“Frequent Guest Here - Recent Housekeeping Challenges”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #38 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Arlington, Texas
“Frequent Guest Here - Recent Housekeeping Challenges”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I last reviewed this location in February 2012. At that time I gave it the highest rating and called it my favorite hotel in N Atlanta.

I have stayed at this location twice in 2013 - in February and in May - and both times experienced some housekeeping issues. In February there was a bobby pin on the floor of my bathroom when I checked in. I stayed for two nights and the bobby pin never moved during that time. Also, during that stay I had to call the have a coffee maker delivered because mine was missing. I did not report any issues to the management in February. Because of my long history staying at this location I assumed that this was an anomaly.

When I returned in May I was sitting at the desk in my room working when I looked down and saw a flossing pick in the floor between the desk and the wall. I decided to report the problems to the management and sent an email to the address provided on the welcome letter in the room (complete with photo of the flossing pick). The next morning I killed a roach in the room and saw that my email had bounced because the manager's email address had changed. I resent the message to the new address provided by the out of office response and added the information about the roach. I did receive a phone call from the director of housekeeping that day after I checked out. She advised that she would address the matter with her staff. I told her that I would return but frankly it might be a while.

The elements of this location that I wrote of previously - cooked to order breakfast and managers reception - continue to be outstanding, but room cleanliness trumps a lot of other elements in my assessment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Cindy P,
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our sincere regret that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. As you mentioned in your review, these situations are not indicative of our normal level of hotel service. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests. We appreciate your comments and assure you that the room cleanliness issues have been addressed, and we now have a new Housekeeping Director. We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future visit. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
KyMom1
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here on Friday, June 7, 2013 as a stopover on our way to Disney World. We could not have made a better choice! It is located right off of I-285 near a mall and office park, so it's easy to get to, and we felt like we were in a safe area. The check in was quick, and the front desk staff members were very helpful with directions. Our room was very quiet, clean, and with comfortable bedding. I was really impressed with the Crabtree & Evelyn bath items! We also ordered takeout dinner at the bar and grill. I had a club sandwich, which was very filling and tasted great. The kids' meal that my son had was a little small, but he wasn't terribly hungry, so that was okay. The next morning, we took advantage of the hotel's extensive complimentary breakfast. They had everything from cooked to order items (omelettes, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes) and other food such as oatmeal, pastries, cereal, coffee, juices, and milk. I ordered an omelette with onions, cheese, and bacon, and it was the BEST omelette I've ever had!! I even made a point of complimenting the lovely ladies who made it.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king-sized bed, and it was very quiet. Also had a view of the performing arts...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear KyMom1,
Thanks for your kind words in your TripAdvisor review! We're so glad you found our hotel to be convenient and family friendly and that you ejoyed all of our amenities. We'll be sure to share your praise with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta! Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.
Saint Johns, Fl., United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Embassy Suites are our favorite hotel. This one was not as nice (plush) as all others. The meals are "canned" type food. No waiters, wine stewards, personal face to face wth servers. It is like a Holiday Inn Express. You serve yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Alfred E,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, and your feedback will definitely help us continue to improve.
Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Don't bother. It's average to poor. This quality of this Hilton property has eroded over the last two years. Cons: *No safe in room *No mini-fridge *AC worked...at times *Smoking right outside the front door Pros: *Cheaper than the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center *Free breakfast (scrambled are the only way to get your eggs other than in an omelet)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Jeanette C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely happy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director
Powder Springs, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We had a very clean comfortable room and by far the best breakfast we've had in a hotel (omelets, pancakes, made to order). We missed the manager's reception because we arrived as it was ending, but we'll will definitely use an Embassy Suite again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Rose M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Excellent Service, Excellent accommodations. Just plain excellent! Highly Recommend to anyone! Check was smooth, the free cocktails made for a great ending to our long day of travels and the cooks in the morning make a "mean" omelette with all the "fixins". Everyone had excellent service and the rooms were very clean and nicely laid out!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
You are so kind to post this great review! Returning guests are our best example of quality service. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your business. Thank you again also for your great testimonial, and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit!
Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Warner Robins, GA, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We love staying at an Embassy Suite. When traveling, we always stay there if there is one available. The motel is always clean, and the bedroom always is large and has a king size bed. The managers reception always is a treat and has my margaritas! Embassy Suites has the best breakfast anywhere! Where else can you go and order how you want your omlette? I would definitely recommend this motel. There is shopping and good restaurants close. This motel is good for us as we are retired and want to stay all night in Atlanta. The price is very reasonable and you get a lot!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Wilda R,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment about your experience. we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and breakfast at the hotel. I am glad you had a nice experience and we appreciate you sharing this with the Tripadvisor community. We hope that we will see you again soon when you return to the area. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales & Marketing