“Our Christmas Home”

Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Apopka, Florida
“Our Christmas Home”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I met my parents for a Christmas vacation in Atlanta and we stayed for a week. We looked forward to the delicious breakfast and daily happy hour to unwind from the day. Our room was spacious and beautiful. We were close enough to downtown Atlanta but not right in the city. The manager even gave my husband and I his extra free tickets to the Cobb Energy Center show for free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Alorawill,
Thank you for your positive feedback about your experience with us. Your comments help us know what we're doing right and also let other potential guests know why they should check us out. We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and all of it's amenities. We look foward to having you back with us the next time you return to Atlanta!
Warm Thanks and Regards,
Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We needed a hotel for a conference, and The Embassy Suites was right where we needed to be.
We managed to get a suite for a few more dollars, and that was an excellent decision.
This ES is clearly the nicest we've ever experienced. Nice lobby; good desk service, prompt; well laid out; clean, spacious rooms.
A real breakfast is included as is the happy hour.
Parking is convenient and free; near major routes, but not affected by road noise.
The breakfast features made-to-order eggs, omelets, meats...quickly prepared and nice portions.
Excellent experience!!

Room Tip: I'd suggest a suite, if you are more than one person. Work space, small refrigerator, very comf...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Eugene E,
We greatly appreciate your kind words about your stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria last month! We pride ourselves on our amenities and convenient location to the interstate and all that Atlanta has to offer. We appreciate your observation about our complimentary breakfast . Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Atlanta!
Warm Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As a Hilton rewards member we've stayed in this hotel several times. We won't be back. Check in went great. Were even able to check in a little early. They had the cocktail reception but only one person making drinks so it took forever, we just left. The free breakfast was not good. The hotel was full so we waited in a long line to find out there were no plates. We got in another line at a buffet that was over to the side. There were plates and a hotel worker was trying to light the flames underneath the food holders, to late. The food was cold. We traveled with another couple who had a non working toilet. They called to have it repaired but ended up fixing it himself. We just left. Enjoyed this hotel at first but we'll stay somewhere else near the Cobb Energy next time for our concert.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
Dear Karen W,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding your breakfast experience and lines at the reception has been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. I assure you your experience here was not the norm for us. Please feel free to contact the me if you have further concerns and we are glad you found us to be a convenient hotel to the Cobb Energy Center. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed April 2, 2014

As a Hilton Honors member, it pains me to write this review.

Pros: Directly off I-75
Next to Cobb Energy Centre
Cumberland Mall
Free parking
Breakfast included

Cons: Not being properly cleaned. My only con is a biggie. Bathroom not clean, blood on the door frame, "bedbug in bedding?"

I won't go back and don't recommend although I am sure cleaning is lacking because they are nearly always at full capacity.

(I do have pictures but am doing this review on my phone and not sure I can attach.)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lovejones4u
Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear LoveJones4u,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review we are actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. We can assure you however that there is to truth to your bug allegation. Both the hotel and you would most assuredly know for certain if this had been the case. Thank you again; we appreciate your honest feedback.
Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
North Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I arrived at the this hotel expecting Embassy Suites' signature top notch service and accommodations and I was not disappointed. The service staff were most helpful and friendly and the suite was spotlessly clean. The breakfasts and manager's receptions were outstanding.The gym was very nice but I did not have an opportunity to use it. The shuttle to the Galleria was available and I used it daily. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear SCTraveler069,
Thank you very much for your five star Trip Advisor review! Our team here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria works hard to keep loyal guests like you happy. While we're known for being a great hotel brand for business travelers, we're just as popular with vacationing families. I'll definitely pass along your compliments and we look forward to your next wonderful stay with us when you return to Atlanta. Thank you again very much!
Dale Gustafson, Sales Director
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a joke. Period. I had positive thoughts when I walked into the beautiful lobby, buall when I got into my room all I could think about was leaving! My room (#519) was DISCUSTING!!! THE room smelled like smoke, which made my allergies act up horribly! I cannot stress how dirty the room was!!! There were scuff marks on the walls, water stains on the ceiling,the window was smeared, there was a mysterious dried white liquid on the chair!! Yuck!! And perhaps the worst was that there was a hideous black stain on the pull out couch matress, black mold on the grout in the bathroom, and a horrifying "Mystery substance on the door! Gross!!! My children were so appalled! No one got any sleep at all and we were stressed out, tired, and angry with our gross experience!!! The only reason I give this place two stars is because it had a nice hot breakfast and friendly staff. Otherwise, it was HORRIBLE!!! And management, you need to do some SERIOUS improvements before I will ever recommend this place!! Overall, a very stressful expirence and I ADVISE YOU TO STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Jake D,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review we are actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again; we appreciate your honest feedback.
Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for business a few times a year since 2006. Recently, I have felt that this hotel has lost its luster and it's falling below the expectations one would have for an Embassy Suites. The kitchen ran out of all meats for breakfast omelets this week and when I decided to opt for the oatmeal instead the there wasn't any left at 7:30am. I was told that another batch would be ready soon. After 10 minutes, I just got a couple of yogurts and went to my room. As a Gold/diamond Hilton Honors member we usually get a few complimentary waters and snacks. I made the front desk aware that they were not delivered to the room and I was told that someone would be right up. No one came. That afternoon I went again to the front desk and was given the water and told that someone would be right up to deliver the rest. No one came. When I met a few coworkers in the entrance sitting area, later that day, the front desk attendant looked at me turned away quickly and picked up the phone. I can only assume that she forgot to call someone to deliver the asked for the promised goods. Again no one came.

I also had issues with room 915. The drain in the shower did not work. I made the cleaning person aware of it and she said that it's been broken for a while. That she will call someone to fix it. The next morning when I went to take a shower I saw that someone stuck a Popsicle stick in the drain mechanism to keep it open. This fix is unacceptable and not worthy if the Embassy Suites brand.

I was informed that I had to stay an extra two days to meet with another client. I opted out of extending my stay here and decided to go to the new Hyatt property down the street where my other coworker was staying and raved about.

Hope management can turn this hotel around.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HYRLUV
Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear HYRLUV,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent restaurant visit and stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. We are sorry we did not satisfy your expectations with our restaurant service. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience, and we are thankful for guest feedback. I assure you measures have been taken to improve in the future. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Warm Thanks and Regards,