“Never again”

Ranked #35 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Arlington, Texas
“Never again”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is old and in need of some serious updating. Popcorn ceilings, water spots on the bathroom ceiling, peeling wallpaper, air didn't work, and it never felt quite clean to me. The snacks at the reception were vending machine quality. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelingyogi82
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Travelingyogi82,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Indiana
Reviewed November 28, 2012

At the moment I have the heater set at 87 and it's still cold in the room.

The Internet reception in the bedroom is unusable.

The Internet reception in the living room is useable but very slow.

The drinks at the manager's reception are fine. There are signs stating you must show a room key to get a drink but I wasn't asked to show any type of proof I was staying here. The drink-person was too busy talking to her friends to be friendly to me.

I do find it curious that in all the comments the manager makes in response to the reviews he says the rooms were renovated recently. I wonder what "recently" means because our room has gouges in the bathroom floor, otherwise the room is fine (except for the heat). 15 minutes later now, the room is warming up somewhat but nowhere near 87 . The really bad thing I've noticed is that because of the location of the handles for the bathroom sink water gets the whole counter wet. I had to put a towel at the front of the sink to soak the excess water up.

A little nit-picking now. The wet-sink in the hallway has no hot water hooked up to it even though there is a hot-water handle.

We are going to a concert at the Cobb Center tomorrow night and this is a short walk away from the hotel. The front-desk person also offered the free shuttle service to us.

This is not a bad Embassy Suites but it's also not an outstanding one either.

They do have a nice display of Christmas trees this time of year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike3412
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Mike 3412,
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests. We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 23, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I stay in Embassy Suites around the country frequently and this is one of the worst I have experienced in my travels.

When getting into bed, I slipped my feet under the covers only to find that the sheets were torn and my feet went right onto the mattress. It was already close to midnight, so I asked that they change the sheets the following day. When I returned from working the next day, they had made up the room but had not changed the sheets. I had to request it again and they finally fixed it.

The first night I was there, I sat down in the sports bar on site to get something to eat. After 10 minutes of no attention from the staff (they were not busy), someone finally walked over, threw a menu on the table and left me without even asking what I wanted to drink. I promptly stood up and walked out and went somewhere else to eat. Also, the breakfast was of subpar quality for an Embassy Suites.

The staff at this hotel really lacks basic customer service training, from the front desk to the bar to the housekeeping. This is something that could easily be fixed. Putting the emphasis on the customer is a very easy thing to fix.

Overall, this property is clearly very old. There were chips in the door, wallpaper peeling off around the windows and you could just tell that very little pride or money has been put into this property in a long time.

Bottom line, I will certainly not return here in the future. There are too many other better options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LucWise
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear LucWise,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Embassy Suites, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We have already made sure to discuss your comments with our housekeeping staff as well as our front desk staff. We can assure you that our main goal is for all our guests to feel welcome. We hope that the service recovery credit of one night's stay on your bill helped make up for our shortfalls. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Warm Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family stayed here for the weekend. We booked the presidential suite (2 bedrooms, living area, etc) but there was nothing presidential about it. The hotel is old and rundown and not the typical quality we would expect from Hilton brand hotels. The furnishings were old and outdated and a few things in our room was broken. This hotel needs a renovation badly in order to compete with other hotels in the area. The cooked to order breakfast was okay, but could have been better. This hotel was subpar and left alot to be desired. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our Presidential Suite. We have two of them and they were the only suites not renovated a few years ago when the total hotel was renovated.. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. As a matter of fact, we've just been approved with funding to renovate both Presidential Suites, and the interior designer was here just yesterday to come up with a new design for the renovation for those two suites. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, we will be sure to address our team to ensure that we make the necessary improvements. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.
ctyadmcc
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed for one night travelling cross country. The location was convenient to the interstate. Parking was no problem. The room was nice - standard Embassy. Breakfast was fine. I've stayed at a number of Embassy's and this was up to the standards of the others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear ctyadmcc,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta. Thanks again and warm regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Daytona Beach
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I go to Embassy Suites for little getaways. Got a decent pizza at the bar, but any other food from there isn't very good. The breakfasts that this hotel is so famous for, not so good here - stale danish, ran out of coffee, milk, juice and ice before 10:00 a.m. Long line for eggs, french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy (stale biscuits) and canned gravy.

