“Hotel Indigo.... FABULOUS”

Ranked #49 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Rhode Island
“Hotel Indigo.... FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2007

I have just returned from a 3 night stay in Atlanta. I chose the Hotel Indigo and I had a fabulous experience. My room was lovely, cozy, clean and very quiet. The airconditioning worked beautifully and never made any noise to interfer with my sleep. The shower was very relaxing!

The employees were very helpful and polite at all times. I enjoyed breakfast each morning in the small restaurant... also a lovely space.

I used MARTA during my entire stay as I was attending a conference at the World Congress Center. The trip from and to the airport was quick and efficient and my daily trips were better than satisfactory.

All in all... the Hotel Indigo was wonderful! What a beautiful, colorful place!!

• Liked — very confy and beautifully decorated
  • Disliked — distance from downtown
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Warner Robins, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2007

My wife and I spent a single night at the Indigo Hotel after an event at the Fox Theater across the street. I selected the Indigo because we could walk to dinner, the theater and back to the room. My wife hates driving in Atlanta.
I read the Trip Advisor reviews which mentioned the small bathrooms and the street noise. I thought we could accommodate a small bathroom during a single overnight stay. To avoid the noise, I booked a rearward facing room.
Upon arrival, the desk clerk "upgraded" us from a queen room to a king at no charge; however, the room was on the Peachtree St (noisy) side of the hotel. I related the information I had read on Trip Advisor and asked if he had received noise complaints from his guests facing the street. He told me it was noticeable on the lower floors, but wouldn't be a problem on the 5th floor where we were staying. Based on his assurance, we remained in the upgraded room.
We retired around 11:00, which I only mention because that was late for us and, hence, we were quite tired. The noise from the street was loud, but was periodically drowned out by the air conditioning unit. However, the occasional "descent" of the ice in the machine directly across the hall from our door and the barking of a small dog in the next room (oh, they allow pets) added to the din and severely disrupted our sleep. The dog quieted down apparently when its owners returned, only to be replaced by music from the radio, sometimes with accompaniment by the tenants. Unfortunately, the floors are covered with wood laminate rather than carpet which might have absorbed more of the sound. Fortunately my wife (belatedly) remembered that she had some foam earplugs with which we were able to block most of the noise, allowing us to get some sleep. Also the air conditioner continued to give some respite.
The decor is a sort of quirky "beach house" motif. The staff was very pleasant, professional and, with the exception of the refutation re: the road noise on the 5th floor, helpful. The morning clerk sent out for a Sunday paper for me when the vendor was late filling the rack and refused payment.
I asked for a comment form and was told it would be e-mailed to me, but I haven't received it yet. I will send this review.
We had hoped this was to have been the first of many overnights at the Indigo, but do not plan to go back. The convenience is not worth the lack of sleep.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GAflyer
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2007

I should have written this review a long time ago but haven't had time until now. The Indigo in Atlanta was my "weekday" home for 4 months. I stayed there for business for 3 nights every week between January and May of 2006.

The place is brightly painted and its rooms are decorated with nice accents that remind me of a Nantucket beach house. Yes, rooms and bathrooms are on the small side, as is the gym and the menu is somewhat limited. However, whatever the Indigo lacks in terms of facilities, it more than makes up for in its personal attention and service.

Yes, the staff at the Indigo simply rocks! Gabrielle, Eddie, Melba, John and everyone at the front desk and bar are wonderful. They go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure a smooth and pleasant stay and their "can do" attitude surpasses the service levels of even the most expensive and high-end hotels.

• Liked — Staff, service, location
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2007

My mother and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in May of 2006. We loved this hotel! The front desk staff was upbeat, friendly and helpful making us feel very welcome. The room was very inviting and the bed was wonderful. I had 2 different rooms during my stay at the Indigo. One had the small bathroom and the other was a very nice size. I'm not particular on bathrooms - I come to Atlanta to see the city and family!

The other plus for me was that the hotel is pet friendly. I was able to bring my dog and she was welcomed into the fold. We were there for "yappy hour" and it was a hoot. I have friends who met and are marrying after meeting there during "yappy hour" with their pooches.

Overall, a wonderful experience. I am returning to Atlanta this spring and plan on staying at the Indigo again, this time without my pet.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank TarMar
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2006

This is a great hotel. Clean, neat and very pretty. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Yes, the bathrooms are almost airplane bathroom size but as a 5'8 200 LBS male I had no problem at all with the size of the bathroom. My wife and I enjoyed the thought and detail put into the design and colors of the room. It was fun to be in a hotel that was not boring and cookie cutter. Bed was very comfy - one of the nicest beds I have slept on. We stayed there and went to a show across the street at the Fox Theatre. A stay at the Indigo Hotel combined with a show at the Fox makes for a very nice romantic getaway. We love the Indigo Hotel and will be back.

• Liked — The thought put into the hotel decor and design
  • Disliked — The parking fee but it is Atlanta.
  • Stayed November 2006
1 Thank wncwwaw
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2006

I found the room to be about average in size but very well equiped and quite beautiful. The bed was the most comfortable one that I have experienced in a hotel. There was a comfortable chair, with ottoman and a reading lamp that was delightful. I would recommend that one opt for the queen size bed, as the king would be far too large for the room size.

The bathroom defies description. The shower takes up half the room and one must be extremely careful not to smash their head on the sink when rising from the tolet. At 5 feet 10 inches, it was quite easy to touch all four walls without streching. The bathroom has no shelf above the sink and is not user frendly.

I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. When I asked if there was a spots bar nearby, they gave me a coupon for a free draft at Gordon Biersch Brewery down the street. This was a wonderful place, with an excellent choice of microbrews and an excellent pulled pork sandwich.

• Liked — Beautiful room and great bed and reading chair
  • Disliked — The bathroom is beyond small!
  • Tips/Secrets — Only stay here if a very small bathroom is not an issue
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank PFW2006
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

The location is great: right across from the Fox Theater on Peachtree. Because it's one block from the North Ave MARTA station, you can take the train directly from the airport ($1.75/15 minutes). Yes, the rooms are small, and the bathrooms are ridiculous. But the problem for me, which might not be a big deal for others, was the powerful room deodorizer or cleaning fluid they use. I had burning eyes and considered cutting my losses and moving, but decided it would be too much trouble, so I slept with the window open (even more noise and it was cold). Also, there isn't a proper breakfast restaurant, just take-out snacks. You can go next door to the Georgian Terrace if you want a bit more than that. The little gym was fine. If you can deal with the smell, this hotel is something of a bargain.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jack_3B