“Home away from home. Great hotel, great service!”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta
Ranked #54 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Home away from home. Great hotel, great service!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have been a regular guest at this hotel almost since it opened. It has friendly, welcoming staff and management who are attentive and perpetually pleasant. A very nice restaurant with a small but good menu and fabulous desserts. The rooms are small with beautiful and eye opening color and decor. Feels like a guest room in someone's home. The bathrooms are utilitarian...if you want bathtubs or like to lounge in the bathroom, this is NOT the hotel for you. Everyone else come on over!

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Planned a trip to Atlanta to celebrate our anniversary and attend the Mumford & Sons concert at the Fox Theatre. What a perfect location in Midtown! Rooms had a cool design and the bed was comfy. Eddie at the front desk gave us a great brunch recommendation as well. Staff was professional and courteous, we'll be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you so very much for your kind comments about our hotel, and especially our staff. We hope you return for your next anniversary and let us make it memorable for you once again.
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have been here since April 12, its now June 12. First of all the staff, Eddie, Nikki,Brain Stanley, John,Walter and Rodney make up this great staff at the hotel. There cheerful make you feel right at home and absolutly will go out of there way for you.The lobby is clean as are the rooms. The bathroom's are a bit small but you can still do your business. The Indigo has a nice outside patio that allow's you to relaxe and people watch as the crowd piles into The Fox Theater which is literally across the st. This hotel is well placed right between all the restaurants and things to do in Atlanta. I will be coming back to Atlanta and the Indigo will be seeing me again.This is a Holiday Inn owned hotel so you can get your Priority Club points. Thanks Indigo-EM

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size,there are no suit.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, especially about our wonderful staff. We have empowered them to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay, which I think is evident in your comments. We look forward to your continued stays.
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel offers incomparable service. I am a frequent traveler, and the service is the best I have ever experienced!! General Manager, Gabriele Webster, is the very best!!!! I highly recommend Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown.

Tom J.

• Stayed June 2011
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thanks so much for your kind recommendation.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I stay at this hotel at least once a month and will never stay anywhere else in Atlanta. They are almost like family the way they take such good care of me (and my dogs when they are with me.) When you are a business traveler the last thing you want is to feel like you are staying in another cookie-cutter hotel with no character, no personality such that you have to look at your itinerary to even know what city you are in.

If you don't fall in love with the architecture of this beautiful historic building you will fall in love with the staff. They practice guest care and not customer service. They are intuitive of my needs and always offer what I need before I ever have to ask.

For a frequent traveler, when I come to Hotel Indigo in Atlanta (midtown) I feel like I am coming home.

They try to put us in the same room and coordinates housekeeping when the dogs are out for their mid-day walk.

It doesn't matter what you need, they will do their best to make your comfortable..whether it is a microwave, refrigerator or dog bowls. They are responsive to your needs and sincerely happy to help.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We like to treat all of our guests as members of our extended family, welcoming them back time and time again.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I frequently travel to Atlanta and this time we brought our dog and decided to stay at the Hotel Indigo because they advertised being very pet friendly. First, when I called and asked how close to Lennox Mall the hotel was located, I was told two minutes. Upon arrival we discovered that the hotel was in the middle of downtown Atlanta and atleast 15 minutes from the mall (Buckhead). We pulled up to the hotel and we saw a man dressed in a messy uniform outside smoking, we waited a minute thinking he would assist us with our bags and when he didn't, we went inside. There, we discovered the hotel didn't have valet service, nor a bellhop to help us with our bags. We were informed there was a parking garage around the corner and we could park there, however our F-250 truck was too tall fit into the garage.
Also, they were not friendly to our dog, at one point dragging him by his collar onto the elevator. There was no where to walk our dog either, no grass or anything close around so we had to walk our dog up and down the streets of downtown Atlanta at 10pm, which isn't the safest.
They also informed us that the elevator was broken and we could take the stairs to our room on the third floor. However, the maintenance man did take us up the elevator with the fire escape key. Once we got to the room, we found the smallest hotel room we've ever seen. The bathroom was so small I couldn't even sit on the toilet without my knees hitting the sink. After all of this we decided we needed to leave. My husband went downstairs to get our money back, which they gladly refunded and have the maintenance man return to the third floor to assist me with our bags and dog at which point he said "No." My husband then had to give him money to come back in the elevator to get me.
This was the worst hotel I've ever been to and we would NEVER go back! From service to location to rooms, nothing about it was good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank norrischristina
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
First of all I would like to apologize for your perception of our hotel. Hopefully your view of our hotel was not impacted by the severe storm Atlanta was experiencing. We don't want the first impression of our hotel to be someone outside smoking, and we have addressed this with our employee. While our hotel does not have valet or bellhop, we are definitely willing to assist. Also, in regards to the elevators, as a safety precaution these auto recall to the ground floor to ensure safety. You may have heard of many people being stuck in elevators during this storm, and we want to ensure the same would not happen to our guests. We receive many awards in regards to our excellent customer service, and we feel this review does not accurately reflect our hotel.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My wife and I took our 3 month old puppy to Atlanta for a weekend trip to a wedding. The Hotel Indigo in downtown Atlanta was the best place to stay for not only my wife and I, but our puppy as well. The puppy was greated at the front desk with open arms. The rooms set up for dogs was great. We enjoyed our stay and will return with or without our dog.
When we left for the wedding the front desk offered to get the puppy from our room if someone called complaining of it barking too loud. The front desk planned to bring the cage down downstairs and baby sit for us. The Hotel Indigo is tops on my list of places to stay in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravlrwithdogfromAL
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you so much for reviewing us. We appreciate your kind words about our pet policy, which is one of the friendliest in town. Be sure to check out our seasonal "Canine Cocktail Hour" event next time you are in town. I am sure you enjoyed our dedicated pet friendly floor, being around other pet travelers.