“Best massage ever!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Although this Embassy Suites is older and not as nice as most I have stayed at, it has something that very few (if any) of the others offer . . . a great massage. We had just moved furniture and then rode 6 hours in the car on the start of our vacation. Our backs were so sore. I noticed a sign in the elevator for massage services in the hotel. Eagerly, we called and set up two massages. That night, two men appeared with a full array of massage essentials - tables, soft music, etc. They were very professional and friendly. I have had about six massages in the past few years and I can say that this one far exceeded any I had had before. My husband agreed. They worked all the kinks out in no time. We were very tempted to alter our travel plans on the return trip just to get another massage! Another great part to this was not having to even leave our room. Whenever we travel through Atlanta, we will stay at this Embassy Suites solely because of the massages.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

Thank you very much for your great review on our hotel. The Spa company we use for our guests - Favours Spa - has been a great partner company to work with and they also greatly appreciate your review. You can even find them a few nights a week offering complimentary ten minute chair massages in our atrium during our nightly manager's reception. We hope you return next time you are in the Atlanta area, and once again, thank you for your kind words!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed July 8, 2010

I took over a big project in the Atlanta area about 4 years ago. I was not familiar with the hotel "situation" at all and being a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I just opted to stay at the downtown Hilton on Courtland St. After a few stays there I grew VERY tired of that area and a friend recommended the Galleria area as there is an Embassy, Hampton Inn/Suites and Doubletree all within a 1/4 mile of each other.

I tried the Embassy Galleria and have been staying there ever since!

First off, the hotel is off the main road enough that traffic is not an issue.

The next good thing is that parking is absolutely free. There are no hidden charges.

The rooms were all upgraded last year - new furniture, new flat screen LCD TV's, new light fixtures, everything. was upgraded.

Breakfast area is big enough to handle a big crowd and the wait in the "egg line" is not bad at all most mornings. Fruit, juices, cereals and other items are plentiful.

Evening reception is great. I can't think of the girl's name who works behind the drink counter but she is awesome and always remembers my favorite drink even if I haven't been there in a few weeks.

Bar area is nice place to unwind in th evening and watch a sporting event.

The best thing about the location is that you'll never run out of things to do or places to eat. Cumberland Mall is a couple blocks away and offers several good upscale eateries. Cobb Energy Center is right next door for music and other entertainment.

Ok, now I sound like I'm marketing for the hotel. Long story short, this is a great place for this business traveler who spends a liot of time in the A-T-L.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

We can't thank you enough for this incredible testimonial! You really should be in Marketing! We are thrilled that you love our hotel for all of the reasons that make our brand so special, and that you have been returning for four years. You did an excellent job touching on the four things that make up Embassy's winning formula: our spacious new suites, our public lounge areas, our nightly manager's reception, and our hot, made to order, daily breakfast. Best of all you receive HHonors points for each stay since we are a member of the Hilton family of hotels. Many also don't realize that while we are convenient to downtown Atlanta, we are in a better area for retail, dining, and entertainment. We really do have the best of all worlds here! Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting you on a future stay to say thanks in person for this wonderful review!
Thanks and Warm Regards,
Dale Gustafson,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I moved to this Embassy after being dissapointed with the one in Buckhead during a 5 day trip to the Atlanta area. It is also an older property and as with the Buckhead location and again I found the living room to have very weak lighting. Pros: Room service was lightning quick and good quality. Also, there's no parking charge. Con: Biggest problem is the noise. During the manager's reception (5:30 - 7:30pm) you can hear a "roar" in the room from all the people down stairs. But I noticed it was still loud around 10pm. I looked out and there was still a lot of people downstairs, but there were several groups of people standing outside their rooms on various floors talking (loudly); people being inconsiderate is not a surprise, but I expect better management control from Embassey's - without having to complain. Another problem: at 6:30pm therer wasn't a towel to be found in the workout room (nor in the pool area). Someone went and notified the front desk and was told towels would be there soon. I stayed another 25 minutes or so, still no towels. Maybe there was a convention or something going on, but I decided this Embassy wasn't for me and left the next morning.

