“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Price”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #36 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here April 10th to 15th. We were in town for a convention at the Cobb Galleria and from the time we arrived, we had not a complaint about anything. It was our first stay at an Embassy Suites and definitely will not be our last.
The room far exceeded our expectations in all aspects. It was large, comfortable, clean and in spite of a couple of conferences and quite a few families staying in the hotel, we experienced no loss of sleep or problems with noise. We personally loved the way that all the rooms have windows facing inward on the atrium and overlooking the lobby. It gave the place a warm "homey" feel, whereas another nearby hotel had all solid walls facing inward and gave it a more commercial, industrial look.
Each time we left or arrived the hotel we were greeted with a smile and a hello by the staff at the front desk. They always asked if there was anything we needed, shuttled us around and readily helped us with tips on restaurants or shopping. The shuttle drivers were all great, arriving within a very quick time to pick you up and take you where you wanted within a 3 mile radius.
The breakfasts were prepared fresh and were quite tasty and the staff there was also very friendly, taking the time to chat with you and not being familiar with southern cuisine, would give us a small sample to see if we would like it.
We have even talked about coming back to Atlanta just because of this hotel!

Room Tip: Excellent value for your dollar. We stayed in a corner room, on the far side from the elevators. It...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Sydney_NS_Couple,
We're glad your stay was great! We have many convention attending guests stay with us because of the convenience of being right next door. We especially appreciate your comments about our van drivers and restaurant staff, and we have passed along your kind words to each of them. We're glad you found our location convenient as well. We look forward to seeing you back soon, and thanks again for your kind words!
Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director

Reviewed June 24, 2013

First off I am an HHonors member. Teenagers run wild through the property until all hours and management does nothing about it. They bang on the piano in the lobby half the night and scream in the atrium. You can't even work on your computer in the living room area of your suite because of them. The rooms are run down and dated; my microwave oven is broken, the rotating plate does not rotate; the toilet flapper does not seal so it runs all the time; one of the TV remotes is a replacement that does not work half the time; i stepped on a piece of glass in the bathroom and had to pull it out of my heel; the fridge must be low on freon because my water bottles froze in in overnight; the faucet in the bar sink is loose; the footstool/coffee table is torn and has dried food gook on it. I wish I had a decent camera with me so I could video the atrium right now and show the kids yelling and running wild in the atrium and document the dried gook on the footstool and running toilet. If I was paying full price for this atrocity of a Embassy Suites I would be at the front desk right now demanding extra HHonors points for putting up with the noise and run down room. Oh, I am stuck here 3 more nights because I am prepaid and cannot get a refund. Don't make the same mistake I made...stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ICClearly
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear ICClearly,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay in our suite and assure you we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.
Thank you again, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed two nights in mid-June. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. The suite-style room was ideal for us - our infant daughter could sleep in the bedroom while we stayed in the living room area (or vice-versa.) Manager's reception every night and free breakfast. A great value for $99/night!!

It was a quick walk across the street to the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center and less than 1 mile drive to Cumberland Mall which had great restaurants.

My only critique of the hotel would be that the shower fixtures could use updating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear CaliCohens,
Thank you for staying with us recently at The Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria. We are so glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay and memorable experience as this is exactly our goal...to create good memories. We're pleased you had such a great experience. We look forward to your return soon if you return to Atlanta. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel was clean but needs some updating in the lobby and food areas. The managers reception was good on Saturday night but very sparse on Sunday night. The breakfast line to order omelets was a long wait and there were not enough tables for everyone. The omelets were good, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Bonnie H,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Don't get me wrong. I love a party as much as the next guy but the room above me was shakin' til 2am. Guess security had the night off or there is no curfew at this location. Also worth noting was the lack of the typical Diamond perks when I checked in to the room. Hotel could use a little sprucing up but it is probably functional for the concert goers across the street at the performing arts facility. Management needs to step up and get a better handle on this hotel. I've always been an Embassy Suites fan. Let's keep the brand the best it can be.

Room Tip: Maybe you can complain at 2am if your neighbors are crazy but by then it's too late. Come on se...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Bob B,
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. As you can see from numerous other Good and Excellent TripAdvisor ratings about our hotel, we clearly dropped the ball. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests! We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Thank you for your feedback.
Dale Gustafson, Sales Director

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have only good things to say about this Hotel. Exceeded all expectations! Beds very comfortable! Evening Reception was the best I have ever experienced!!Free drinks and great snacks!I will most defiantly be returning to this Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Cindy P,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel in a positive light. Our complimentary hot made-to-order breakfast and complimentary evening reception are two of our most popular amenities. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria the next time you visit our area!
Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I last reviewed this location in February 2012. At that time I gave it the highest rating and called it my favorite hotel in N Atlanta.

I have stayed at this location twice in 2013 - in February and in May - and both times experienced some housekeeping issues. In February there was a bobby pin on the floor of my bathroom when I checked in. I stayed for two nights and the bobby pin never moved during that time. Also, during that stay I had to call the have a coffee maker delivered because mine was missing. I did not report any issues to the management in February. Because of my long history staying at this location I assumed that this was an anomaly.

When I returned in May I was sitting at the desk in my room working when I looked down and saw a flossing pick in the floor between the desk and the wall. I decided to report the problems to the management and sent an email to the address provided on the welcome letter in the room (complete with photo of the flossing pick). The next morning I killed a roach in the room and saw that my email had bounced because the manager's email address had changed. I resent the message to the new address provided by the out of office response and added the information about the roach. I did receive a phone call from the director of housekeeping that day after I checked out. She advised that she would address the matter with her staff. I told her that I would return but frankly it might be a while.

The elements of this location that I wrote of previously - cooked to order breakfast and managers reception - continue to be outstanding, but room cleanliness trumps a lot of other elements in my assessment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Cindy P,
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our sincere regret that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. As you mentioned in your review, these situations are not indicative of our normal level of hotel service. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests. We appreciate your comments and assure you that the room cleanliness issues have been addressed, and we now have a new Housekeeping Director. We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future visit. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.