“Overall Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
jtavessude
“Overall Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was here for the first time on business. Overall a good location and very quiet for my trip. Room was generally clean, but the bathroom corners around the tub were a what I would have expected at a "fuzzy's motor court". The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The wait staff at the breakfast and happy hour were exceptional!

2 Thank jtavessuede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I love the spacious rooms and location. The service was also outstanding. The one drawback was late night dining access. The Ruth Chris closes early and there are few options. All in all it was a pleasant stay. Valet services we pretty quick.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cecilflournoy
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

It's hard to imagine that an Embassy Suites brand property in such a great part of Atlanta would be such a mess. I stayed with my wife recently for one night on points and would definitely not return. Staff was friendly, but the room was just gross. Stains on furniture, dirty bathroom, hair all over the living room table, and a glass that was made to look like it was freshly cleaned although it had some sort of liquid in it. I read the other reviews and though that people were being too picky, but there are too many other good options in Buckhead to put up with this kind of room.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MattbPR
KerensaW, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for 1 week while in Atlanta for work. The room was nice, I like that I had more space than just a bedroom. The bathroom was spacious. My only complaint is the breakfast in the morning. The silverware is stored in round holes that you reach in and grab what you need, after reaching several times I could not find a knife that didn't have dried food on it. THen I noticed that the silverware was sitting in murky muddy water at the bottom of the holes. I was so disgusted I never ate there using silverware. I grabbed a bagel from the self-service area one time and that's all. Highly disappointing and off-putting.

1 Thank TraveIinG
KerensaW, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our breakfast staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Pros: Convenient to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza; clean and comfortable rooms; nice staff

Cons: Internet service was very slow...tethering my computer to my phone provided faster Internet speed. Valet parking is a bit pricey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I read the reviews and was a little skeptical, but the rates were decent. Its nice.......indoor and outdoor pool, a small gym, really nice comp breakfast (where they cook it in front of you), comp cocktails in the evening, just a reliable place. The TV's in the room were high defs and the view over atlanta was nice. I could barely hear the road. The only drawback was the gift shop, the prices were insane. Just dont forget your toothbrush or shampoo and you'll be happy you went.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chilidog76
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Not a bad embassy suites. The rooms have been recently refreshed and were clean. Rtuh's Chris Steakhouse in the lobby was nice. The breakfast was a little lacking compared to some other higher end embassy suites. I did have trouble sleeping as I could understand the conversation in the room next to me as the walls are really thin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank djr311
KerensaW, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you we did not fulfill you expectations. I do appreciate your candid remarks as we always learn from our guest’s feedback. I am very sorry that you had trouble sleeping and I can assure you your comments have been taken into consideration. In fact, we are currently discussing different options to renovate our hotel. Again, I thank you for your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.