1  Thank JVBV

First of all, thank you very much for your candid comments about your stay with us. It is incredibly important to get feedback in order to improve our guest's experience. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel, and as such we get a high volume of families vacationing during the summer months. To address the summertime noise complaints we have hired security for overnight shifts and have recently instituted an overnight manager-on-duty program as well. We feel with the additional management presence we will minimize this noise problem. We also apologize for the lack of towels in the fitness center area. Again, with the high number of vacationers in each suite we occaisionally have demand issues with towels.
Secondly, we wish to encourage you to not give up on the Embassy Suite brand in the Atlanta area! If an atrium hotel is not the best suited design for you, we do have a brand new Embassy suites we suggest that is just a few miles up the interstate in the Atlanta suburb of Kennesaw that has a new, modern architectural design with no atrium, so it tends to be much quieter, yet you still have all of the other value added benefits of an Embassy Suites.
Lastly, we thank you for your positive comments as well. Again, all of your feedback is very valuable to us.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

There were some mixed reviews here, so when I heard the hotel was sold out our first night there I was a little nervous. But you couldn't tell by the service, noise level or room quality that the hotel was full. And we never had to wait on an elevator.
SERVICE:
Service was excellent. The woman who checked us in was able to find us a room with 2 dbls when we'd been told there were none to be had. The gentleman who worked in the bar couldn't have been nicer. The bellboys and the manager were all friendly and helpful. My only criticism was the attitude of the young man cooking the breakfast. He obviously didn't like his job and didn't mind people knowing it.
ROOM:
Our room was everything we needed, and the beds were VERY comfortable. I'd read about the noise level from the lobby, but wasn't bothered at all, and our kids sleeping in the outer room didn't complain either.
FOOD:
The free breakfast was very good and cooked to order each morning. This is such a huge plus, especially when travelling with 3 teenagers! We ordered some appetizers late one evening from the bar and they were excellent.
AMENITIES:
The kids enjoyed the pool, and were usually the only ones in there. The business center was very useful, since my laptop died on my first day there. The homey atmosphere in the atrium made it very comfortable to sit and chat and have a drink. We even brought friends back from a concert across the street to have a drink, and they were quite impressed.

Biggest plus - I left my daughters brand new earrings (cz, but who knew?) by the pool one night and she left a message at the front desk about it. Before we checked out, one of the maids came to the room with the earrings - said she'd found them by the pool! That was 2 days earlier - that in itself will make me want to return!

All five of us agree, this was a great choice in hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel! Your thorough critique will help us commend the staff members that made a great impression in each department and will help us fine tune any area of improvement. We're so glad your family enjoyed our spacious rooms and amenities and we appreciate you mentioning you did not experience noise problems since we very rarely hear any complaints about atrium noise. I know other travellers reading reviews like yours must appreciate the detailed information you shared. Please remember to stay with us again when you return to the Atlanta area and thank you again!

Reviewed June 9, 2010

The hotel is clean, beautifully decorated & has a wonderful restaurant.
It's close to excellent restaurants, malls, highways etc
I will be back every week for the rest of year and look forward to my home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2010

We can't thank you enough for posting a perfect review on our hotel! The fact that you've chosen to stay with us each week until the end of the year speaks volumes to other travellers about how you feel about our hotel and service. We are so glad to have you as our guest and really appreciate your positive feedback!

Reviewed June 7, 2010

My family and I were in town for a wedding, the location was very convienant to downtown. the room and the hotel in general was very clean. the room was very comforable and breakfast was great. After we checked out we noticed that my daughter had forgotten her bracelet, I called the housekeeping supervisor who personally went to our room found it and delivered it to the front desk for me to pick up on my way home. We will definately stay here again

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Great place with great food in the on-site restaurant/bar. Had a problem with double-booking because of plan change...however, Embassy Suites quickly, efficiently, and politely took care of the problem and refunded the double-booking.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

We're so glad you had a great stay with us! Thanks very much for the positive comments on our restaurant, and I'm glad our front desk resolved your double booking issue to your satisfaction. Reviews help us improve and are a great testimony to other travelers who may be considering our hotel when in Atlanta. We hope to welcome you back sometime soon!