“I Slept like Baby & Performed like a Rock Star!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“I Slept like Baby & Performed like a Rock Star!”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My partner and I are in wheelchairs and were in town to do a performance at the Abilities Expo for people with disabilities taking place at the Cobb Galleria. So we needed a hotel that was accessible and close to the Galleria, the Embassy Suites was perfect because it was both. However that was just a start of our great experience. Upon our arrival we met Sherri Shepherd that was exciting. Then we got our rooms. The rooms were nice had a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy for my bottle water obsession. We travel a lot and sometimes stay in hotels with no refrigerators and I’m always stuck drinking warm water so I was very happy to have a one in my room. The room also had a beautiful flat screen TV that I enjoyed channel surfing on and watching the local news. The bathroom was huge I could fit my wheelchair and shower chair and I still had space to move around. Now to get to my favorite item in the room, which was the bed! It was gigantic and super comfortable! The big soft pillows were also so comfortable I didn’t want to get out of bed the morning of my performance. However, I had to if I wanted to catch the complementary breakfast every morning. And this wasn’t your regular bagel and coffee deal, I’m talking about a full cook to order breakfast you know omelets, bacon, home fries, French toast pancakes etc, and it was delicious too! And if that wasn’t enough in the evening the hotel also gives a free complimentary “happy hour” style drinks for guest. On one of the nights there was even a complimentary massage in the lobby. I don’t know what more you can ask for from a hotel. I was almost beginning to think I was like on some all-inclusive resort paid trip. Overall if you are in need of some rest & relaxation or just need a cozy place to stay while you are visiting Atlanta the Embassy suites is definitely the place. And the show was great by the way..Tapwaterz - 4 Wheel City!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tapwaterz
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed all of our great amenities! Although we aren't often referred to as a resort type of a hotel, we like your analogy and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites. In general, I really like them. The suites are perfect for a family with small kids. Kids can stay in one room while the parents get the other. It's great. However, when we stayed at this hotel last weekend, the noise from the atrium below was SO loud that there is no way anyone could have slept in the front room. It sounded like a riot at midnight and later. Our party called the front desk multiple times, were assured things would settle down, but nothing was ever done. There was a party going on in a ballroom that spilled out into the atrium. There were also roving bands of teenagers causing trouble and playing hide and seek in the hallways in the middle of the night. Nothing was ever done. I think the party paid too much money for the hotel management to really do anything about it, while the rest of us staying there got a raw deal. This was the second night of our stay. The first night was fine. So basically, it's a nice hotel unless they have a lot of hooligans partying downstairs, then you are out of luck.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay last month at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the banquet room and atrium noise been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact the General Manager if you have further concerns and I hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The suites were very clean and comfortable. All hotel amenities were in good working order it was especially nice to have an indoor pool and jacuzzi with the fall weather. Breakfast was very good but they could have used a bit of extra help or a buffet line over the weekend as there was a lengthy wait in line to be served. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your kind words about your stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria last month! We pride ourselves on our amenities and convenient location to the interstate and all that Atlanta has to offer. Thank you for your observation about the breakfast line over the weekend. While we do our best with signs throughout the hotel to encourage weekend guests to come to breakfast early to aviod lines for hot items, many choose to come eat during the last hour. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Atlanta!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Embassy Suites Hotel and were very pleased. We just stayed one night while passing through. I would highly recommend this hotel. The room was nice and roomy. The hotel's continental breakfast was the best we've ever had. They have made to order omlets, sausage, bacon, hasbrowns, fruit, french toast, muffins, coffee, juice, soft drinks, ect... There is also a pool and jacuzzi that we took advantage of. If I'm ever in the area again, I will be staying at this hotel. Great value!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your compliments on our hotel from your stay last month. You did an excellent job describing what our brand prides itself most on - value. We have much to offer with our true two-room spacious suites, and our managers reception and hot made-to-order breakfasts each day in our tropical atrium. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here while in town for business. Check in was fine, smooth and easy since there was no one else checking in at 8 PM.
The room was standard Embassy Suite, huge suite with flat screen TV; bedroom was sufficient, nice bed old school tube TV.
Breakfast looked to be awesome although I settled for the continental approach.

Would more than likely stay here again as it's convenient to where I'm in town for business.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us last month. We are indeed very convenient to many businesses in this part of Atlanta. You will also be pleased to know that we are getting flat screens like the ones in all of our living rooms for each bedroom soon. I have passed along your comments to our staff, and we look forward to your return visit next time you come to Atlanta!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I would not recommend going if there is a popular event nearby during the time of your stay. I don't know if it was because they were busy, but the staff never brought me extra pillows even when they said they would. They were even out of extra blankets...

Other than that, I really enjoyed the breakfast and slept OK at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests. We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was there for an event happening with the local convention hall a few blocks away. My roommate and I were carrying large and quite HEAVY things and were happy to hear about a shuttle service.. However.. This did not go as well as we hoped.

I had one shuttle driver tell me to meet at the back of the Convention Hall when it took over 45 minutes to get picked up at 11pm from the front, next 'nite? I got nearly " scolded " on the phone because they apparently don't go to the back of the convention hall so to go to the front. I got so frustrated that I walked to the front of the Waiverly so I could possibly grab the last shuttle back to my hotel so I didn't have to walk alone. This was over a Friday-Sunday...

Sunday; My friend and I went to a Steak n Shake.. got dropped off.. ate.. and called to be picked up.. the lady who answered the phone said the driver was out to get us and would be by ASAP. 30 minutes later the shuttle driver came by.. simply BECAUSE he knew it didn't take that long to be at a Steak n Shake and hadn't heard from the lady at the front.. he also picked up a gentleman from a CheeseCake Factory who said " I was wondering if I was going to eat my food on the side of the road~" in a semi joking manner, but he was also equally a little upset.

I never was angry at the drivers ever.. I loved those guys and they were so nice and they honestly were trying their best!! .. I was more upset at the ladies behind the counter.. who were saying they were doing something.. but in reality. .they weren't.. Walkie Talkies or some kinda communication between the drivers besides the ladies running out to tell them definatly needs to be in order.

This communication on Monday also frustrated us so badly we decided to leave early to go to the airport. Gave up on a driver and had to walk back with heavy items with a bad knee.

When we asked for a comment card the lady blinked at us and went " Well.. I can tear off a sheet of printer paper and you can write something there!" NOT Happy. We figured she knew we were upset so did not want to give us a real comment card.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the shuttle and front desk service have been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. After investigating I learned that during the time of your stay, the cell phone used by our van driver was lost and took a few days to be replaced. That is not an excuse, but the reason there was a breakdown in communication. We could have done a better job at the front desk of explaining that and for that we apologize. Additionally, Embassy Suites as a brand does not have a paper form for a comment card, but rather an online version via e-mail. Thank you again for your comments here, and we hope you will choose Embassy Suites for your future trips to the Atlanta area.