“Southern Comfort”

Quality Inn Northlake
Ranked #109 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our stay in September for 4 nights was outstanding. Very Clean, comfortable, convenient, cordiality superb -- and breakfast was terrific. We recommend this even though it is a distance from the Jackson-Hartsfield Airport. Staff extremely helpful; near shopping malls; highways - our next trip to Atlanta will be in the next few months and we will do our best to book into this Quality Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank illurat
QINorthlake, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest:

You are very kind in describing you recent stay in such positive terms. We always try to meet our guests comfort and expectations.

Kal Held

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently rented 2 rooms here for 3 nights while attending the AARP convention. The rooms were simple, clean and well maintained. It is not a 3 or 4 star property but it is adequate and priced well. There is no fitness center which was disappointing. It is right off the highway so the trip downtown was only about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. There are a few fast food places and the Northlake shopping center very close. The hotel was not full so it was very quiet. My only complaint was that the mattresses are very firm and for me, not comfortable. Also the breakfast was just so-so. Overall the room was OK and if I need to rent multiple rooms again I would stay here.

Room Tip: My rooms were interior corridor rooms which might make a difference in the quality and noise levels.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelinillinois

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your response. We feel that your description positively reflects on our establishment.

We certainly hope that we will be able to do much more as the economy improves.

You have been most kind by taking the time to let others know about your stay with us.

Kal Held

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The entire property (including the room that I stayed in) was clean, beautiful, and appeared to be well maintained. Also, it is near a bus stop; for those who want to use public transportation rather than dealing with the Atlanta traffic. During my stay, I rented a (reasonably priced) "executive" room (non-smoking, no pets, near elevator, interior corridor, microwave, (mini) refrigerator, an office type desk, mini sofa with ottoman). The bed (mine was king size) was very comfortable and a joy to sleep in. And there was enough space within this room to literally walk around in. However, the sink/lavatory area was a bit small. Also, since it was near the elevator (and the ice & vending machines), the area outside of my room was noisy sometimes. Other areas on the floor may have been quieter (it was on the third floor). It appears that rooms on the first & second floor are exterior (you can enter them from the outside). FYI : You'll need your room key to get into the interior of the hotel from 6pm - 6am. Next, the Wi-Fi reception was excellent. I had no problems using it to connect to the Internet. Breakfast was not continental style, but not a full meal either : "plastic" eggs, hard boiled eggs, biscuits, sausage (mix) gravy, dry cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, waffle maker, bagels, pastries, packaged Otis Spunkmeyer© muffins, fresh fruit, etc. Initially I was concerned about the number of tables within the breakfast area (6), which seemed small for a hotel of this size. But there were always tables available, even during the Labor Day weekend. Since there were no major issues, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JMTinMB
QINorthlake, General Manager at Quality Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your kindness in describing your stay at the Quality Inn Northlake. Your comments very much appreciated and were shared with our entire staff.
We hope to see you again soon.

Mo Hamidani

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed during Labor holiday and got a good deal. Arrangement was adequate for good night's sleep.Complementary breakfast was better compared to other budget hotels like extended Stay and Howard Johnson. We were not able to open the drain hole in the bathtub when we checked in late at night and called for customer service. He appeared within few minutes and fixed it and did not mind to dip his hand in dirty water. We really appreciate their customer focused attitude !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paramita g
QINorthlake, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

We are most appreciative of your comments. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will stay with us again on a future visit.

Our team is trained to provide the best of service to our valued guests.

Kal

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling to Port Canaveral to celebrate our 21st anniversary and my birthday on a carnival cruise. North lake is a great first leg stop. I was encouraged by the reviews that I had read in tripadvisor so I booked a room using points that we earned earlier in the summer.
Needless to say I am not impressed. Again! The first room we were given was on the first floor. A/C didn't work, hair on the counter, mold in the bathroom, torn up , dirty carpet. Newer fridge and microwave. Back to the front desk...we were given a room on the 3rd floor, said to be renovated 5-6 years ago... Not so much! Dirty, worn carpet, moldy bath floor, stained furniture and it smells like smokey, moldy socks. The fridge and microwave are old, bed seems comfortable, air works, elevator is filthy... I am posting pictures... I feel like this might have to be the last hoorah for choice hotels. They do not offer the quality it product that they used to. Too bad I have two more nights booked at two more choice hotels this trip. So disappointed. But hey! That will just make me appreciate the spa deck room, on the Carnival Dream, that much more.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank tomhrhr
QINorthlake, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Tom:

It seems that once in a while we do have a guest that is not satisfied with our facility. We apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations and will try to do better.

We hope that you enjoyed the Spa Deck room on Carnival.

Kal

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Well I stayed here for dragoncon. It was about 15 hwy miles from it. Location is OK. Not far from hwy which is nice. Motel could have been better... first off why do I need my key to work a elevator? It only has 3 floors. So every time I would go get ice at night (located on the lobby) I would forget my card which got very annoying, especially if your staying on backside of motel, if you took stairs the door was locked and desk workers just looks at you doing nothing. Pissed me off pretty good especially after 18 hours of walking all day. Now on to the rooms, first night it was all OK switch for the bathroom light was on the outside of it(stupid) the bathrooms tiny. Second night we found ants everywhere! And we didn't even have any food in there! Bottom line would I go back? Probably not. I would try to look around more. When I was looking it was in between this and another I'd try for the other.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank vintageXPIG
QINorthlake, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear DragonCon guest:

We apologize for the experience you have had at our hotel and assure you that we have a professional service that will come at regular intervals and treat the entire hotel.

Our insurance regulations require us to have the lobby area secured at night, hence if you have no room card, you would be unable to access the lobby for ice and the desk associate is not allowed to unlock the door.

You stayed at an exterior corridor room. We suggest that if, in the future you wish to stay on the interior, you may do so, by requesting your travel advisor to book you into our business floor.

We again are sorry that you did not have a good experience and wish we could have done better for you.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clean modern rooms with great beds and furniture. Large ice cold fridge. New flat screen tv. Very well done continental breakfast bar with huge verity. But the part was how great the staff are to deal with. Great job everybody we'll be back.

Room Tip: The ice & vending machines are on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family