“Lost its shine”

Ranked #40 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“Lost its shine”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for business a few times a year since 2006. Recently, I have felt that this hotel has lost its luster and it's falling below the expectations one would have for an Embassy Suites. The kitchen ran out of all meats for breakfast omelets this week and when I decided to opt for the oatmeal instead the there wasn't any left at 7:30am. I was told that another batch would be ready soon. After 10 minutes, I just got a couple of yogurts and went to my room. As a Gold/diamond Hilton Honors member we usually get a few complimentary waters and snacks. I made the front desk aware that they were not delivered to the room and I was told that someone would be right up. No one came. That afternoon I went again to the front desk and was given the water and told that someone would be right up to deliver the rest. No one came. When I met a few coworkers in the entrance sitting area, later that day, the front desk attendant looked at me turned away quickly and picked up the phone. I can only assume that she forgot to call someone to deliver the asked for the promised goods. Again no one came.

I also had issues with room 915. The drain in the shower did not work. I made the cleaning person aware of it and she said that it's been broken for a while. That she will call someone to fix it. The next morning when I went to take a shower I saw that someone stuck a Popsicle stick in the drain mechanism to keep it open. This fix is unacceptable and not worthy if the Embassy Suites brand.

I was informed that I had to stay an extra two days to meet with another client. I opted out of extending my stay here and decided to go to the new Hyatt property down the street where my other coworker was staying and raved about.

Hope management can turn this hotel around.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HYRLUV
Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear HYRLUV,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent restaurant visit and stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. We are sorry we did not satisfy your expectations with our restaurant service. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience, and we are thankful for guest feedback. I assure you measures have been taken to improve in the future. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Warm Thanks and Regards,
Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel while traveling on business. In my years of traveling on business I typically have SOME kind of critique at every place I lay my head. I honestly can't think of one thing I would change- Joy at the front desk went above and beyond, was very helpful. Room was clean, nice, and I actually slept through the night unlike other hotels I've been through. The restaurant had a nice selection and the food was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JCSalespro,

Thanks for posting such a great review! We're so glad our team was helpful to you in your time of need. We love hearing stories like this about our team, and we'll be sure to share your praise with them. We hope to see you again next time you return to Atlanta.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Pittsboro, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is located very close to the free way and there is a nice mall just across the free way. The mattress in my room was very hard. I had a tough time getting to sleep and staying asleep. The complimentary breakfast was pretty darn good. The evening 'reception' with free wine/beer/mixed drinks was very nice as well. If they'd just replace those old hard mattresses it would have been heaven. The groups do get a little loud in the evening with the 'free' drinks. I think this could have bothered us if we had been on a lower floor. We were on the top floor so we couldn't hear them until we opened the door to our room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dale G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear James P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. I am sorry that we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the mattress been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your visit otherwise, and we hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the area.
Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director
Washington, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent services. Easy access from I-75. Good parking. Very courteous staff. GREAT complementary breakfast. Great suite. Quick walk across the street to Cobb Energy Center. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Emory Allen B,
Thanks for your kind words in your TripAdvisor review! We're so glad you found our hotel to be convenient and family friendly and that you ejoyed all of our amenities. We'll be sure to share your praise with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta! Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.
Tucker
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Location very good, 8 miles to downtown, 15 to Six Flags. Spent Fri, Sat & Sun night. Place was super busy. A lot of families with a lot of kids. Breakfast lines were long & with 2 lines, 1 for eggs & 1 buffet type for sausage, bacon, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, etc. Took us nearly 25 minutes Saturday to get complete breakfast. Sunday we learned, wife in one line, me in another. Other Embassy's I've been at (over 15) have scrambled eggs in buffet line. So you only need to be in the egg line if you want fried eggs, omelets, etc. Otherwise stay was pretty good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael R,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the long lines and breakfast have been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. We hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the area.
Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for my wife to attend a conference, and had my teenage kids along for a mini-vacation. Location was excellent with easy access to Downtown Atlanta, and lots of excellent restaurants nearby. Service was overall very good. My daughter had a stomach bug the first night, and they really helped us out as far as cleaning up the room and even asking about her the next day. My only real critique is in regard to the breakfast. The first couple of days all of the hot foods were where you had to order them, and at times there were 20-30 people in line waiting for food. The oatmeal ran out a couple of times, and overall they seemed to have trouble keeping up and being organized with that. Other than that - everything else was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear wxinms1,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your to our hotel and appreciate your business. I was very happy to read from you review that you enjoyed our location and friendly staff. Thanks also for the breakfast comments. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming and comfortable stay with us. Again I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel! Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Ten Mile, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We chose this hotel due to its closeness to Cobb Energy Performing Arts Theatre. We arrived early; the lady at the front desk said she would notify housekeeping, and off we went for 2 1/2 hours. When we returned, no progress.....then continuous excuses and stalls about checking in. Took us four trips to the front desk to get the correct keys for our room. Apparently a new computer system that had the staff totally frazzled. Housekeeping seems totally understaffed; we saw people as late as 6PM with luggage standing by for check in. The front desk needs some customer service skills, and management needs to be more aware. The property is fine; the front desk staff much less than fine. Laslow, the shift engineer, took care of us and seemed to be the only one that cared about the customers. He is an asset to this company. He went up to the room to see about housekeeping; helped us with our luggage, and finally got the key fiasco resolved.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rh 10mile,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding your front desk and housekeeping experiences have been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact the me if you have further concerns. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.