“grand hotel in buckhead”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here two nights on business. Hotel gets high marks from me for having an employee in the business center to answer questions and helping with tech issues. Stylewise the hotel adopts the same corporate luxury blandness you see everywhere, but it is inoffenseive and comfortable. Staff was efficient and professional. Good-sized, well appointed king bedroom. Location on Peachtree Road in Buckhead is convenient, but not made for walking -- not the hotel's fault, but I generally prefer a hotel in a more pedestrian-friendly area so that I don't have to call the parking valet just to get a bite to eat. I understand this was at one time the Hotel Nikko, a former Atlanta hotspot which Hyatt took over, and while it no longer seems to be much of a hotspot, Hyatt seems to be doing a good job with it.

1  Thank alonzogo
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thanks for the great rating and the nice comments about our wonderful staff and the great location. Atlanta can be a tough walking city but we do offer a car service within two mile to help with this. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel is good and does the job. But it is just the same as any other buckhead hotel and does nothing to really set itself apart. Staff are great and super helpful and helped a lot with directions and advice. Good location and very close to MARTA( subway) so great for trips from the airport.

Room Tip: Take MARTA from the airport it is a $2.50!trip and stops 2 blocks away. They still have showers in t...
1  Thank Deneys

Thank you for the nice comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed our staff and that you were able to enjoy the location. We love the area too. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here last week of August for business. The rooms were nice, comfortable and spacious. I slept like a baby on their beds. I believe I had a corner room because I had two big windows on both walls, which had great views. The concierge and doorman were very pleasant and helpful. The restrooms were pretty clean and big! I enjoyed my stay and next time I am in town, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thanks for the great review and we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in Atlanta.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had the luxury of staying at the Grand Hyatt while attending a conference in august.
From the moment I checked in, to the moment i departed...the staff at this hotel really went above and beyond to extend warm service and hospitality, without feeling fake or forced in anyway.
Food service was exceptional in taste while also maintaining creativity And uniqueness.
Having stayed at two of the finest Buckhead properties in previous years for conferences...I would totally stack this one up against them and rate it higher.
Oh yeah...the rooms were also really nice and I thought very spacious too.
Will return here if visiting Atlanta again....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for the great review and comments. We are so glad that we knocked it out of the park for you and hope to welcome you back many times. See you soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel has a beautiful garden on the 3rd floor and a nice pool outside. They gave me a room on the 10th floor with King size bed and great view for the city. The room was super clean and the bathroom was big. I requested a crib for my 12 month-old and they had a pack-n-play not so comfortable for my baby that ended up sleeping in my bed. Also, I could hear my neighbors talking and using the shower. The door are also noisy. The self parking costs $20.00 a day and the breakfast is super expensive. You can upgrade your room and have internet + breakfast for 25.00.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the great views of Atlanta. We are sorry that you thought the pack-n-play was not comfortable for your baby. We do charge for breakfast and parking but rates are very competitive with the other 4 and 5 star hotels in the area. We are glad that you took advantage of the upgrade at check in. We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great location in buckhead. Can easily walk to a few restaurants if needed and a short drive to all the great malls and shops. The lobby is large and grand and the rooms are spacious and clean. No free wifi. Parking is 20 a night for self park and 32 a night for valet. The staff is friendly and can accommodate whatever you need. They have a business center where you can use 15min of free Internet time.

Any of the four stars hotels in the buckhead area are greats and comfy. We use Priceline to get best deals

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for you review of your recent stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great shooping in the area. We love our staff too and are glad that they looked after you so well. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The property is so perfectly situated in Buckhead. Near Lenox and easy access to Midtown. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. It has an elegance without the stuffiness of the high end Marriott properties.

Check out the Flying Biscuit for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thanks for posting such great comments. We love our location too and are so glad that you got to enjoy it and the hotel. See you soon.