“Great property terrific location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Great property terrific location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

My daughter and I spent the weekend at this property. I won the 2 night stay and tickets to the Atlanta Opera through their Christmas tree photo contest. The front desk was friendly and very helpful. Little did we know when we arrived we would be in the middle of a tornado warning. During the time we had to stay in a downstairs room, the staff checked on us, brought us blankets to sit on, and water bottles. While the rest of our stay was uneventful, it was very relaxing. We enjoyed the pool, the manager's cocktail party and of course the wonderful ful breakfast. The Cobb Energy Center is across the street and a very easy walk from the property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear DLGriggs,

Nothing like a weather emergency to add some excitement to a slumber party, right? We're so glad you and your daughter had such a great time during your stay, and we appreciate you sharing your great experience with the Trip Advisor community. I have passed along your praise to our staff. We're also glad you had fun at the Atlanta Opera's production of "The Golden Ticket". We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have been staying at this Embassy Suites frequently since 2009. My most recent visit was 2/21 - 2/23/2012. The location is near a mall and several good restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable with the a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker and a separate sitting area. The towels are thick and fluffy. Like most Embassy Suites, this location hosts a manager's reception on week nights with free drinks and snacks and a daily cooked to order breakfast. The breakfast cooks at this location surpass any that I have encountered at other similar hotels in terms of friendliness, quality of food, and the speed at which they work. The fitness center has cardio equipment and weights. There is an indoor pool. I have stayed at several hotels in this area as I travel here frequently for business. This is by far my favorite.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindy P
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Cindy P, Thank you for staying with us recently. I am thrilled to have read your great review of The Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria. Thank you also for sharing such positive comments with the TripAdvisor community. We will pass along your praise to our staff - especially our breakfast team! We look forward to your return soon. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites 1/29/12-2/11/12. The location is great for where he has to be, the staff is all very helpful but the furnishings in the rooms and atrium really need some updating. There were used towels laying all over in the pool area the day we arrived, otherwise the cleanliness of all areas is very good. They did replace the worn towels in the fitness room and pool area while we were there. The breakfast is average, the coffee is terrible. Better coffee or a coffee bar in the lobby would be a great improvement. I walked over to The Waverly most mornings where there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear lakmom, Thank you for your feedback. While it has been three years since our total renovations, we strive to keep our hotel looking clean and up to date and wish we had a more positive impact on your stay. The evolution of our property is still on-going and we are constantly looking to improve upon our overall guest experience and service. Any feedback, albeit positive or negative is greatly appreciated. We thank you for your patronage, but more importantly for your feedback as it helps us maintain our brand and property as an industry leader as well as a destination property for travelers to the Atlanta area. Warm Thanks & Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
WNC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We called to make a reservation after viewing the amenities on this hotel's parent website. It said they allow pets. No where did it say they charge $50 non-refundable fee for pets. Not on the website nor during the phone conversation. They waited until we tried to check in and hit us with it then.

Before that, I arrived early with our dog, meeting my boyfriend who was coming from the airport. He made the reservation and it was in his name, so I could not check in. I asked at the front desk if it was OK if I waited in the lobby with the dog since it was below freezing outside. The gentleman said sure, no problem We sat there for a while, several people coming over to pet my dog and tell me how handsome he was, etc. I took him out for a quick walk, then we walked down to sit on a more comfortable sofa in the atrium. A lady at the front desk came to tell me we couldn't sit there, we had to either go to our room or go outside. The conversation went something like this:

Her: You cannot have your dog out in a public area, you will have to take him to your room.
Me: I'm not checked in yet, I am waiting for my boyfriend who is driving from the airport.
Her: Well you cannot wait here. Did you pay the pet fee?
Me: No, as I said, we're not checked in yet.
Her: You must wait outside with your dog.
Me: Is there any way you can let us into the room before he gets her, it's cold outside.
Her: Are you checked in yet? (she obviously had problems comprehending the conversation)
Me: No, again, we are waiting on him. The gentleman at the desk said we could wait inside. Is there a problem?
Her: Someone has complained.
Me: Who?
Her: I'm not at liberty to say. When will your friend be arriving?
Me: Probably 20 minutes or so.
Her:That's not too long to wait outside with the dog.

