“Some Strange things in 328”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia
“Some Strange things in 328”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I'm not some kind of nut or anything, but during my two week stay here some strange stuff happened. The first night in 328 while asleep, i was woken up at about 3am by something tapping my leg(Felt like somebody tapping it trying t get my attention). Door was locked and I was by myself. I woke with a start, and felt really alarmed. Wrote it off as a fluke, went back to sleep. Next two nights...i awake at aroun 2-3am in a cold sweat, however, the room is a comfortable temp(This has never happened to me before). Fourth fifth and sixth nights...I had people staying in the room with me. And there were no issues. The very next night after they left. I was falling asleep and was in between consciousness, facing the wall..and somethign started tapping and rooting around behind me. I turned around immediately(I had the heavy curtains open but the sheer ones closed, so light was coming in from outside street lights) and saw nothing. But needless to say i was alarmed. I finished out the night...very uncomfortable.

The next day I moved rooms. When i approached the clerk at the desk, she asked me why I wanted to move and which room i was in. I was a little vague as i didt wat her to think me a nut. So i said I am just not comfortable in that room...room 328. She just looked at me and said, no problem we will move you right away. Once I moved rooms...all was well and the hotel in general is very good. Clean and for the most part well laid out.

One complaint i did have was the cost of the washer and dryer. I had to spend $6 to wash and dry a load of clothes. Thats a little high.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
tampa, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

My sister and I made this our overnight stop while traveling from Ohio to Florida. We arrived just as the complimentary nightly reception was starting and enjoyed a couple of drinks before leaving for dinner. Since we were not familiar with the area, we chose to use there complimentary shuttle service to take us to the Stoney River Restaurant for dinner. It is located in an area with a large mall and unbelieveable amount of great dining options. It is right off of the 285/75 freeways. Would definitely stay at this hotel again on next trip.

• Stayed May 2011
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We're glad you had a nice visit with your sister and found it to be worth the price you paid. The value proposition of Embassy Suites is what makes us a leader in upper-upscale hotel brands. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Atlanta area!
Ellijay, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

My wife and I were able to walk from our hotel room to the show at the Cobb Energy Center. We enjoyed breakfast the next morning. Everything was fantastic - the ease, convenience, value, location. This is definitely the way to go if you don't want to make the drive back home after a show.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Ease, Convenience, Value, and Location pretty much sums it up, especially for those who attend events at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. We thank you for your kind words and we would love to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria next time you are in the area!
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Embassy Suites. The Hotel is in a great location.. Easy access to the interstates... The room was nice and the staff was courteous. The hotel is very quiet so falling asleep was not a problem.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
We appreciate you compliments! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. We strive to be one of the best hotels in Atlanta and your positive feedback really helps. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria on your next return visit to Atlanta.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I visited Atlanta to attend an event at Philips Arena. I chose this hotel based on a suggestion from a friend. I'm pleased to have taken their advice! The hotel is very easy to find from the highway and there is plenty of parking. The front desk staff greeted us with a warm, genuine welcome, and our room was well beyond what we expected. The drive down to the arena was close and easy, much better than I expected! The breakfast was unbeatable, delicious, and convenient. The Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta - Galleria is the place to stay while you are in Atlanta!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel! We believe we are one of the best hotels in Atlanta and are glad you think so too! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and glad you pointed out how convenient we are to Philips Arena . We're only eleven miles from downtown Atlanta and because we are next to the interstate it is much quicker to get there than from most other areas of Metro Atlanta. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Somers, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel both as a solo traveler and with family in the past. My stay there this time exceeded my expectations. Upon arrival I was upgraded to the nicest room on the property. The cooked to order omelet in the morning was well prepared by a warm and friendly staff member.
I choose this hotel over the Renaissance Galleria, where my meeting in the area was being held. The price was better and the distance to the convention center was only one block away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay again and hope that you will continue to make Embassy Suites Galleria your first choice of hotels when in Atlanta. We especially appreciate you pointing out how convenient we are to the Galleria Convention Centre area. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Hurst, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Staying at the Embassy Suites Galleria during our Spring Break vacation was one of the best decisions that we made for our trip. It was an excellent location for all our activities. The indoor pool/spa provided much relaxation in the evenings after visiting all the attractions that are only miles away from the hotel.

The made to order breakfast each morning and the managers reception in the evening just hit the spot.

The room was big enough that the four of us didn't feel like we were on top of one another for the 4 nights that we were there. Comfortable beds and seating area too!

The hotel is close to many restaurants and there is complimentary transportation to many of those restaurants as well. And they provided us a list of all those restaurants.

Very nice personnel, always up-beat and smiling. We were greeted each time we passed by the desk.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone going to the Atlanta area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. Your review really tells the story of what a great hotel brand we are for travelling families as well as business travellers. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta!