“The Travelodge of Terror” 1 of 5 bubbles

Travel Inn Atlanta
Travel Inn Atlanta
Ranked #162 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Fayetteville, Georgia
“The Travelodge of Terror”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

One of the members of our family was in the South Fulton Hospital, which is not far away from this hotel. Since we lived 20 miles south of Atlanta we wanted to be close to the hospital, and I wanted some place cheap so the only hotel nearby that was very cheap was this Travelodge. Never reading the reviews on this place we hought it couldn't be very bad. Big Mistake! When we pulled into the parking lot we realized what we had gotten ourselves into. The hotel is in a very very bad neighborhood. The man at the front desk was one of the rudess people I've ever met in my life. Talking to me as a guest in a mean voice. Things got worse when we got into our room The room smelled so bad, thankfully we had fabuloso. The carpet was filthy, and there was stains on the furniture. The Tv was so old we couldn't watch anything because of the screen. We decided to try to find a different hotel. We called every hotel near the airport including the Best Western right down an exit from here, they were either full, overpriced, or didn't have what we needed. We then decided to stay there for the night, this was also another bad decision. With all the prostitutes outside hanging around the hotel, we decided to put the table, chairs, and even the drowers right at the hotel to block anyone trying to come get inside our room. We then settled into bed. Thankfully the beds and inside sheets were clean. That night we hardly could get any sleep, because of the noise coming from Interstate 75 which sits next to this place, and also with all the people taking, partying, and running down the walkway. Several times that night they knocked on our door loud as thunder. It scared us so badly that we just wanted it to be daylight so quick that we could get out of this place. At once the police had to come to this place for something on the 1st floor, it made even more scared, and made us realized never to stay at a hotel this close to Atlanta. Finally sunrise came. We hurried out of bed and got dressed. We skip the showers because the bathroom was covered in mold. W skip their breakfast had went down an exit to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. We ended up staying at our home he next night. It also told me to not waste money to stay close to an hotel when you can just get a better night sleep at your own home with no cost. Thankfully I just only paid $41.00 for this place. So I didn't waste a ton of money on this place, but it was still scary. When we told the nurse about the night, she just told me that she nevers steps in that area ,because the area is so bad. Although she did say we were lucky to leave that place Alive. I have definitely learned that you never stay at a motel this close to downtown Atlanta. The closest you should stay at a motel near Atlanta is Newnan, Douglasville, Kennesaw, Suwannee, Conyers, Fayetteville, and McDonough. I would never recommend anyone stay here, and we will never stay here ever again. I'M THAT WE ARE STILL ALIVE.

Room Tip: No Matter What, Look For Another Hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Caleb J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had to check in thru the bulletproof window in the vending and ice machine room late at night. Plus their computers were down to do the paperwork right then. For some reason, I didn't think it was that clean and could hear the airplanes landing all night. I left Atlanta to go to Fort Benning and needed a place again for an early flight upon return a few days later. Management did response with a future discount after my survey response wasn't that great. The second try was better then but the computers were still not working for check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BrieredelaPlante
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stay away. Forget about the lack of cleanliness about this property. The staff (1) and manager are wastoids and rude. I have travelled for over 50 years and this is the worst by far, including a place where I got bedbugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrieredelaPlante
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I can't claim that this review is for a recent stay, but it's one I will never forget. I got stranded in ATL and needed a place and made the mistake of picking this horrible place. I was so tired and fell asleep immediately after putting my bags down. After a bit the phone rang and someone asked if I wanted anything to drink. Being groggy, young and inexperienced in the ways of the world, I thought traveloge must have room service. After she listed several alcoholic drinks, I asked for an orange soda.

After I hung up, I started to think and realized something was wrong. I didn't think this hotel had room service and even if it did, room service doesn't call you! After a few minutes there was a knock at the door and looking through the peephole I saw a large prostitute with sores on her face.

Needless to say, I never came out of my room until it was time to catch my flight home. That place was scary, dirty and, well.... awful.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank SchulzeM
Chipley, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

To be honest, I knew this would be a slum but I was traveling with teenaged boys going to a concert. This place does have a gate around it but the folks inside the gate aren't any better than outside in the terrible neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Geewhiz1349
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I went and ALL of the reviews save for one are correct. No need to describe, it was mediocre and nasty. I had to get a staff member to clean a bug out and everything looked like one reviewer said....a SAW movie bahahahaa.....honest though. One guyt working for them riding in a golf cart was nice but the wait staff was rude and just heartless. I reserved my "room" with a credit card but with the understanding that I wouldn't be charged until check out. Well, this was partly my fault but I did call ahead and told them not to charge my card and I would be paying cash instead. So they took it, gave me a receipt and after my stay I noticed on my card statement they charged it again anyways!!!! I told them at the hotel too and they promised me not to charge it. I did this at another hotel and had no issues. Oh well....they are under investigation so they say. I've contaced my card company and they said if you didn't sign a form or authorize it in the end they have to refund the money. It was simply a reservation. I understand they charge you but they promised me not to do this. I should have just let them charge the card. They pocketed almost 50 bucks......I don't see how in the hell they are still in the biz.
Monnica

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank monnicamarie
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

After being stranded in Atlanta, Delta booked us a room here. Thinking it was a popular chain we weren't worried. After we checked in and found our room we were absolutely disgusted. The floors were filthy and the room stunk like cigarettes. Our bed sheets had crusty stains (your guess) and we found hair on the pillows. While my wife started calling to find another hotel I kept inspecting the room. The bathroom was straight out of a Saw movie, rusting tub, stained towels and a dirty shower curtain. The microwave was plastered with old food and the floor behind the bed had white powder behind it. (Insecticide?) All the while, there was a group of people hanging outside our room who seemed far too interested in our luggage.

When we finally booked another hotel and canceled our reservation here, the Manager promptly kicked us out, telling us that he needed to "clean" the room in 15 minutes for other guests.

While waiting for a cab to arrive, we waited in the lobby where we witnessed a local "character" bargain a room for $16. I stayed in Haiti for a week after the earthquake and the conditions here at Travelodge were still the worst I've ever seen!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank palliandrutty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Super 8 Atlanta/Jonesboro Road
Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Travel Inn Atlanta? Share your experiences!