaining didn’t help…remember this is a “Grand” hotel. The outdoor pool looked very nice; but it was too cold to give it a try. Not a great family hotel; the only thing we saw for kids was the kid’s room service menu, the grilled cheese. This hotel would be good for a quick business trip. This hotel gets a 3 for the aesthetics; but a 2 for the experience. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil retreat within a vibrant urban setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead
- Grand Hyatt Buckhead
- Atlanta Hyatt