THREE TIMES we asked the front desk to look into the foul smell in the room.

Had to wait until 3:30 to get our room cleaned the second day we where there. Had to sit in the bar waiting for them to clean the room.

The dining area was FREEZING!!!!!

But on the bright note, the pool was heated and the whirlpool was heaven

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvhim
Dear Luvhim,
Fort Benning, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed overnight last Saturday at this hotel. I called on Friday before booking a room here since there were other hotels I was considering. I asked if the pool was heated because one of our primary concerns with the hotel we were going to pick was the pool and its hours. I was told on the phone that this pool was heated and was open from 7am to midnight. We actually left Six Flags early on Saturday to check in because my family wanted to use the pool. That was a HUGE mistake. The pool was so cold that our year old baby was shivering within the first five minutes. My husband refused to go in above his waist and only went that deep because he was holding the baby's float. My teenager went in knee deep and immediately went and sat in the hot tub. I went in and had to get out immediately. We are originally from Michigan and can take some pretty cold water without complaining, but this was too cold even for us. The hot tub was warmer than what most hotels have theirs set at, or maybe it just felt that way since I was numb from the couple of minutes in the pool. Needless to say my husband removed the baby as soon as she started shivering (this is the baby that plays in her pool with water straight out of the hose and never has a problem) and took her up to the room to warm up. I was going to stay in the hot tub for a few minutes, but since the pool was so cold the "family" (they had about 15 kids with one parent for an obvious sleepover birthday party at the hotel with 20 people in one hotel room) that was also in the pool area couldn't get in the pool water either. This meant that the hot tub became a "play area." The kids began jumping over the wall between the hot tub and the pool as a game to see who could get in the freezing cold water. Since I was in the hot tub, I also became an obstacle so I was kicked, stepped on, and fallen on (and I have the bruises to prove it.) Now the kids behavior has nothing to do with the hotel, but I think they would have probably happily played in the pool if it wasn't going to cause hypothermia or frostbite within five minutes. As far as the room, it was decent. It is what you would expect from a hotel in this price range. The breakfast was comparable to any hot breakfast available at most hotels. We didn't try the omletes because the line was longer than we felt like waiting. The managers reception was decent. It's hard to be excited and write a good review about a decent hotel when you feel that the receptionist lied in order to get your business. On check out in the morning I was asked how my experience was and told them that everything was ok except for the pool was not heated. I was told that their were kids swimming in it right then and it was normally heated so they didn't know what the problem was. *shaking head* Love it when a business treats you like your lying about part of their service when you are giving an honest opinion. Anyway, as I said, nothing really special about this hotel. It is average for the price paid. If you are going for the pool, I wouldn't count on it being warm enough to swim in. We have been in a lot of hotel pools. We are rewards members for both Marriott and the Intercontinental (Holiday Inn) brands. We have stayed so many days at those brands over the last couple of years that when we moved to the Columbus area and we were waiting for our house to be finished we actually stayed for about a month and a half between those two brands just from our earned reward points...that's a lot of hotel stays to get that many points. I have NEVER felt a hotel pool that was this cold. The whole reason I chose this hotel versus the Marriott I was planning on staying at turned out to be a huge disappointment. I really wish I would have stuck with the brand that has never disappointed me then my family would have enjoyed our time rather than being disappointed and sitting in our room instead of swimming like we had planned. The poor service rating is for the original lie about the pool being heated and the checkout acting as if I was lying to her. The service at the manager's reception was good and so was check in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Joi K,
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved and expected during your recent stay. We apologize for the cold pool and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. Our pool is routinely checked, and I truly apologize that this inconvenience occurred during your stay. Again, our goal was never to deceive you or any guest about our amenities; this however was just an unforeseen issue. We will be sure to have the pool repaired immediately and we hope you and your family will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. We would love another opportunity to provide an exceptional stay for you all. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.