Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
$460
$417
Cancelon
1,129 results
All reviewsfox theaterrooms are smallcute hotelpeachtree streetparking garagean older buildingbed was comfortablecorner roomlocation is excellentdirectly across the streetmarta stationstreet noisepiedmont parkhotel barthe general managergeorgia techbathroom
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Overall, I liked the experience here. Very friendly staff, pretty common areas, and clean, well-appointed rooms. That said, boy, these rooms are tiny, maybe the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. And as stated in other reviews, you can hit your head on the sink when you are on the toilet.

If the small rooms don't bother you, the location is great and the hotel is very pet-friendly, with one floor dedicated to travellers with pets.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Scotus
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We just got back from our 2 night stay at the Hotel Indigo Midtown. This was our first stay in Atlanta and we really enjoyed it. The hotel is situated in a great neighborhood. Midtown is great for walking around and great for dogs. We brought our 2 large dogs to the hotel (this was their first ever hotel stay) and it was so convenient! The hotel has a little dog walk area in the back. The neighborhood is very dog friendly and many of the restaurants allow dogs in the outside seating area. The rooms are VERY small; so are the bathrooms. However, we read other reviews and expected this... it was not so bad. The decor of the hotel and the rooms is very bright and fresh; this made the rooms seem less small. Our 2 dogs fit in the room just fine. The lobby is very bright and cute and inviting. The parking deck is right behind the hotel and is very convenient. We went to a concert at the Tabernacle and found it easy to drive downtown and park.

Some restaurants in midtown that we tried and recommend:

Babs - Just down the street from the hotel (within walking distance) - on Juniper street. Staff was very friendly, food was delicious. The dogs got to come too! We went for lunch but they also have themed Sunday brunches.

Gold Star Bakery - Down the street from the hotel on Peachtree. We went twice for breakfast. The french toast is so good! Very reasonably priced and outdoor seating that allows dogs.

Apres Diem - In Midtown Promenade on Monroe. Very delicious, great ambiance, outdoor and indoor seating (you seat yourself!). Food is good and reasonable - we went for dinner. We did not bring the dogs but you can (outside). Delicious cakes in the pastry case. This seemed to be a place locals enjoyed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fredders
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This is a cool place and its cool in a different sort of way. I was first surprised to see the old building then was a little under impressed when I assumed it was an old hotel that had been rehab'd. My company travel agent booked this.

When I walked in the lobby though, I was totally impressed. Very cool! Then they asked if I brought a dog. 'Well no, but' nice to be asked. I later found that they are 'pet friendly.'

So the room is great. Complete redo of an old property. I don't mean they just put in new beds either. The windows were even new. The bathroom had been completely gutted down to the electric outlets and the shower stalls. The bed was really FIRM like I liked it. I also had a cool corner room on the 12th floor. Nice view of the city. I looked towards the Fox Theatre.

The decor here is interesting. I finally decided, with the help of some other guests, that it reminded us of a seaside resort from the turn of the century. Lots of bright colors and shinny white trim. Big murals on the lots of walls really livened it all up. The room floors were tile, wood and some rugs. Very nice place. I liked it and would stay again.

Exit the MARTA North Ave exit and its right there.

Okay, it was not perfect, the knob on the ac unit was missing but I did not even bother to call someone.

This place was a nice change from "big box" style hotels.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank PGA2
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I was a little leery of this hotel after having read the reviews, but my experience at Hotel Indigo was excellent. The location is great, the staff is extremely professional, helpful and knowledgeable, and they all seem to have that Southern hospitality. Eddie at the front desk was particularly helpful. Several times, he quickly ran outside to hail me a cab, which would arrive within seconds.

Upon arriving, I asked for several dinner recommendations and Eddie directed me to the Ecco, a hip, upscale restaurant about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I felt completely safe walking along Peachtree alone at night, as the street is busy and filled with other walkers.

As for the room at the hotel, it was charming, quiet, and immaculate. It feels very different from the standard chain hotels, which for me, is a strong positive. The air conditioning worked very well, which is important in hot Atlanta. Yes, the bathroom is quite small, but unless someone is planning to spend a lot of time in the room, it doesn't really matter. I might also mention that when I checked in, I noticed that the drain in my sink in the bathroom wasn't working. I reported this, and when I returned from my business meeting later that day, the problem had been corrected.

The bar area is chic and fun, but my favorite is the lovely front porch on Peachtree. It's quite large and gracious, and the tables all have umbrellas. At night, it was relaxing to sit out on the porch with a cocktail and watch all the traffic and walkers go by.

Other features include a small room near the front desk with a computer with high speed Internet access and printer (free), and the MARTA, the Atlanta subway system, across the street.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank bizwriter
Reviewed June 17, 2007

this was our first stay at the hotel indigo and we were pleased with the location, room and service. other reviewers are correct, the rooms are small, but not unmanageable. we stayed two nights with our dog and all three of us fit just fine. if you are planning on entertaining in your room, maybe you should stay someplace else or use the seating areas in the lobby, bar or porch. we did spend most of our time exploring the city and visiting friends so this place was perfect to walk to restaurants, the park, botanical gardens, museums, etc..

the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. they provide good aveda products, the parking was close and not a problem to go in and out and the staff was accommodating to us and our dog. i will stay at hotel indigo again provided the price is the same and the reviews are stay solid.

Stayed: June 2007