“Lovely place to stay when it isn't crowded”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Anderson, South Carolina
“Lovely place to stay when it isn't crowded”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a lovely hotel and would be an excellent spot for a weekend getaway when you weren't sharing the hotel with a large family reunion. (Breakfast crowds, obnoxious kids packing the pool, etc.) Facilities are nice and clean, and the food was generally good, though not the quality I've found at other Embassy Suite locations. Good location near shopping, and not a bad drive from downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
We greatly appreciate you honest review of your recent stay with us and appreciate your compliments. I have shared your constructive remarks about the family reunion crowds with our management staff and we are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience for all of our customers. While we are primarily a hotel for business travellers, during the summer months we are a popular choice for reunions due to our proximity to downtown and the value proposition we have for our guests. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to be able to welcome you back again next time you are in Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Galleria Hotel in Atlanta and I must say I had an excellent experience. The rooms very comfortable and great for my business. I especially enjoyed the additional suite in front of the room. The place is very clean and staff is friendly and polite. I love the buffets. Great location, I will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
We really appreciate your feedback and great review of your stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. Business travelers especially appreciate our amenities of a true two-room suite they can make into a "home away from home" with a separate living room area that includes work desk, microwave, refridgerator, and wet bar. We're glad you enjoyed the daily hot breakfast and manager's reception as well. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.
Hazel Green, Alabama
Reviewed July 11, 2011

we really enjoyed or stay.it was lovely .we had a free breakfast in the moring, manger reception in the evening where they give out free drinks and popcorn plus they have a movie section, cool pool ,nice location, free massages and good view on level 4 and up heads up stay away from the evevator for ur room because at night u will be hearing it go up and down every minute!

Room Tip: keep on searching find the best look on good websites andjust ask
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel in a positive light. Our complimentary hot made-to-order breakfast and nightly manager reception are two of our most popular amenities. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria the next time you visit our area.
Grenada, Mississippi
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Since 2005, every year that Anime Weekend Atlanta comes around, despite the con being in a separate hotel, me and my friends have stayed here. The staff has been nothing but courtious and very helpful. The rooms are big enough and are always very clean, and the beds are always so comfy! This hotel completely rocks!

Its within walking distance of a strip mall and a few other eating places, and even if you dont want to walk there are malls and restaurants just a short distance away.

Most definatelly will continue to stay here when AWA comes around!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sweetestangel20
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
We are so glad you love our hotel! Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate your loyalty and the fact that you have returned for the last five years during Anime Weekend. Many convention attendees love staying here because we are so close to the convention center as well as the other points of interest that you mentioned. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff, and we hope to welcome you back in a few months!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Embassy Suites Hotel is great (not like the one in orlando.) The staff was very pleasant and welcomed me everytime i go in the hotel.The breakfast was GREAT and the Recpition when you and ur spouse r at the reception ur children can go to a room and watch a movie! I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachael2290
We love that you love our hotel and that you will be returning! As you can see from this site, 80% of the reviews we receive are positive and many are from families like you. Our suites and complimentary reception and breakfast are the main reason vacationers enjoy staying here. Thank you very much for your positive review, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Atlanta!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip earlier this month.
Pros:
- soap and lotion in the bathroom smells very nice
- flat-screen LCD television (but not in the bedroom!)
- breakfast included in room rate
Cons:
- No hot food except oatmeal and toast was available for breakfast on the self-serve buffet. Had to stand in a line to get any other hot foods, such as eggs, pancakes, bacon, biscuits, etc. Up until Friday, this line was relatively short, even nonexistent. On Friday, there were 12-15 people waiting at the peak breakfast time. I think you should put most of the hot food out on the buffet, and just have the cook-to-order for omelets. It would shorten the line!
- Housekeeping left the seat up on the toilet every day

One last comment: I misplaced a necklace in my room. After looking everywhere, I was disappointed to come to the conclusion that it had been taken. I reported it to the front desk. They called me later that day to let me know that it had been found when housekeeping stripped the bedding off the bed, and to make arrangements to send it to me. I was very relieved to know that it had not been taken and that it was my own fault I couldn't find it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments seriously and have shared your kind remarks with the entire management team. We are sorry you encountered a wait during breakfast on Friday. We actually do put out an additional breakfast buffet of numerous hot items on weekend mornings, but perhaps we should follow your suggestion and do that as well on Friday mornings as well now that we are in the busy summer vacation season. We are also pleased to hear that our staff found your necklace. We thank you for being our guest and we hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were checked in very quickly and the hotel was quite nice in the lobby area. They had a number of Christmas trees throughout the lobby and first floor, all decorated for different charities. It made the place festive. The locationw as right across from the Cobb Performance Center -- and that's why we were there. It was very convenient to walk over there for the show and then to walk back at night.

Our room here was quite small -- not a suite -- and cramped, but fine and clean. Our problem was that evening: we returned from the show at the Cobb Ctr relatively late and were ready for bed. I was in my 1st trimester of pregnancy and was exhausted. However, the guests in the rooms around us were abominable. They wer ein some large group -- maybe a fmaily reunion -- and were running up and down the halls, yelling in their rooms and in the halls, banging on each other's doors -- all night long. At about 1 am, my husband called down and complained, and was told security would be sent. We never did hear any security and the noise continued. About an hour later, he called again since neither of us had gotten any sleep-- at that point, they offered us our room for free. My husband din't even have to ask.

Again, they said they'd send security. Again, we never did hear security -- and we figured it was futile so we stopped calling.

In the morning, the desk insisted that they had sent security and told us if we'd called one more time the prior night, they would have kicked the other guests out of the hotel. I really wish we'd called . . .

At any rate, I thought the desk employees were very sweet . . . but I really do wonder if they sent anyone. I never heard those guests shut up and I reall think I would have heard someone next door knocking to tell them to be quiet if security had showed up. It's a mystery what happened.

Breakfast the next morning was a free egg / bacon / grits and all kinds of goodies, which made the hotel a good deal for the money . . . We were, however, exhausted from our lack of sleep here.

I hope that this was just an anomaly for the hotel -- if these guests hadn't been there, my rating would have been higher.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay several months ago here Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your complimentary and constructive remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the noise problem has been shared with our staff and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. As far as your room type, we do have a handful of one-room non-suites that are deeply discounted which many one-night business travelers prefer, but we are happy to upgrade guests who let us know they are not pleased with the room. Please let us know if you have further concerns and we hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.