“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #119 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston
“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Service!”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My family and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buckhead every July 4th holiday for about the last 15 years (we run every year in the Peachtree Road Race). Every year, we are consistently satisfied with the service we receive, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the quality of the food and drink, all at reasonable prices. Of course, the location can't be beat--you're only steps from a slew of great restaurants, great shopping and entertainment at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, etc. A few years ago, we noticed that the hotel was beginning to show its age, but updates and renovations since that time have put the Embassy Suites Buckhead back near the top of its game. Typically, when we stay here around July 4, there are pretty big crowds, so my one and only complaint would be that there simply aren't enough elevators to keep up (it's not unusual to wait for up to 5 minutes in the lobby at peak times for an elevator to show up). Generally though, even with the crowds, the rooms are quiet and clean, and as with every Embassy Suites I've been to, there's plenty of room to just stretch out and be comfortable. We'll see you next July 4 at the Embassy Suites Buckhead!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking is a bit tight
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed June 5, 2008

We were in town for a family reunion and needed a central location with access to good restaurants and shopping. Embassy Suites was just what we needed.

The room was in good shape - no complaints. Pretty standard as far as Embassy Suites go.

I do have to say that the hotel breakfast is like a ZOO! We had it the first morning we were there and that was enough! Long lines and no where to sit -- was just what i didnt need while on vacation. The next day we just grabbed a quick bite at Whole Foods down the street.

But otherwise, we had a great time. Check in was painless, the hotel parking attendants were awesome and made the additional - i think it was $18 or $19 per day at least pallatable.

I'd stay there again.

• Liked — Location - close to lots of good shopping and restaurants and even not far from downtown, excpet you need a car.
  • Disliked — Free hotel breakfast was a zoo! I'd skip it and go somewhere else. Very stressful.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
houston
Reviewed May 20, 2008

This was a gift that was given to me and when I got there the staff had the Credit Card number of the travel agent and all they said is that they needed payment. But what could have taken them 30 seconds to do took them 2 hours. I was tired, frustrated and just plain angry. The people up front were not very nice, they do not know what it means to be in a position of customer service. They questioned me as if I were lieing to them, and that is just untollerable. Well to make matters worse when my husband and I got to our room and after having dinner, we were ready for bed and the duvey that was on the bed had a either a dry bloody satin, dry vomit, or dry something gross on there. I called down to the front desk and asked for new sheets and it took them 2hours just to get there. Then they said they could not find another duvey at all. So my husband and I had to sleep with just the sheets and a throw that was in the closet. The only good thing about it was, housekeepers and the drivers had much more better customer service than the front desk and the manager ever will. Maybe some roles need to be changed! I will not ever stay there again and will not reccommend that anyone stay there. I did take a picture of the stain and will add it soon!

• Liked — the cleaning and driving staff
  • Disliked — the front desk, management, and my room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

New Orleans
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March on business. It's located next to a lot of restaurants, so I didn't need to drive to anything while I was there. There's a Ruth's Chris on the first floor. The people at the hotel were not the nicest in town ... but, this is a big city. I don't believe I heard the word "Thanks" during my entire stay. The manager's reception every night was nice (free beer, cocktails, light appetizers) and the made to order breakfast was good, too.

The wifi reception was horrible. The sad part is that there was a $10/day charge for the service. I called to complain and they brought up a wireless bridge -- but the service is so bad that the bridge couldn't even fix it. They refused to credit the $10, which was quite annoying when you consider that most people stay here for business.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank Spiral321
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed April 16, 2008

This hotel is mostly for kids. We had about a dozen teenaged girls in the room next to us and they stayed up most of the night. We could hear everything in our bedroom. Their parents must have been in another room. The front desk did not do anything about it. Regarding other services: the breakfast was good but the lines were long. The parking was expensive and inconvenient. Next time we're in Atlanta we'll probably stay in a quieter, smaller hotel.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crawfish Boil
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We spent four nights at the Embassy Suites and it worked out just great. It was nice having the extra space for the three of us (me, hubby, 10 year old son). We never felt crampt. The room was in good condition, not perfect. It is showing some age but it was kept clean and it smelled good. We had easy access to the aquarium, Stone Mountain, CNN, World of Coke, shopping, and restaurants. One thing I really enjoyed, which others may not, was that there were other families staying at the hotel. When we went down to the pool (there are two - one indoor, one outdoor and a whirlpool) there were usually other kids swimming which was great for my son. We went to the pool everyday and there were always towells and it was clean. I didn't use the exercise room but it looked very nice. The hotel lobby is pretty with coy ponds and nice landscaping. Our tub did not drain and I did let the housekeeping staff know, but I have a feeling it's an ongoing problem.

My only complaints are that they charge for wireless internet (but we avoided the charge by going to the business center) and you can't hook up a DVD player to the TV because of the way they have it set-up. Also, for such a huge room (3 sinks!) there was very little clothes storage.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Liked — Big rooms, pretty hotel
  • Disliked — pay for internet, TV doesn't allow DVD hook-up
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
I call IL home
Reviewed March 12, 2008

We were recommended this hotel over the Hampton Inn. The Embassy is in easy walking distance of the Lenox & Phipps malls. Also there are some great restaurants within the same walking distance. There's even a Ruth's Chris right in the hotel lobby. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Wireless internet connection was easy & good. Standard Embassy happy hour & breakfast items. The hotel staff were all friendly & helpful.

• Liked — Walking distance to restaruants & shopping
  • Disliked — Small seating area for happy hour & breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business