“Very cool hotel”

Ranked #51 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Rochester, NY
“Very cool hotel”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

After searching forever to find a pet friendly hotel in Atlanta that didn't charge an arm and a leg for a few hours stay on a 9 lb dog, I found Hotel Indigo and it was perfect! This hotel is different from the second you walk in the door. Pets are VERY welcome and so are people. The rooms are a bit small but that is to be expected and who goes to Atlanta to sit in a room anyway!

The check-in experience was very smooth and quite welcoming. The lobby and rooms are decorated in a very cooling distinct pallette. My only drawback was there's no areas close by to walk your dog but overall a great place to stay.

• Liked — Pet friendly and the great decorating around the hotel
  • Disliked — No grassy areas to walk your pet
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
South Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Indigo from Aug 3. - Aug. 9. From the moment we arrived I was IMPRESSED. The lobby was beautiful, decorated in relaxing blues. Check in was a snap. From the beginning of our stay until the end we felt as if we had the full support of the staff. Eddie, at the front desk, was EXTREMELY helpful. I felt that he was going above and beyond to make sure that our stay was perfect. As an example, I had a meeting with a real estate agent in there lobby and, as if he read my mind, he brought us over a pen and pad, just as I was thinking that I should have brought one. The front desk was helpful through out our stay with the numerous questions that we had, being first timers to Atlanta. The rooms were very clean, the beds very comfortable. I had read on here that the bathrooms were small, but it was bigger than the one in my home and beautifully decorated. I loved the shower and there was ample room through out the room for everything that we had. The bartender, Doug, was very friendly with a great sense of humor and a vast knowledge of the city. The location is perfect, within walking distance of a lot and a quick drive to everything else. There are a lot of homeless in the area, as you would expect from any large city. However, they were never an issue in or around the immediate areas of the hotel. We will return to this hotel again and again.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a four day vacation to Atlanta, GA and stayed at the charming Indigo hotel. We had a phenomenal stay. The hotel is very flirty and adorable. The decor is sweet, great aveda bathroom products, wonderful front desk service and cute lounge area. The rooms are very comfortable including the king size bed and the decor in the room was unique with bright blue hues and orange highlights. The bathroom was a tad bit small especially for my husband but the shower was large and that made up for the smaller sink area. I would totally recommend this hotel. The gym was also well loaded with everything you need to get a good workout. They also provide free internet access from the lobby should you need to check emails briefly. Computer access is super fast! The only negative of the area are the bums around the corner begging for money. There is a security guard on hotel property to eliminate the problem, but those darn panhandlers try to find their way onto the hotel's patio! However the inside of the hotel and the surrounding grounds are fine. It is lovely and I would totally go back should I return to Atlanta. Very nice city except for those pesky bums in the downtown area.

• Liked — decor and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — nothing - just the bums in the area can ruin your city experience
Washington DC
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Hotel Indigo was a nice clean hotel, with a aquatic theme to it. The room was large and the bed comfortable. The hotel was very quiet. It is in a good location right across the street from the Fox theatre. The front desk though was no help. The man working offered us no help and when we asked to borrow a pair of scissors you would have thought we were asking him for his first born. Overall the hotel was very nice but needs to hire better and more courteous staff.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for a girl's trip to Atlanta and it was FABULOUS! The decor was unique and had a fun vibe that lifts your spirits when you walk in. I read reviews prior to booking because I'm not from the area. I was a little skeptical when some reviews said the bathrooms were small. That's the last thing you need on a girl's weekend...a small bathroom. But what those reviews failed to mention was that in addition to an area in the bathroom, there is a vanity located just outside of the bathroom door. It had a huge mirror and countertop. The were also mirrors inside the armoire that can be used for full-length viewing. The staff was more than accommodating and undulged our amazement with how beatiful everything was. Guarantee, you'll love it, too!

• Liked — Decor, price
  • Disliked — parking fee
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My wife and I just spend one night at this hotel. We often travel to Atlanta and almost always take our two Papillons with us. Our usual hotel of choice, reviewed elsewhere, was unavailable. So, we decided to try Indigo in Midtown. After all, it was highly recommended by some pet-friendly web sites.

This hotel has many pros and unfortunately few cons. Lets talk about the positives first. This hotel has a great pet policy. All creatures are welcome regardless of size. The small print does ask to keep your for-legged babies quiet. However, the management very wisely segregates families with pets to a separate floor. I personally would not be likely to complaint about barking; my guys can be a bit rowdy too. On Tuesdays, the hotel even hosts a pet-friendly happy hour. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Location is very close to many mid-town venues. You can walk to a few nice restaurants; a 24-hour diner is a block away. FOX Theater is right across the street. Rates are very reasonable considering the location. Parking is plentiful and only costs $18 for a whole day. The rooms are spacious. Bedding is comfortable. Internet is free!

Now, here are few unfortunate negatives. First, the location. No large green spaces nearby. Dogs had to go potty on the sidewalk. Crawford Long Hospital is a few blocks away. As the result, small yards, grassy knolls, park benches, and church stairs shelter many individual I would not care to meet. Unfortunately, few of them thought otherwise. Most were friendly. However, some tourists (single women) may not feel as safe. Piedmont Park (a mid-town pet Mecca) is too far to walk too. Second, hotel parking. No valet service available. During large venues at the Fox, the lot gets very full. Third, the accommodations. As others pointed out, bathrooms are very small. They would be more appropriate for smaller European hotels. On a pet floor, slight odor was apparent. Not any worse than most homes with pets.

Overall, this hotel provides a nice balance between the mid-town location, comfortable accommodations, and fair rates. None are stellar; yet overall very good.

• Liked — Pets were very welcome
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I'm a local and love to meet friends at the Hotel Indigo prior to shows at the Fox. I love the fun vibe of the lobby and lobby bar. I had out of town friends coming to town so I decided to stay in-town for convenience. I LOVED the Indigo.

I stayed at the hotel when it was a Days Inn and knew how small the rooms were. I knew they had gutted the hotel to create the Indigo. I've recommended it several times and everyone who stayed there loved it.

The renovations were superb. GREAT decor. Bright, colorful, "beachy" colors. Beautiful "cottage-y" furniture - all very well laid out. Very good bed. Great details in the room. I strongly recommend this hotel - mainly for the location (right on Peachtree, across from the Fox Theatre, near MARTA stations and good places to eat). The ichotels group did a great job on their boutique hotel!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo