I have been coming here for business a few times a year since 2006. Recently, I have felt that this hotel has lost its luster and it's falling below the expectations one would have for an Embassy Suites. The kitchen ran out of all meats for breakfast omelets this week and when I decided to opt for the oatmeal instead the there wasn't any left at 7:30am. I was told that another batch would be ready soon. After 10 minutes, I just got a couple of yogurts and went to my room. As a Gold/diamond Hilton Honors member we usually get a few complimentary waters and snacks. I made the front desk aware that they were not delivered to the room and I was told that someone would be right up. No one came. That afternoon I went again to the front desk and was given the water and told that someone would be right up to deliver the rest. No one came. When I met a few coworkers in the entrance sitting area, later that day, the front desk attendant looked at me turned away quickly and picked up the phone. I can only assume that she forgot to call someone to deliver the asked for the promised goods. Again no one came.
I also had issues with room 915. The drain in the shower did not work. I made the cleaning person aware of it and she said that it's been broken for a while. That she will call someone to fix it. The next morning when I went to take a shower I saw that someone stuck a Popsicle stick in the drain mechanism to keep it open. This fix is unacceptable and not worthy if the Embassy Suites brand.
I was informed that I had to stay an extra two days to meet with another client. I opted out of extending my stay here and decided to go to the new Hyatt property down the street where my other coworker was staying and raved about.
Hope management can turn this hotel around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria, you'll wake up every morning to a delicious and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast featuring our signature omelets. At night, be sure to stop by our Evening Reception to mingle with other guests and enjoy complimentary cocktails and snacks.We are conveniently located across from the Cobb Galleria Centre, perfect for business travelers and leisure travelers looking to attend shows at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. With easy access to many highways, getting to local area attractions is a breeze! Our hotel features spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas, 2 televisions, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and work desk with two telephones and data port. Stay in touch during your stay with complimentary Internet access. Make the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria hotel your home away from home while visiting the Atlanta, GA area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta
- Embassy Suites Atlanta
- Atlanta Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Atlanta Galleria Hotel