“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta GA
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My friend who I see in October every year couldn't stay with me this visit due to business obligations so I stayed with them in their suite at Embassy Suites Galleria. I was surprised by the design of the hotel, and though the lobby was not overly glamarous, the suite was quite nice. Compact, yet spacious with everything in a convenient place. The living room had a sleeper sofa, comfy chairs, large ottoman, big screen TV and large work desk. Between the living room and bedroom was a kitchenette, small fridge and microwave on one side and a sink and cabinet on the other. A large closet was across from the spacious bathroom. There was a door separating the bedroom from the living area and the bedroom itself was quite large with a comfortable king bed, a small desk and large screen TV. The hotel design was great - a triangle shape with the suites all opening off open hallways that over looked the atrium area on the ground floor. Glass elevators made the ride to the upper floors pleasant and small tables were tucked into quaint and cozy nooks in the atrium. The lobby boasts a well stocked gift shop and there is a bar on the ground floor. Cleaning staff seemed quite nice and efficient though my friend who is from Europe and has an accent had some difficulty conversing with the maids as they did not seem to speak any English. Egress from the parking lot to Cobb Parkway was easy and traffic was tolerable at any time of day, even rush hour. This hotel is a couple of miles from my office so I would definitely consider it if I needed to check into a hotel for any reason and would certainly recommend it to business travelers or even family members from out of town.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank lexcyn1
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay this month at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear about the many reasons you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. Thank you also for reccommending us to other business and leisure travelers. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband & young daughter over the Labor Day weekend. Embassy Suites had an incredible deal going on where you could get a king suite for $75+tax. It was the best deal we have ever seen at an Embassy Suites. We just stayed the one night, but had a wonderful time. Our only complaint was the Manager's Reception. We have stayed at over a dozen different Embassy Suites and this one had the worst Manager's Reception. We had to wait in a long line (15+mins) to get a drink & they would only give you one drink at a time. Most Embassy Suites have two bartenders working the Manager's Reception, but this particular one only had one very slow bartender. Disappointed, but we cannot complain too much since we only paid $75 for the room, breakfast, & a couple of drinks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Bargain_Hunter713
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your kind remarks with the entire management team. We are sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the manager's receptionhave been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns and we hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My partner and I are in wheelchairs and were in town to do a performance at the Abilities Expo for people with disabilities taking place at the Cobb Galleria. So we needed a hotel that was accessible and close to the Galleria, the Embassy Suites was perfect because it was both. However that was just a start of our great experience. Upon our arrival we met Sherri Shepherd that was exciting. Then we got our rooms. The rooms were nice had a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy for my bottle water obsession. We travel a lot and sometimes stay in hotels with no refrigerators and I’m always stuck drinking warm water so I was very happy to have a one in my room. The room also had a beautiful flat screen TV that I enjoyed channel surfing on and watching the local news. The bathroom was huge I could fit my wheelchair and shower chair and I still had space to move around. Now to get to my favorite item in the room, which was the bed! It was gigantic and super comfortable! The big soft pillows were also so comfortable I didn’t want to get out of bed the morning of my performance. However, I had to if I wanted to catch the complementary breakfast every morning. And this wasn’t your regular bagel and coffee deal, I’m talking about a full cook to order breakfast you know omelets, bacon, home fries, French toast pancakes etc, and it was delicious too! And if that wasn’t enough in the evening the hotel also gives a free complimentary “happy hour” style drinks for guest. On one of the nights there was even a complimentary massage in the lobby. I don’t know what more you can ask for from a hotel. I was almost beginning to think I was like on some all-inclusive resort paid trip. Overall if you are in need of some rest & relaxation or just need a cozy place to stay while you are visiting Atlanta the Embassy suites is definitely the place. And the show was great by the way..Tapwaterz - 4 Wheel City!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tapwaterz
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed all of our great amenities! Although we aren't often referred to as a resort type of a hotel, we like your analogy and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta.
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites. In general, I really like them. The suites are perfect for a family with small kids. Kids can stay in one room while the parents get the other. It's great. However, when we stayed at this hotel last weekend, the noise from the atrium below was SO loud that there is no way anyone could have slept in the front room. It sounded like a riot at midnight and later. Our party called the front desk multiple times, were assured things would settle down, but nothing was ever done. There was a party going on in a ballroom that spilled out into the atrium. There were also roving bands of teenagers causing trouble and playing hide and seek in the hallways in the middle of the night. Nothing was ever done. I think the party paid too much money for the hotel management to really do anything about it, while the rest of us staying there got a raw deal. This was the second night of our stay. The first night was fine. So basically, it's a nice hotel unless they have a lot of hooligans partying downstairs, then you are out of luck.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay last month at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the banquet room and atrium noise been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact the General Manager if you have further concerns and I hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The suites were very clean and comfortable. All hotel amenities were in good working order it was especially nice to have an indoor pool and jacuzzi with the fall weather. Breakfast was very good but they could have used a bit of extra help or a buffet line over the weekend as there was a lengthy wait in line to be served. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your kind words about your stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria last month! We pride ourselves on our amenities and convenient location to the interstate and all that Atlanta has to offer. Thank you for your observation about the breakfast line over the weekend. While we do our best with signs throughout the hotel to encourage weekend guests to come to breakfast early to aviod lines for hot items, many choose to come eat during the last hour. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Atlanta!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Embassy Suites Hotel and were very pleased. We just stayed one night while passing through. I would highly recommend this hotel. The room was nice and roomy. The hotel's continental breakfast was the best we've ever had. They have made to order omlets, sausage, bacon, hasbrowns, fruit, french toast, muffins, coffee, juice, soft drinks, ect... There is also a pool and jacuzzi that we took advantage of. If I'm ever in the area again, I will be staying at this hotel. Great value!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your compliments on our hotel from your stay last month. You did an excellent job describing what our brand prides itself most on - value. We have much to offer with our true two-room spacious suites, and our managers reception and hot made-to-order breakfasts each day in our tropical atrium. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here while in town for business. Check in was fine, smooth and easy since there was no one else checking in at 8 PM.
The room was standard Embassy Suite, huge suite with flat screen TV; bedroom was sufficient, nice bed old school tube TV.
Breakfast looked to be awesome although I settled for the continental approach.

Would more than likely stay here again as it's convenient to where I'm in town for business.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us last month. We are indeed very convenient to many businesses in this part of Atlanta. You will also be pleased to know that we are getting flat screens like the ones in all of our living rooms for each bedroom soon. I have passed along your comments to our staff, and we look forward to your return visit next time you come to Atlanta!