“Everything we needed.”

Ranked #54 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
South Carolina
“Everything we needed.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Convenient location for downtown attractions. Clean quirky accommodations. Teeny, tiny bathroom (but we coped). Comfortable bed. Free wi-fi. Pricey parking. Really nice staff. --- I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: It's nice to be on the front and overlook the old Fox Theater.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Angie T from South Carolina -
Hello and thank you! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to offer your review of your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear you will be visiting us again - we hope soon! You offered good tips for staying with us (ie views of the Fox Theatre). I am happy to share another with you, especially since you noted the small bathrooms. We do have a select number of queen bed rooms with larger bathrooms, so if you need a larger bathroom, be sure to request one of those rooms. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
puebla
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I really like this hotel. I've stayed there a few times now and can not complain. Clean cozy rooms. Very nice Staff. For a couple of days in Atlanta a good location. just across from the Fox Theatre and a few minute walk to Gladys Knights Diner

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Hello marc203 from puebla -
Thank you for being a repeat guest and for taking time to share your favorite things about the hotel. We pride ourselves on being a special boutique hotel delivering genuine and personal, caring service. Gladys Knight's diner is a great iconic local restaurant. Another insider tip for your next stay, we also recommend another long time neighborhood staple, Mary Mac's Tea Room. Come back and visit again soon. Thank you again. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Hsinchu City, Taiwan, Republic of China
Reviewed August 8, 2014

服務棒極了,從入住到早餐到退房都是。退房後我請前檯幫我寄存行李幾小時,也沒有任何問題。旅館裝潢有趣又極富色彩,讓人感覺是高級版的ibis styles。另一方面,房間和浴室都小的不得了。淋浴的地方甚至還有之前住客的頭髮。隔音也相當差,清晨5-6點就被鄰房的對話吵得無法入眠。商務中心的電腦很慢,瀏覽器甚至不允許輸入URL,只可以用Bing搜索。幾分鐘後就會被自動登出,列印時也無法印超過一份,且都沒有事前警告。

The service is excellent, from check-in to breakfast and check-out. When I asked to leave my bags at the front desk for a few hours after check-out, they gladly helped. The hotel has an interesting and colourful décor. It feels like a high-class version of ibis styles. On the other hand, the room is small and the bathroom is tiny. The shower had previous guest's hair. Also the soundproof is bad as I could hear next door's conversation at 5-6am. Didn't have a good sleep because of that. In addition, the computers at the business center is extremely slow and the internet browser does not allow you to enter the URL. You have to do bing search instead. It also automatically logs you out after some time and prevents you from printing more than 1 copy, both without warning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Ernestnywang from Hsinchu City, Taiwan -
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to share your experience with others. I am sorry to hear you had issues during your stay with us. The comfort and enjoyment of all guests is part of our mission, so I apologize early-rising guests awoke you. More so, I apologize the shower was not as clean as it should have been. We are using your review to help ahow the importance of attention-to-detail. Our staff takes constructive feedback as opportunities to learn and improve. I would like to make up for your 'less than best' stay with us, so please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Atlanta and I promise you will have a great Indigo Experience. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We drove in from the suburbs for a Fox show and night in Atlanta. Room was great despite all the other reviews knocking the small size. Great location to the Fox and several bars and restaurants, all within walking distance. The breakfast croissant and coffee were delicious. The staff was very professional and helpful, especially Eddie who told us great Fox ticket trivia. Be sure to look at the ticket wall behind the check in counter. Would definitely stay there again as it's a great change from the bland big chain hotels.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joe D from Kennesaw, Georgia -
It's great to hear your enjoyed your night on the town with a show at the Fox and stay at our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your viewpoint. Our goal for designing the hotel was to deliver to guests exactly what you appreciated - anything but a boring bland typical brand hotel. We take on the character of the neighborhood fueled with the inspiration of the Fox Theatre, so thank you again for mentioning it! Most importantly, thank you for sharing stories about our team members. It always make me proud to hear those stories and always makes everyone's day! We look forward to your next night on the town with us! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was a refreshing stay. As an avid business traveler I spend many nights in hotels. The service here was 5 star, from the beginning to the end. This hotel is what any 5 star would want to be. Ms. Webster and her staff exude this customer service with great ease. You can tell that it is natural and simply who they are, effortless without trying. Brad was very helpful and courteous and went over and beyond to check me in early into my room. Eddy then assisted me and was very professional. The ladies of the housekeeping staff were a true delight and made my stay relaxing and were very kind and very professional as well. Michael was also nice at the front desk when checking in for my second stay. And last but not least, Ms Gabriele Webster was phenomenal. When I went to speak to her about how great her staff was she was very kind, welcoming and you can tell has an open door policy with her guest and staff. As I stated before I have stayed at many hotels and never have I had such ease in contacting, speaking with, and actually seeing the GM is usually unheard of. Not Ms. Webster, she was always available. You can tell that her staff exemplifies her same qualities, so I guess the saying that the body is only as good as the head. She is the head and her body is her staff, so they are all in sync and just awesome. I am very satisfied with my stay here and will recommend this place to all of my associates and friends.