When we are finally allowed back inside and begin the check-in process is when we're told of the $50 fee. No way will we pay an extra $50 we don't know about beforehand for a room that costs $105. We stand in the lobby with the dog, his carrier, our luggage, etc. looking for another hotel in the area that accepts pets. After about 15 minutes another lady behind the desk tells us she'll waive the fee. They would rather have a room filled, it seems. Dog or no dog.

I felt like some kind of second class citizen because I wanted to bring my pet along with me to a hotel that advertised it is pet friendly. Friendly my ---.

They told us the $50 was for a thorough deep cleaning of the room after each visitor. Well, somehow they forgot to clean it before we slept there. We found dead bugs up against the wall/floor crevice, which in all likelihood means they used a poisonous spray. We also found cat food...or I should say my dog found it...on the floor under the desk. The room was never "deep cleaned" as they said it would be for the $50 fee.

My advice is to find another hotel which allows pets rather than stay at this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MountainTraveler096
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear MountainTraveler096,
We are grateful to have the opportunity to post a reply to your post about your recent experience here. Reputation management is very important to us and with all due respect we would like to make TripAdvisor readers aware of the following with regard to non-assistive pets in our hotel:
1. The $50 non-refundable pet fee has in fact always been on our website. The "Pets Allowed" hyperlink clearly describes this charge. Because you claimed you did not see this you did mention that we kindly waived this fee for you at check-in even though it is on the website as a courtesy. We did not just do this for occupancy reasons.
2. We do not allow anyone other than the guest with the reservation to check into their reserved room for the safety of our guests.
3. As our Pet Waiver form clearly states: Guests with pets acknowledge that all pets are limited to guest rooms only and not permitted in any public area at any time with the exception of transporting pets in and out of the property. Pets must be leashed or crated for the health, safety, and concern of all other hotel guests. Pets need to enter and exit the property using side entrances.
4. Responsible pet owners are expected to know in advance and abide by local leash laws when traveling.
5. Our atrium is where we serve breakfast each morning and our reception each evening. It is a food and beverage area of the hotel, which is why pets are not allowed there. Furthermore, we do not allow pets to sit on our furniture due to the fact that other travelers may have allergies, and we often have other guests with toddlers and children crawling, sitting, or lying on our atrium and lobby furniture at times as well.
6. In spite of inclement weather, we do not allow pets to sit or stay in our public areas. It is the responsibility of the pet owner to make arrangements for pets prior to obtaining their room key at any pet friendly hotel.
7. Although you advised pet owners to stay elsewhere in your review you did not mention that in addition to waiving your $50 pet fee, we graciously credited you back the full amount of your one-night stay with us after you complained about our pet policies and the condition of one of our designated pet friendly guest rooms - all seven of which are on the first floor near the side entrance.

You are most welcome,
Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. The price was great for the amenities and location! The bed/pillow weren't high end - the bed was a little hard and the pillow wasn't very fluffy. But I woke up refreshed, despite that. If you're looking for a nice hotel in a medium price range, I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Vak_10, Thank you for styaing with us recently and for documenting a positive review of The Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria. Thank you also for the feedback on our bedding. We will use it to improve to be more accommodating. Otherwise, we are pleased to hear that you had an exceptional visit with us as we strive to consistently exceed the expectations of all of our guests...I am glad to hear we did just that. and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Warm Thanks & Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our weekend stay. Mostly very clean but, please pick up room service dishes before we come out for breakfast!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Abrookmor59, Thanks very much for posting your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. The feedback about room service trays in the hallway is important and appreciated! We'll use it to continue to get better. Warm Thanks & Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here once for business and returned for a personal trip!!

Beautiful hotel with great rooms. I love my stay every time. There is a roof top pool!

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Rebecca I, Thanks for staying with us and for the great review. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to doing so again in the future. We appreciate the positive feedback! Warm Thanks & Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales