We called to make a reservation after viewing the amenities on this hotel's parent website. It said they allow pets. No where did it say they charge $50 non-refundable fee for pets. Not on the website nor during the phone conversation. They waited until we tried to check in and hit us with it then.
Before that, I arrived early with our dog, meeting my boyfriend who was coming from the airport. He made the reservation and it was in his name, so I could not check in. I asked at the front desk if it was OK if I waited in the lobby with the dog since it was below freezing outside. The gentleman said sure, no problem We sat there for a while, several people coming over to pet my dog and tell me how handsome he was, etc. I took him out for a quick walk, then we walked down to sit on a more comfortable sofa in the atrium. A lady at the front desk came to tell me we couldn't sit there, we had to either go to our room or go outside. The conversation went something like this:
Her: You cannot have your dog out in a public area, you will have to take him to your room.
Me: I'm not checked in yet, I am waiting for my boyfriend who is driving from the airport.
Her: Well you cannot wait here. Did you pay the pet fee?
Me: No, as I said, we're not checked in yet.
Her: You must wait outside with your dog.
Me: Is there any way you can let us into the room before he gets her, it's cold outside.
Her: Are you checked in yet? (she obviously had problems comprehending the conversation)
Me: No, again, we are waiting on him. The gentleman at the desk said we could wait inside. Is there a problem?
Her: Someone has complained.
Her: I'm not at liberty to say. When will your friend be arriving?
Me: Probably 20 minutes or so.
Her:That's not too long to wait outside with the dog.
When we are finally allowed back inside and begin the check-in process is when we're told of the $50 fee. No way will we pay an extra $50 we don't know about beforehand for a room that costs $105. We stand in the lobby with the dog, his carrier, our luggage, etc. looking for another hotel in the area that accepts pets. After about 15 minutes another lady behind the desk tells us she'll waive the fee. They would rather have a room filled, it seems. Dog or no dog.
I felt like some kind of second class citizen because I wanted to bring my pet along with me to a hotel that advertised it is pet friendly. Friendly my ---.
They told us the $50 was for a thorough deep cleaning of the room after each visitor. Well, somehow they forgot to clean it before we slept there. We found dead bugs up against the wall/floor crevice, which in all likelihood means they used a poisonous spray. We also found cat food...or I should say my dog found it...on the floor under the desk. The room was never "deep cleaned" as they said it would be for the $50 fee.
My advice is to find another hotel which allows pets rather than stay at this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria, you'll wake up every morning to a delicious and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast featuring our signature omelets. At night, be sure to stop by our Evening Reception to mingle with other guests and enjoy complimentary cocktails and snacks.We are conveniently located across from the Cobb Galleria Centre, perfect for business travelers and leisure travelers looking to attend shows at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. With easy access to many highways, getting to local area attractions is a breeze! Our hotel features spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas, 2 televisions, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and work desk with two telephones and data port. Stay in touch during your stay with complimentary Internet access. Make the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria hotel your home away from home while visiting the Atlanta, GA area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta
- Embassy Suites Atlanta
- Atlanta Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Atlanta Galleria Hotel