“Small rooms, expensive parking”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #66 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Great location but rooms are too small to be practical. As a platinum I expected better. Also cut my head getting up from desk and turning into corner of granite top bureau that tv is on. Bathroom is minuscule. Oh and did I mention the 25 dollar self parking fee?

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place offers the professional hospitality you'd expect at a high-end hotel, but in a setting that's like no other, as described in other reviews here. Young, vibrant crowd at the Hotel Indigo only adds to the enjoyment. Rooms are indeed compact, but that just adds a cozy feel.

Another big plus: Incredibly dog friendly facility with staff that seems to enjoy having 4-legged guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Hello Hotel Indigo Atlanta fan! We appreciate all the great comments you shared about your experience with the hotel. We strive to ensure each guest has a wonderful and meaningful experience and is treated as a guest in our home. It helps foster the cozy and warm personality of our boutique hotel. We can't wait to welcome you back... soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

as well as a lack of that nice southern hospitality that us frequent travelers are accustomed... the weird front desk setup made it a little unclear upon check-in to whom I should talk to... once in the beds were awesome, room clean... breakfast was a bit confused and service, in general, was overwhelmed (and there were only 4 of us there)... not sure if it was a people thing or a service thing... anyway, get to breakfast before the crowd... before 700am... decent location, but dont wander too far toward downtown late!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank greenskyblue
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the feedback from your stay with us. At Hotel Indigo, we strive to provide a comfortable, casual environment that provides memorable and exceptional experiences and are sorry we didn’t deliver on all of those promises to you. It is not our norm. We’re glad you enjoyed the amazing beds and hope we can have another chance to dazzle you with our Southern hospitality and friendly service.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Indigo for our anniversary and were very pleased. The staff is very courteous and helpful and tge facility was beautiful. The atmosphere was relaxed and checking in was low stress. We were well taken care of. A great place for couples to get away.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences. We're pleased that you thought of Hotel Indigo as the ideal place to celebrate your anniversary. As well I am pleased to know that our Award-winning staff helped make it a great anniversary experience. Our friendly and helpful staff is one of the best assets of the hotel. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next Hotel Indigo visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I was so exhausted that my sleep quality was not compromised, I was most disappointed by the cleanliness of my room. From marked up walls to a seemingly un-laundered bedspread and spottily-cleaned bathroom with not much space to tiptoe around questionable areas, I was pretty grossed out.

The noise level was high in the lobby, as there was some sort of function. Room service was unavailable due to the function, so I had to venture out into Atlanta at night alone to feed myself. And the noise unfortunately continued in the morning.

The receptionists were nice and the location was as central as you can get in the dispersed city that is Atlanta. I will not, however, stay here again.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first for cleanliness.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear ktimene,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the room service may have caused you. I am also sorry for the noise that affected your stay negatively. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 27, 2012

During my stay at the hotel indigo in college the staff was somewhat friendly i did meet an excellent cook he was very friendly and concerned about our stay if you ever visit. The indigo ask for chef Greg he will cook great meals for you and make your you feel very important thank you hotel indigo for great hospitality

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It’s always great to hear that a team member made your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Our staff loves to hear how they made a difference in our guests’ experiences. I will be sure to share your review the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels lead you back to Atlanta!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed this hotel with my dog because pets can stay free. The receptionist pocketed $50.00 charged on my credit card as a pet fee. I e-mailed the hotel manager for refund. The manager told that refund would be made after investigation. I have not heard from the manager nor recieved refund. The hotel does not mind keeping dishonest and money hungry employees.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nicky0022
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear nicky0022,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.