Room Tip: Be nice and smile.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello reed777 from Denver, Colorado -
THANK YOU! How very nice of you to take the time to offer your thoughts and share your experiences at our hotel. We try very hard to inspire our guests and our whole team makes it happen. I give all the praise to our team members. They all have a great passion for hospitality and caring for our guests. Thank you for sharing the stories of how individuals helped make a memorable stay for you. I have already shared your review with the team and it as met with huge smiles and some cheers! We love what we do and love hearing how we made a difference. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hotel Indigo is sort of a mixed bag for me. I really like the location. It's right across the street from the fabulous Fox Theater, and is very walkable to all of the things to do in Midtown.

The staff has always been courteous the few times I've stayed here. They always let me check out late, because I'm not usually up with the sun. They are also typically accommodating if you want to be in one of the higher rooms to get a better view and get away from the noise from Peachtree. However, I was a little upset they tried to put me in a room with one king-sized bed when I booked for three guests.

It's an old building, but the decor is very modern. A few things that you will notice with it being an older building are that the rooms are pretty tiny, and that there aren't many outlets to plug in your electronics. The beds are really comfy, and the bathrooms are nice.

The bar downstairs makes some tasty cocktails, and room service is good. The egg dish with potatoes is good, if a little heavy and the yogurt parfait was good.

If you face Peachtree you will have a cool view, but more noise. If you are facing the other direction it's quiet, but you are looking at parking garages.

All things considered, I really like the place. I'll probably continue to stay here when I'm in midtown. It's also very convenient to the North Ave MARTA stop.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jerry t
Dear jerry t from Jacksonville, Florida -
Thank you! We appreciate you for staying with us and very honored you are a repeat guest. You offered excellent recommendations for travelers. As far as your rooming issue, I am very sorry for that. If you book and confirm a room with two double beds you should get it. It sounds like we were able to resolve the issue and get you in a room with two double beds. Thank you for your constructive feedback. We use it to coach our team members so we are always improving our services and care of our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay. Please stop in and say hello. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
US
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed as a birthday getaway. It's a historic building in a great area of Midtown. Don't stay here if looking for new modern!! The architecture was lovely and the staff accommodating. (After check out we could stay in the parking garage for a longer period.) We were forewarned of the small bathroom. This was not surprising given the restrictions placed on historic renovations. If size matters, request to see the bathroom in advance. I do wish they had selected higher grade materials on the vanity. The pressboard was warped and our bathroom smelled of mildew. Also, multi purpose lamps or radios that charge devices would have been nice since outlets were inconvenient. I would stay here again for the location, but not for an extended period. We found the room, hotel, and area quirky and charming.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ltiss
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello ltiss -
Thank you for taking time for the thoughtful review you posted. We appreciate your feedback and for you being our guest. The bathrooms are on the small side, due to the historical nature of the building, but your suggestions were good ones that we plan to act on to help improve the bathroom experience. It's nice to hear you would be back to stay with us again. For your next stay, if you need a larger bathroom, check to see if one of our rooms with larger bathrooms is available. There are a few rooms that do have larger bathrooms for guests who need extra space. Thank you again for being our guest and for taking the time to share! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster