“Enjoyed our Stay!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #35 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 26, 2007

My husband and I went to Atlanta for a night to visit with family and to go to an NBA game the following day. Our check-in was quick and easy. Our room was a 2 room suite that was very nice. The bed was big with lots of pillows. It was ok as far as comfort. The hotel featured a "manager's reception" with cocktails, wine and beer in the
evening which was a nice time to relax after the drive. Since it was open to everyone at the hotel, you did have to wait for a drink, but not long at all. The next morning there was a hot breakfast. You could get your eggs made to order, in another line, or you could go the "buffet" way, which was just as good. The food was not stellar, however, it was filling and convenient for our time frame, plus it wasn't a drive-thru! Check-out was as simple and quick as check-in.

Overall, our stay was very nice. We would stay here again, plus it was very convenient to Phillips Arena, which was about a 20 minute drive (on a Sunday afternoon).

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Lawturtle

Reviewed March 23, 2007

I stayed there for a business conference that was conveniently across the street, so A+ for location. My son and husband came with me for a family weekender in Atlanta. Check-in was smooth, the room was very nice, especially the bedroom, great comfortable bed however,
when it came time to pull out the sofa bed for my son, there wasn't any linens for it. My husband had to go to the front desk and ask for linens, blanket and pillow. The next negative was the pool was closed. This isn't a huge deal unless you have an 11 year-old child who planned part of his trip around swimming. They were working on the pipes and had been for some extended period of time. My problem was they didn't have it posted on there website nor did they tell me this upon check-in or I would have changed hotels. They did finally offer me the pool across the street at the Renaissance Wavery but that included taking a shuttle to get there and not mention the inconvenience just to swim. Our hotel had an on-site restaurant, Jamie's, that seemed to have fairly decent menu. We decided to do a late lunch in there and to my surprise, it just wasn't that good. I ordered a salad that had shrimp in it and the shrimp was bad. It literally mushed in my fingers and smelled horrible. Apologies were made but nothing was done more than the normal "we didn't charge you for it." Of course they shouldn't charge me for it, it was a food poisioning waiting to happen. All in all I wouldn't stay at this hotel again due to so many complications.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank DananTN
Reviewed December 17, 2006

Stopped over for a night's stay at the ES-Galleria during a return trip from Florida. This hotel is located off I-75 in NW Atlanta (Exit #258) in an area dominated by businesses and office buildings. Check-in was smooth, friendly and uneventful....the accommodations were the standard ES layout -- i.e., living room area, bathroom and separate bedroom.....everything was clean and comfortable....nice king-size bed, but too many small pillows -- two good-sized, comfortable pillows would make sleeping better.....complimentary PC station in the lobby w/internet access for checking on e-mail, etc. a very nice touch.....also a small sundries shop....there is an in-house restaurant, but we didn't eat there (menu looked a little pricey, but unable to comment on the food)....comp breakfast was very good -- a little something for everyone -- all egg dishes are cooked to order, which is great, but during peak breakfast periods, you have to stand in line to place your egg/breakfast meat order....not very efficient....maybe have a station set up w/pre-made scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, etc. and let the cook-to-order station handle omelets, etc.....but the breakfast was hot and tasty.

Front desk very helpful in providing directions for nearby shopping, restaurants, etc....we had dinner at House of Chan (Chinese) a few minutes drive from the hotel -- very good!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank LawStudent
Reviewed June 15, 2006

Can't go wrong with those Hilton places,but the Embassy is still one of the best places to stay. From now on-I'm staying there!

10  Thank puglady
Reviewed April 16, 2006

This hotel was excellent stay for our family. We were in a one bedroom suite, room 804. It was spacious, clean and had all the conviencies you need. There were two televisions, a private bedroom and a kitchen area, complete with a sink. The bed was the best part. I couldn't get out of it that Sunday. The only thing we got up for was the full hot breakfast. The staff was so friendly and helpful too. I was surprised at the average cost for room service also. A burger and fries was the same price that I pay for at Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday and it was delicious. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2006
14  Thank Tosham
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!

My husband arrived late Saturday night to a hotel filled with Shriners! Yikes! But I got such a great welcome at the front desk, I forgot all about them.
I was greeting by two charming ladies, one was the weekend manager with by the name of Sharmika (forgive the spelling) and another lady. They were so pleasant and professional. They set us up in a room in a corner so we wouldn't be too bothered.
The breakfast in the morning was ABSOLUTELY to die for. Anything you want and they had a system in the kitchen where it took seconds to get the food. It was just a pleasure to watch them cook it all up!
Thanks so much! I will definetly be back!
Teresa Bell

• Stayed: March 2006
14  Thank spachick
Reviewed February 15, 2006

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms and breakfast were good. Location is average and houskeeping is just average. Workout room was fantastic!!!! Two flat panel tv's and state of the art equipment. Nice pool and spa. Now the negative. Their airport shuttle only begins to operate at 7AM. So if you have a flight that leaves before 9, you can't take it. They said I would need a taxi, and I asked how much that would be. They said $35. When I left a 5:30AM, they had a limo.taxi waiting outisde. Now I should have asked before I left the hotel, but when I got to the airport I was told it was $45!!!! So a word of caution, get your own taxi.

• Stayed: February 2006