“fine place to stay in midtown”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #62 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 17, 2007

this was our first stay at the hotel indigo and we were pleased with the location, room and service. other reviewers are correct, the rooms are small, but not unmanageable. we stayed two nights with our dog and all three of us fit just fine. if you are planning on entertaining in your room, maybe you should stay someplace else or use the seating areas in the lobby, bar or porch. we did spend most of our time exploring the city and visiting friends so this place was perfect to walk to restaurants, the park, botanical gardens, museums, etc..

the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. they provide good aveda products, the parking was close and not a problem to go in and out and the staff was accommodating to us and our dog. i will stay at hotel indigo again provided the price is the same and the reviews are stay solid.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank NCcritic
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed June 9, 2007

Let me start out by saying that Atlanta is NOT one of my favorite destinations. I've yet to find a place to stay that feels like it conveys the true "sense of Atlanta," so when I started looking for a place to stay while dropping a friend off at the ATL airport, I wanted something midtown, within walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and reasonably priced. The Hotel Indigo delivered, the city of Atlanta still does NOT, IMHO. After reading the other reviews of Hotel Indigo, I was skeptical, but after a two night weekend stay, let me say the staff is excellent, the hotel is clean, beautiful, and peaceful, and with a MARTA station half a block away, you don't need a car, or you can leave it in the garage and get your 18 bucks worth of parking. Sure the bathrooms are tiny, and the phone in our room didn't work, the wireless connection was a little weak, but the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and to try to fix the phone problem. Saturday night cruising down Peachtree is part of the city's vibe, so ask for a room on an upper floor. If you want a hip, reasonably priced, midtown place to stay, you can't beat it. I'd definitely stay there again....if I HAVE to go to Atlanta!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank SouthCarolinaNomad
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I had been wanting to stay here for quite some time after seeing it online, but one bad review kept me from it. Let me tell you, I don't want to stay anywhere else. Not only is my child (read: dog) welcomed and treated very nicely, but the rooms are very nice as well. it's right across the street from the Fox Theatre. You can sit outside and people watch. My husband and I did this both nights just to relax with some cocktails outside. Many great dining choices are close and Piedmont Park is a good walk away. It will take you a bit to walk to the park, so if you're not prepared for that, drive your car. The rooms are colorful and chic. The bed is sooooo comfy. We recommend the Baraonda (Italian) restaurant right down and across the street. Also, the Gold Star Cafe and Bakery is a few blocks away and fantastic! That's where we had breakfast both mornings. I would NOT recommend Nava restaurant in Buckhead. It was OK. But for the price, we thought the food and *service* was lacking.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tammy1
Reviewed May 23, 2007

So, I was in my second home city for a weekend stay for a college graduation. The only reason I ended up staying at Hotel Indigo was budget and last minute travel changes. Budget crunch dwindled my travel group of 4 down to just 2 people, which meant we couldn't afford the Glenn Hotel. The Glenn is by far leaps and bounds better than the so called boutique Hotel Indigo.

Major Issues:
After our first night stay, we got up the next morning to experience the city. When we returned later in the evening, our room had not been cleaned at all by housekeeping. I called the front desk to complain, and they did not seem surprised that housekeeping was not fully doing their job, and even better...they were gone for the night. So a hotel rep brought up towels and 2 fresh glasses.

Speaking of glasses....I called downstairs for a few extra glasses for the room. I was told I could have extra glassses, however I had to come get them myself. It wasn't the middle of the night so I don't understand where all of the staff was...and even worse...when I got downstairs they gave me cheap paper cups from underneath the front desk.

The bathroom was so small that my tiny 5 foot, 90 pound female friend had trouble changing in the restroom when we had male visitors in the room. The bathroom is seriously like changing in a airplane bathroom..the size of the bathroom including the shower is the size of 2 airplane bathrooms, if that big.

Parking validation...you have to get your parking stamped each time you want to leave the hotel. Which isn't a major issue, but if you are in a hurry to leave for an event..standing in line behind the family of 6 who are checking in, so you can validate and leave isn't so great. I don't understand why the parking placard you obtain upon check in isn't enough proof you are staying at the the hotel.

We had double beds..I can't imagine having 4 people stay in that room. It's way too small..we couldn't even entertain friends for drinks while we finished getting dressed without feeling like we were tripping over each other.

In theory, there is a bellman somewhere..since I was able to see the cart that would be used to transport bags...however as I struggled with my bags thru the lobby..the front desk clerk looked up at me and then simply looked away.

Dog friendly - I did see several dogs going in the hotel...however, I felt so badly for the pups. They would be miserable in those tiny rooms. Even my friend who has a terrier mentioned how insane it would be to have a dog in the pint size rooms.

Positives:
Location, centrally located in midtown on Peachtree
Price, very economical

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2007

What a mess! From the start, the staff attitude was bad and unhelpful. Self-parking process was quite complicated and a hassle evry time we took the car in and out. Rooms and especially baths are tiny - used to be a Days Inn. Very loud - most rooms face Peachtree and Fox Theater late night programs. They couldn't stop the message light from flashing and got belligerent when I called for the third time. Low rate but low class, not at all as advertised. Would not stay again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Wildturk13
Reviewed May 6, 2007

The hotel was very easy to find and in a great location directly across from the Fox Theatre. I did not have any problem finding a parking spot in the garage and the hotel provided a pass that waived the parking fees. The garage is small however and I can see how there could be a problem when there is a show going on in the theatre- I time my arrival to avoid this situation.

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I was travelling with my dog who was welcomed. They also will allow the dog to sit at the outdoor tables of the restaurant.

The room was adorable, decorated very nicely. But it was very small - and so was the bathroom. As a single person it was not a problem for me but I wouldn't try to fit a family in those rooms.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would return to the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo one night on May 4th. The property is located in midtown, very close to a lot of restaurants, clubs, etc. The rooms are very cute, clean with a charming beach cottage theme.

The staff were extremely polite and helpful. We were surprised that the rooms were only $109 a night, a great deal for downtown Atlanta! The only downside is overnight parking is $18 so factor that into the cost.

The bathrooms are quite small but the king-size bed was wonderful - very soft sheets,bedding and extremely comfortable mattress.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple