Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
$92
  • Room Service
$118
1,677 results
All reviewsruth's chris steakhousethe manager's receptionmade to order breakfastbuckhead areacomplimentary breakfastself parkingoutdoor poolmarta stationbusiness centerfree shuttlelenoxmallatl
Reviewed October 12, 2012

When you run a hotel in a business area such as Buckhead, one would think that you would make sure your internet access was solid as most of your guests rely on it to work. However I just finished a three night stay at this hotel and the Internet was unreliable from the very first night I stayed. You call the front desk and they say nothing is wrong, you call tech support and they say nothing is wrong, but yet when I get to my client's office, my computer works just fine with the Internet there. It's just inexcusable in this day and age to have such unreliable service. I come to this area once or twice a year for business and usually stay at the Embassy. I've had minor issues with their Internet in the past, but nothing horrible, but with this experience I'll never return to this property. There are plenty of other options in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TXBusinessTraveler
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A room is a room is a room but when you're traveling for business an internet access is critical this is NOT the place to stay. I regret that I didn't change hotels today after having these issues last night. Shouldn't have to spend an hour on the phone with IT every evening when I need to be working. Live and learn and stay at the Intercontinental next time I have business in Buckhead.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 2Travelers2Dogs
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love Embassy Suites and choose it as we can expect spacious rooms and good service. When we were actually in our room (16th floor), it was quiet and clean. We enjoyed the view. However, our experience attempting to check in and drop off our luggage, as well as our check out process, ruined our otherwise pleasant experience.

I know the Embassy Suites can not be blamed by the type of guests that stay, but I truly felt unsafe at the pandemonium of the unruly college kids/20 somethings, drinking vodka straight out of the bottle at 10 AM and yelling while running around with their pants sagging. There was no concern or attempt to make a female feel safe in this environment(husband was getting the car). I will not recommend this property to another person wanting to stay in Buckhead, unless management can agree to not book rooms to individuals who conduct themselves in this way.

The parking attendants and lobby staff were understaffed and overwhelmed with this scenario. Management definitely needs to have a pow wow and figure out how to make sure this does not happen again. I understand it was a busy weekend with the Braves' last series before the playoffs, the BET awards and a Falcons home game, but this was unacceptable. I am not one to overly complain unless it is warranted, so fellow travelers, please take note.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor, preferably at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSgirl47
KerensaW, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way offended or uncomfortable. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed these issues with our team. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The suite was certainly spacious, but decor a bit dated. Bathtub a bit dingy / dirty. Being there on business for only one night all that space was wasted on me, but I can see how it would be nice for a longer stay. Bed was ok, not awesome. TV in bedroom didn't work (sound but no picture) but TV in sitting area was large and in working order. Staff was professional and friendly. Manager Happy Hour was a nice touch, bring your ID even if you are senior to have a drink, hotel policy. Ruth Chris is always a great steak house choice, bar was busy. An okay property for a business stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
KerensaW, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. In addition, to ensuring that the television is in full working order, we’ve address our housekeeping staff in regards to the level of cleanliness of your room. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again. We would love to have you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Older property, updated, was beautiful when built.
Update getting a bit stale, but I normally stay in 4-5 star properties so my review could be a bit harsh.
The rooms have not shrunk in size. They are still great.
Do not, repeat, do not, try to sleep in the front room sofa bed if you are over 15! Hard and lumpy best describes it.
But the breakfast...fun and good. The guys in charge put on quite a show. Make yourself have one of the omelets. Pick your ingredients. They will do the rest. Best included breakfast I have had (except for the Plaza in NY and that is not a fair comparison).
Valet service for the car was excellent. Just call ahead from the room.
Housekeeping was very late. If you leave your room for a couple of hours call the front desk and demand that your room be made up by a certain time if this is important to you. If you do not make the request, 3 or 4pm will be the time they show up.
We had a premium corner room (1425). I did have an objection to the smell of the room, bride did not. But then again, she puts up with me.
When we checked in a manager told us that they had overbooked the room that we had reserved and since we were only two they had changed our reservation. I am a quite experienced traveler ( comes with age) and one look changed it back. Not a big deal, but i like to save that look for special occasions.
We are a senior couple, still working, with many experiences. We go to Atlanta several times a year to see my children (and shop at Phipps and Lenox). My overall review is that if you are going to Atlanta to shop and do not wish to pay the Ritz/Mansion tariff that this is a great choice and you will enjoy the breakfast.
Ps; if you object to the room smell, go next door to Orvis and purchase their "smellers".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple