“Embassy Suites: Awesome as usual”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #142 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Staying at the Embassy Suites in the Buckhead area of Atlanta really proved to be an enjoyable experience. I love staying at the Embassy Suites and this one did not disappoint. There was construction going on in the area and that prevented smooth travel to and from the hotel, but overall it was not a problem. The Manager's Special is always a plus and the breakfast assortment buffet in the morning was outstanding... cooked to order food (eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, etc, etc) and fresh food made for a great breakfast. The hotel interior looked amazing and the room was nice and cozy; absolutely no complaints outside of the parking price per night ($18)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dragonOL2

Reviewed December 29, 2007

ok so lets start with the location,the hotel is located in a business / residential area,took us about 20 mins in a taxi from the airport,when we arrived there was some renovations going on but it didnt interfere with our stay,The room was great,spacious and the bed was comfortable,plenty of tea/coffee etc. the managers nightly free drinks is a great idea but there was only 1 kind of beer (kilkenny red) and lots of spirits and wine etc but no lager. which is fine if you are a spirit drinker,but hey its free so you cant really complain about it,the breakfast which comes with the room is also frsh and tasty a good choice of fresh fruit and juices,cereals,bread and also a cooked to order breakfast that you cannot fault.
For shopping the lenox mall is a 5 minute walk away and you just have to spend the day there shopping,lots of choice,great bargains especially for us europeans(lots of heavier clothing being sold off cheap,bit hot there for that type of gear)great brand name bargains and also a great food hall in the mall to assist in your shopping stamina!!,I would recommend walking to the mall as the hotel bus (free within a couple of miles of the hotel) was a long time coming and when it did arrive(the driver I mean) it took us almost 25 mins to get to the mall we were brought everywhere else first and yet the mall was the nearest to the hotel (of course we didnt know that before hand),anyway you will probably need the bus to get back with all your bags.
one of the nights the driver brought us to an Irish pub but it was a pretty crappy place so we called him and he was back there within 10 mins and he brought us to a lovely restaurant(cant remember the name,sorry) the restaurant was also a brewery and it was only 5 mins walk from the hotel so I am sure they will know which one it is if you ask at reception. tj maxx is also nearby.
my only complaint ,the windows of the hotel were filthy,we were on the 5th floor and they were almost black,to be fair it is situated on a busy road and there was a lot of construction nearby (though this didnt affect our sleep)and I am sure that wouldnt of helped,and to be honest it is only a minor issue in what was a truly pleasurable stay and we are going back this may(twice) and if things were to stay the same I think this will probably be our stop off anytime we are in Atlanta.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JADMIX
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Hosted a 4th of July party at this hotel for a few of my friends. Rooms are typical embassy suites room (separate living room/bedroom two tv's, microwave and minifridge). I was told that we would be able to see the fireworks from the pool patio, but the trees obstruct your view. Managers reception was nice (free drinks, chips and popcorn). The hotel does have a shuttle that can take you to nearby restaurants (within a mile of the hotel), but somehow it took the shuttle 30 minutes to show up. All guests are required to pay for parking. Would stay @ Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta-Buckhead again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank RedCritic
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The Embassy Suites in Buckhead GA is located near other big chain hotels. There was a Hyatt across the street and a Ritz Carlton next door. Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, two malls, are right down the street. Buckhead is NW of Atlanta proper and is pretty quiet. There are office towers and hotels right in this area. The hotel really exceeded my expectations. It has 16 floors built around a central courtyard that contains Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and the hotel's breakfast area. There is a stream that winds it's way around the lobby, wtih koi swimming in it. Check in was fast and accomodating. The room had 2 queen beds (unfortuneately they were really the size of doubles) and the anteroom had a pull out sofa. The room was quite spacious and clean. A buffet freakfast is included. If you can't find something to eat at their buffet, then you don't like breakfast. It was quite busy over a holiday weekend. You can get everything from omelets, cold cereal, plentiful danish to oatmeal. Plus, they do a happy hour every night. I have no complaints about the hotel at all. We parked our car for $16 a day with the hotel which, we understand, was the going rate. The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and accomodating.

Buckhead has restaurants and shopping but if you want to be in the heart of Atlanta for nightlife, etc., this is not the hotel for you. The MARTA station is down the block (we never took it, having a rental
car).

Maggiano's, a great Italian family style restaurant is right across the street. Cal. Pizza Kitchen and others are in Lenox Square.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank NYMosie
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I just returned from a four nght stay at the ES. Check-in was painless. Just a minor snafu with programming the room keys. Not a big deal.

Breakfast offered a nice selection of hot and cold entrees. Plenty of seating. I was never around the hotel during the manager's reception.

The indoor pool area is nice. The hot tub temperature was fine. But only a few of the air jets were working properly. I brought it to the attention of managment on the first day. It still wasn't repaired as of the day I checked out.

Self-parking is a breeze. They give you a four digit access code to open the gate as you drive in.

There's construction going on next door. Try to request a high room on the opposite side of the construction. They work every day but Sunday.

The rooms were fine. Good quality linens and toiletries.

Overall, a nice stay in Buckhead.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave148
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The Embassy Suites is in a very nice part of town that is growing quickly. There is a lot of construction on the roads and a lot of buildings going up all around. Check-in was quick and kind and the room was good sized and clean. Self parking was much easier for me than valet and the garage is easy to get to. There is a Ruth's Chris steakhouse in the lobby, which is always quite good but a little expensive. My only complaint would be the internet access on the higher floors, it is spotty at best. Easy walking distance to a mall and plenty of restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank javisq
Reviewed September 10, 2007

We only spent one night at this hotel. Check in was average, there was some confusion but the staff was pleasant and resolved the issue. The interior atrium area is visually pleasant.

The rooms are clean and the furniture looked relatively new. I don’t think Embassy Suites has upgraded their bedding like several of the other chains but the bed was ok. The hotel is about three blocks from the metro rail and five blocks from Lennox Mall, a major shopping center.

The free cocktails in the evening and the cook to order breakfast were nice and the serving staff pleasant. This property has both an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool. There is a functional but somewhat small fitness center. My complaints were that the rooms are somewhat dated; the air conditioning doesn’t have a real thermostat (just turn the knob to make it warmer or colder). This hotel, like many of the other hotels I have stayed at, apparently also has “paper thin” walls. My neighbors woke me up at two in the morning by merely talking in their adjacent bedroom. Rather than further waking myself, I just grabbed the blanket and pillow off the bed and moved to the couch in the other room.

I would stay at this hotel the next time I am in Atlanta but it might not be my first choice.

Stayed: September 2007