“Great hotel but not for business trips”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Hotel Indigo is located in the heart of Midtown, across the street from Fox Theater and within walking distance to several restaurants. I'm sure that would be great for a weekend trip or vacation to see the sights of Atlanta, but it made for an incredibly noisy business trip for me. I stayed for 3 nights during the week, and each night was filled with noises from the street of people screaming and having a grand time. Be sure you get a room on one of the highest floors. Do not stay on a lower floor - you will hear all the noises from the street level. If you end up on the 2nd floor, do not stay across from the fitness center or you will be awoken early in the morning to the buzzing of the machines and television. This hotel is an older piece of property that has been beautifully renovated, but unfortunately the walls are still super thin. In addition, the bathrooms are really small and lacking any vanity space. Finally, there are only 2 elevators so you end up waiting on it during peak times.

Setting that aside, the rooms were clean and well-kept. There is a cafe in the lobby, which you can order room service. Once I found something they had in stock (they were out of the first 3 things I tried to order), it turned out to be a good experience. They also have a complimentary shuttle, which I took advantage of the last morning. All in all, an okay stay but if I decide to come back, I'll also be sure its for pleasure and not business!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank LZB777
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed November 15, 2007

We went to Atlanta for a long weekend getaway and had a great time at Hotel Indigo! It is centrally located in downtown, walking distance to just about everywhere and only a block from the Marta station if you wish to travel farther (not on foot.)

Our room, like the entire hotel, was colorful and vibrant. The rooms are small, but the utilization of space it done well. The bathrooms, while tiny, are lovely and well-appointed.

All the staff we met were friendly and helpful, even running batteries up for our remote at 11PM! Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely opt to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shopgirlmeg
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We've just returned from a stay at Hotel Indigo. We were in Atlanta celebrating our first wedding anniversary, and were referred to this hotel by a friend. We loved the the place...very warming and welcoming décor and atmosphere. I wouldn't say the service was exceptional...but the staff was friendly. We didn't really require much of service really anyway...we were just there for dinner in town, and to RELAX. The rooms ARE small...but, we really didn't need a large space. Nice and intimate I'd say! The bathrooms are VERY small...didn't spend a lot of time on there either though. Loved the colors and LOCATION!!! Right across the street from the FOX! We felt very safe as well. Wish there would have been valet though...we really didn't feel comfortable staying out late because we didn't want to be walking around late in the evening. Other than that, we had a wonderful stay, and definitely would consider staying again for our midtown Atlanta accommodations!

OH, as a side note, we had dinner at "Two Urban Licks", and it was amazing!!! What a great find, and we can't wait to go back. Check it out as well!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mclacal
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights and loved our stay at the Indigo. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and on our first night we were invited to join the wine testing event in reception.

We were on the 7th floor and didn't notice any noise at all. The room was lovely and very clean.

We walked to a different restaurant each night and felt very safe and in the day we caught the Marta into downtown Atlanta.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShasEngland
Reviewed September 30, 2007

This hotel met all expectations and then some. It was easy to find and located in a very nice area of Atlanta.

Parking was a breeze...we had no trouble getting our Ford F150 in and out of the parking garage during our stay.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful...we had a smooth check in and check out. They were also very helpful in giving directions to different attractions.

The hotel itself is beautiful...The bright colors and decor were a welcome change to the "hotel norm" that is found everywhere else. They have a restaraunt and lounge and free computer access off of the lobby.

The room was small, especially the bathroom. But, not so small to be an inconvenience (I, for one, use the room for relaxing and sleeping...and since we weren't using the room for calisthenics or any other activity that involves that much space, the room was more than adequate!). It had all of the hotel room standards: bed, night stands, desk, entertainment center/dresser...but in this case, it was decorated with refreshing colors and pretty furniture. They also gave little added touches, such as a cd of relaxing music, tray table on the bed, bench in the shower, and an overstuffed chair next to the bed to curl up in.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in during our many travels...feather pillows, cozy comforter, soft mattress (I'm actually dreading sleeping in my own bed tonight!)

Our room faced the Fox Theater and we stayed on a Saturday night, but did not have any "noise" problems. The room was quiet and we slept like babies.

When in Atlanta, this is definitely the hotel we will be staying in from here on in....excellent!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I stayed here for business. The hotel is located directly across from the Fox Theatre. The staff was nice and the decor modern. While a new hotel and it shows, some of the materials used are quite obviously cheap. Biggest impact on my stay was that my room was far too small. I have never been in a hotel room so small, and I travel frequently. The bathroom was too small to even hold my small travel kit, which had to be placed on a small table next to the door, which is also where brushing teeth, etc... needed to be done.

Reviewed September 2, 2007

Overall, I liked the experience here. Very friendly staff, pretty common areas, and clean, well-appointed rooms. That said, boy, these rooms are tiny, maybe the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. And as stated in other reviews, you can hit your head on the sink when you are on the toilet.

If the small rooms don't bother you, the location is great and the hotel is very pet-friendly, with one floor dedicated to travellers with pets.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family